onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: POS2 Port Vale v Swindon Town

Fosse69

1 hour ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

Thats the club we are and nothing wrong with it. We are not the biggest, never have been and never will be. We are currently a Div 2 team with...

5000 season tickets

6000 average gate in good season

9000 max home fans for end of season big game.

Thats us and thats good. If in div 2 next season then hopefully we build on the above figures but not by much i dont think. Hopefully a 1000 home fans on average gate would be max.

Nothing wrong with those figures except the people who dream that we should have double.

Anyone for Wembley with the 20000 others on the day. Friends of friends, family members, day out etc etc, but not regular supporters i am afraid.

If we take 20000 to wembley that would be fantastic.  Correct we if I'm wrong we took 28000 for the autoglass and about 10k for the play offs in 1993 and 10k for the anglo Italian cup final in 1996. Not sure about the LDV vans that was in Cardiff. So history says not to expect us take anymore than probably 15-20 thousand. 

On the issue if swindon we are size wise comparable but we have two teams in our city they have majority of Wiltshire backing them. Plus they have been in the top flight one season and won the league cup so I would say historically they are a bigger club that Vale. In 1993 they took 40 thousand to wembley for a play off final we wouldn't be able to do that and if we gave them the tickets they would sell another 1500 no problem.

Advert

If we take 20000 to wembley that would be fantastic.  Correct we if I'm wrong we took 28000 for the autoglass and about 10k for the play offs in 1993 and 10k for the anglo Italian cup final in 1996. Not sure about the LDV vans that was in Cardiff. So history says not to expect us take anymore than probably 15-20 thousand. 
On the issue if swindon we are size wise comparable but we have two teams in our city they have majority of Wiltshire backing them. Plus they have been in the top flight one season and won the league cup so I would say historically they are a bigger club that Vale. In 1993 they took 40 thousand to wembley for a play off final we wouldn't be able to do that and if we gave them the tickets they would sell another 1500 no problem.
I would be disappointed if we did not take 30,000 to a PO final at Wembley with the Premier League as the prize.

Have to agree with others - just ignore McKirdy on Thursday, don't give him any more additional motivation. He'll love being the pantomime villain. If we had someone like him, we'd all love him winding up other fans.

One thing I will say though - he should have been sent off on Sunday if we had a competent, strong ref.

Scoring a goal then "machine gunning" the away fans is a bookable offence for inciting the crowd.

Then that obvious, comical dive just before half time would have been another yellow.

But when have we had a competent ref in League Two ever?

11 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

I think we should start game with team who ended game v them first leg my only concern is Gibbons seemed too pally with Mckirdy after seeing them both laughing and joking at one corner not the one he scored from but thought it seemed a tad unprofessional to me with what a prat he is (mckirdy talented but a prat ).

According to a former player who was with him at Vale, McKirdy was fine and it just didn’t work out for him at the club. Not helped by a change of Manager.

i think people have it in for him when they don’t really know him. I’m not a fan of some of his antics but if he was still our player you’d put up with them.

1 hour ago, JSValiant said:

Yes, I am certainly a Vale Fan and of course I want them to win everything match, as I have for 60 years and will till I die. 
Lighten up man, it was a question not a Wish.

Are you telling me all Vale Fans never think they will lose, I bet Carol and David Flitcroft are planning for both League 1 and League 2,  that is the nature of the game. 
I introduced a topic for opinions that’s all.

No, I'm telling you that I expect all Vale fans to never want them to lose.

McKirdy will be loving this thread with all the attention he's getting. The guy is a total wum. Irritating to play against but if he's on your side you love him. Let's try and ignore him, play our own game and if we win then we can give him some back. He got lucky with his first goal the other day the ball should never have been put out for the corner. 

11 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Given that 7th placed Chesterfield managed 9000 against huge away supported Woking yesterday in non league damn right we should sell this out.

Incredulous of what we need to do if we fall short of Full House signs. 

There will be circa 8000 at York on Saturday.National league North Playoff Final v Boston.John Askey,Kingsley James and Mark Goodlad are the management/coaching team at York.

12 hours ago, darren1810 said:

I was at Hartlepool.  All I saw was exuberant celebrating similar to against Barrow and Oldham.  Maybe the surprise appearance of Clarke got emotions running but I personally don't think we over celebrated that day. 

Can only speak for myself but I didn't think it was a done deal ( genuinely not being wise after the event). 

Bristol was a must not lose , Walsall are Walsall and I certainly didn't fancy us at Exeter . We still had work to do and the group I travel away with were still balanced and cautious not celebrating promotion. 

I’d echo this.  Perhaps it was more of a buzz on the various social media outlets?

13 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

Thursday evening is not comparible to a Sunday afternoon.

Fair comment, but it’s effectively the last home game of the season, with a Wembley appearance hanging on it.  Fans will be more than happy to go to Wembley so why not get down the park and help the lads over the line?

To be honest I’m not actually all that bothered so long as we sell a decent number, because I think the atmosphere sometimes suffers when there are too many “big gamers” in attendance.  I appreciate this may be controversial, fans of the future and all that.

According to a former player who was with him at Vale, McKirdy was fine and it just didn’t work out for him at the club. Not helped by a change of Manager.
i think people have it in for him when they don’t really know him. I’m not a fan of some of his antics but if he was still our player you’d put up with them.
Maybe that's the case however when he took to the field he showed none of the enthusiasm he is showing for Swindon .
Carol deserved better but if they go through to final I'm blaming it on Askey why didn't he get a better reaction from the lad when it's obvious he had the talent .

Fair comment, but it’s effectively the last home game of the season, with a Wembley appearance hanging on it.  Fans will be more than happy to go to Wembley so why not get down the park and help the lads over the line?
To be honest I’m not actually all that bothered so long as we sell a decent number, because I think the atmosphere sometimes suffers when there are too many “big gamers” in attendance.  I appreciate this may be controversial, fans of the future and all that.
Isn't that the point of going into the Hamil, getting all the singers together. As a coincidence Leicester are doing the same thing for next season, they have nominated a section of the ground for singing, STs will be able to swop their seats if in the wrong area.

46 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Maybe that's the case however when he took to the field he showed none of the enthusiasm he is showing for Swindon .
Carol deserved better but if they go through to final I'm blaming it on Askey why didn't he get a better reaction from the lad when it's obvious he had the talent .

That last sentence is exactly the point I was making a couple of days ago.  If he wasn't good enough, fair enough, but if there was some potential (and clearly there is with 23 goals this season!) then why didn't the management get more out of him and keep him as a part of our set-up?

9 hours ago, JimmyPVFC said:

I don't think they have broad support in Wiltshire - I'm from West Wilts and there is a mix of Gas and Bristol City fans there (not even including non-league such as Bath City and Yeovil). If you go further south, Bournemouth and Southampton are physically closer.......

3 hours ago, Bycarsbill said:

That last sentence is exactly the point I was making a couple of days ago.  If he wasn't good enough, fair enough, but if there was some potential (and clearly there is with 23 goals this season!) then why didn't the management get more out of him and keep him as a part of our set-up?

Probably because the last 2 managers play systems that don’t accommodate a player who you need to give a free(ish) role to and not expect him to tracking back all game. He needs to be allowed to do what he wants IMO and then you get the best out of him.

Archived