onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: POS2 Port Vale v Swindon Town

Fosse69

Advert

2 hours ago, JSValiant said:

Obviously I want and think the Vale can win Thursday and at Wembley.

But if we don’t get promoted would fans rather lose in the Semifinals or at Wembley.

Having witnessed the defeat to West Brom in 1993, it is the worst feeling I’ve ever felt after losing, seeing all the opposition   fans and players celebrating etc.  
Obviously Financially for the club, the Final would be the answer but the disappointment would it be worse ?

Semis for me. The reason being the manner of the defeat by these in the league took me four days to get over. So I’m not sure how long it would take me to get over a final loss. Fingers crossed we’ll get promoted 

33 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Funnily enough this cropped up on the way home. But you can't pick and choose ultimately so it's a get to the final and then take your chances. 

But even now I harp on about Roger Milford. That defeat was horrible. 

Milford thought ppl went to watch him

I think we should start game with team who ended game v them first leg my only concern is Gibbons seemed too pally with Mckirdy after seeing them both laughing and joking at one corner not the one he scored from but thought it seemed a tad unprofessional to me with what a prat he is (mckirdy talented but a prat ).

So I'd be putting Garrity on Mckirdy all game as I think Garrity can put the kind of challenges in required stop him and hopefully put him on a stretcher but with a fair challenge (one hopes ).
So my team
Stone
Smith Hall Benning
Garrity Gibbons
Pett Taylor Charsley
Wilson Proctor
I think that team will get the job done .

I think we should start game with team who ended game v them first leg my only concern is Gibbons seemed too pally with Mckirdy after seeing them both laughing and joking at one corner not the one he scored from but thought it seemed a tad unprofessional to me with what a prat he is (mckirdy talented but a prat ).

So I'd be putting Garrity on Mckirdy all game as I think Garrity can put the kind of challenges in required stop him and hopefully put him on a stretcher but with a fair challenge (one hopes ).
So my team
Stone
Smith Hall Benning
Garrity Gibbons
Pett Taylor Charsley
Wilson Proctor

I worry that If you put Garrity on Mckirdy, he'll get dragged out wide constantly and you'll lose a body in midfield. Johnny Williams will have a field day against a two man midfield.

I worry that If you put Garrity on Mckirdy, he'll get dragged out wide constantly and you'll lose a body in midfield. Johnny Williams will have a field day against a two man midfield.
There's 3 in my midfield Garrity be playing Worralls role and if you have seen Ben in full flight you will see why I have put him there so not only will he put in strong challenges in when we on the offensive he will get in on the right side of that box somethings D Worrall is not doing at present in fact I'd play Edmondson before Worrall at present .
UTV

12 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

So my team
Stone
Smith Hall Benning
Garrity Gibbons
Pett Taylor Charsley
Wilson Proctor

That's not the team that finished the game. Charsley went off at half time, and Worrall played all through.

2 hours ago, JSValiant said:

Obviously I want and think the Vale can win Thursday and at Wembley.

But if we don’t get promoted would fans rather lose in the Semifinals or at Wembley.

Having witnessed the defeat to West Brom in 1993, it is the worst feeling I’ve ever felt after losing, seeing all the opposition   fans and players celebrating etc.  
Obviously Financially for the club, the Final would be the answer but the disappointment would it be worse ?

This is bizarre. You're a Vale fan. (I presume.)  Even considering the possibility that you might want them to lose the next game to save potential disappoinrment further down the line is unbelievable.

33 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

8000 for a play off semi final 2nd leg is a bit concerning for me 

If we can “sell out” for Newport no reason we shouldn’t do similar for this game, given the magnitude of the game and that the tie is finely balanced.  Ok there’ll be a few school kids and parents that can’t go but that shouldn’t be a huge number.

Find the absolute vitriolic hatred of McKirdy a bit cringey to be honest. Proper head loss from some. Grown men. What's he supposed to have done? Not done very well for us and then been excellent for another club? Having daft hair?

All people are talking about is how to injure him. I'm seeing people who were incandescent with rage about Swindon's 'diving and gamemanship' on Sunday now openly salivating over the prospect of intentionally injuring an opposition player.

A few seem a bit 'rattled'. He's got in people's heads, rent-free to use a colloquialism, and he'll be loving it. People are obsessing. He'll be hoping for loads of abuse on Thursday. Easiest route is to just ignore him, which, considering his contribution for us, would be the sensible option.

It's akin to gleefully chatting about intentionally injuring Gezim Shalaj (exactly), who played about the same number of games. Why fire up a very good player who clearly thrives when there's people to wind up? Considering the character of some of the players we've actively worshipped in years gone by, I just don't get it.

Archived