onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: POS2 Port Vale v Swindon Town

Fosse69

3 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

If we can “sell out” for Newport no reason we shouldn’t do similar for this game, given the magnitude of the game and that the tie is finely balanced.  Ok there’ll be a few school kids and parents that can’t go but that shouldn’t be a huge number.

Given that 7th placed Chesterfield managed 9000 against huge away supported Woking yesterday in non league damn right we should sell this out.

Incredulous of what we need to do if we fall short of Full House signs. 

Advert

Given that 7th placed Chesterfield managed 9000 against huge away supported Woking yesterday in non league damn right we should sell this out.
Thursday evening is not comparible to a Sunday afternoon.

13 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:
25 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Thursday evening is not comparible to a Sunday afternoon.

2200 Swindon fans making the effort. 

I just feel there's no excuse whatever night or day it is. These games are once a decade or in our case once in 29 years. 

Find the absolute vitriolic hatred of McKirdy a bit cringey to be honest. Proper head loss from some. Grown men. What's he supposed to have done? Not done very well for us and then been excellent for another club? Having daft hair?
All people are talking about is how to injure him. I'm seeing people who were incandescent with rage about Swindon's 'diving and gamemanship' on Sunday now openly salivating over the prospect of intentionally injuring an opposition player.
A few seem a bit 'rattled'. He's got in people's heads, rent-free to use a colloquialism, and he'll be loving it. People are obsessing. He'll be hoping for loads of abuse on Thursday. Easiest route is to just ignore him, which, considering his contribution for us, would be the sensible option.
It's akin to gleefully chatting about intentionally injuring Gezim Shalaj (exactly), who played about the same number of games. Why fire up a very good player who clearly thrives when there's people to wind up? Considering the character of some of the players we've actively worshipped in years gone by, I just don't get it.
Yeah, pretty much.

I was chuffed when we signed McKirdy, I remember talking to a few gentlemen I know about how good it was to be signing a bloke who could kick it properly. We had real serious problems with kicking it properly around that time.

It's a shame it didn't work out here but he's clearly a delicate character who's not really developed into a normal grown up yet. It was obvious that it was best for both parties to part ways but I'm glad he's doing well now to be honest, it'd be a bit sad if he wasted his career.

The main issue I have with him is his hair. He used to look like a relatively respectable young man; I'm not sure why he chooses to look like he does now.

I just feel there's no excuse whatever night or day it is. These games are once a decade or in our case once in 29 years. 
I wonder if part of the problem is the fact that we got promoted a few weeks ago at Hartlepool. After celebrating that I wonder if it's a bit galling for some people to have to try and get promoted again, especially as we've been stumbling through games since then.

Some people probably can't be bothered after the chaos of trying to get in to the last couple of home games. The Northampton promotion game was also a Saturday (a nice day out on the sauce for most, not a working day) where we could actually achieve something, we can't really achieve anything on Thursday.

6 minutes ago, Rory said:

I wonder if part of the problem is the fact that we got promoted a few weeks ago at Hartlepool. After celebrating that I wonder if it's a bit galling for some people to have to try and get promoted again, especially as we've been stumbling through games since then.

Some people probably can't be bothered after the chaos of trying to get in to the last couple of home games. The Northampton promotion game was also a Saturday (a nice day out on the sauce for most, not a working day) where we could actually achieve something, we can't really achieve anything on Thursday.

I was at Hartlepool.  All I saw was exuberant celebrating similar to against Barrow and Oldham.  Maybe the surprise appearance of Clarke got emotions running but I personally don't think we over celebrated that day. 

Can only speak for myself but I didn't think it was a done deal ( genuinely not being wise after the event). 

Bristol was a must not lose , Walsall are Walsall and I certainly didn't fancy us at Exeter . We still had work to do and the group I travel away with were still balanced and cautious not celebrating promotion. 

I think for Swindon it’s probably a bigger high getting into the play offs than for us…

What I mean by that is Swindon are out of the race then won four and qualified on a huge wave after four wins…

Vale on the other hand we’re 5 points clear in the autos and blew it so in that aspect the play offs feel a bit of a let down. We’ve gone into the play offs in completely different mindsets.

Swindon away is the least enticing fixture we have, we always take far less than we do to their near neighbours. It’s a ball ache to get too, isn’t the most pleasant, played them millions of times in recent decades and add to that we have a shocking record there so could understand the lack of enthusiasm, it was the least attractive tie we could of got in the play offs so typically we get it.

The home game though we’ve got to have a huge crowd for it. It’s last chance saloon for the season, win or bust but game on a knife edge. If you can attend then you should. The one thing that isn’t ideal is of course late notice and people working, skint after some big matches and some maybe feeling let down from the two big crowd games recently at home.

Anything less than 10,000 home fans would be very disappointing.

McKirdy is what he is, not everyone’s cup of tea, let’s face it when he leaves Swindon and then comes back and slates them on social media the fans that love him now will be raging. That’s football it’s fickle.

He’s been bombed out by a few clubs, plenty of baggage and for his sake he needed to take this chance or he’s going down into the non leagues.

He’s in a Swindon side scoring lots of goals, I’d say they go up and are struggling in league one and things aren’t going so well then that’s probably the acid test on him as a player and character. I don’t think his talent was ever the question.

Would I ever want him back at Vale? No. It didn’t work out here and there was a reason for that but good luck to him (after Thursday).

DC hopefully has worked them out I reckon he as .
8000 home tickets gone is excellent with 3 days go and now they have released the e tickets will be brought make no mistake about it will be full hope so looking forwards to pitch invasion when Vale have stuck 4 past the arrogant big headed lot they are .
Last 15/20 we had enough chances draw the first game and I felt we certainly were not at full pelt .
Thurs in front of a fanatical home support we sort these out for good .
If you do not believe that then what's the point in going 8000 home fans have brought into that happening and I believe it will we are a better side than all the 3 remaining sides in play offs in my opinion

29 minutes ago, dishydave said:
8 hours ago, Packmoor_vale said:
8000 for a play off semi final 2nd leg is a bit concerning for me 

We are just not as big a club as most would have you believe. But if it was a Saturday game I'm in no doubt we would of sold out by now

Thats the club we are and nothing wrong with it. We are not the biggest, never have been and never will be. We are currently a Div 2 team with...

5000 season tickets

6000 average gate in good season

9000 max home fans for end of season big game.

Thats us and thats good. If in div 2 next season then hopefully we build on the above figures but not by much i dont think. Hopefully a 1000 home fans on average gate would be max.

Nothing wrong with those figures except the people who dream that we should have double.

Anyone for Wembley with the 20000 others on the day. Friends of friends, family members, day out etc etc, but not regular supporters i am afraid.

Thats the club we are and nothing wrong with it. We are not the biggest, never have been and never will be. We are currently a Div 2 team with...
5000 season tickets
6000 average gate in good season
9000 max home fans for end of season big game.
Thats us and thats good. If in div 2 next season then hopefully we build on the above figures but not by much i dont think. Hopefully a 1000 home fans on average gate would be max.
Nothing wrong with those figures except the people who dream that we should have double.
Anyone for Wembley with the 20000 others on the day. Friends of friends, family members, day out etc etc, but not regular supporters i am afraid.
Spot on where this we are a big club a sleeping giant it's nonsense
We are pretty well supported for a league 2 team anyway it's quality not quantity what counts ,to get the terrific gates we have v BR and Newport was excellent in itself so for 8000 plus already be sold when last 2 home games with mediocre performance levels because lets face those performances were no where near good enough so for them still to come after the way we have thrown away 3rd spot is fantastic .
So let's not have a go at our support Swindons the big club and they only averagely took 37 more fans away in the last 46 games .
Our support are loyal they deserve a proper good performance whether we will get it well thats down to there professional pride ,so for not bothered how many they sell already with 8000 plus Vale we will get behind them
UTV

10 hours ago, EricHamesis said:

This is bizarre. You're a Vale fan. (I presume.)  Even considering the possibility that you might want them to lose the next game to save potential disappoinrment further down the line is unbelievable.

Yes, I am certainly a Vale Fan and of course I want them to win everything match, as I have for 60 years and will till I die. 
Lighten up man, it was a question not a Wish.

Are you telling me all Vale Fans never think they will lose, I bet Carol and David Flitcroft are planning for both League 1 and League 2,  that is the nature of the game. 
I introduced a topic for opinions that’s all.

Archived