onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: POS2 Port Vale v Swindon Town

Fosse69

Advert

12 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

We should have brought someone, who we can afford to have suspended and told them to make sure Mckirdy isnt fit for the second leg.

As Nobby Stiles said when asked by the manager to take out Charlie Cooke,

’How long for’

I said exactly the same to my lad !!

2 minutes ago, TEXAS said:

I said exactly the same to my lad !!

There is more chance of Jonny Williams staying on his feet than we give them more tickets just take the roof of the bycars for them treat them like they treat us.

I’d stick a player like Garrity on McKirdy for the whole game and just play 10-10 against the rest. Their defence looks really shaky and the other strikers are no threat at all.

19 minutes ago, 1 said:

I’d stick a player like Garrity on McKirdy for the whole game and just play 10-10 against the rest. Their defence looks really shaky and the other strikers are no threat at all.

That is a very sensible idea 

16 hours ago, Conrad said:

It will be a completely different game Thursday, today we had 1600 fans in an away end with no roof so crap acoustics, also they were soaked to the skin so not very enthusiastic, Thursday there will be around 11/12000 so a 12th man for sure.

just a question, do bookings from today carry over to Thursday? Is it classed as the same game?

No, it is classed as 2 Separate games.

I don't know why but I feel really confident we will go through on Thursday. I don't know why as I've not been confident at all this season, even when we went 2-0 down I was calm. We seem to have played poor in a lot of first halves this season but that Wilson goal confirmed that this tie is far from over. 

4 minutes ago, Rocky said:

I don't know why but I feel really confident we will go through on Thursday. I don't know why as I've not been confident at all this season, even when we went 2-0 down I was calm. We seem to have played poor in a lot of first halves this season but that Wilson goal confirmed that this tie is far from over. 

Turn up, play like we have at times this season at our best and we can definitely Win !

Imagine getting a goal inside the first 15 mins, then we’re level, at home, in the ascendancy being roared on by a huge crowd. We can still win this, if Proctor starts I think we are favourites.

2 hours ago, 1 said:

Imagine getting a goal inside the first 15 mins, then we’re level, at home, in the ascendancy being roared on by a huge crowd. We can still win this, if Proctor starts I think we are favourites.

Because of the current scoreline to go through the tie the bookies are

Swindon 1/3    Vale 9/4

Thursday

Vale 11/8, Draw 9/4 Swindon 21/10 

Obviously all bookies will be roughly the same as they copy and paste so to avoid messing up. 

2 hours ago, Rocky said:

I feel similar to this. There's always a big turning point in these 2 legged affairs & when their lad put that chance for the 3rd over the bar it felt like a big moment. The tide changed.

We went from being virtually dead & buried & out of the tie at 3-0 down, to clawing a goal back & being a solitary goal behind. Felt like a big moment that miss.

I didn't see anything other than McKirdy to be afraid of. Whether they will get their passing game going on our big pitch remains to be seen but I think we have a great chance.

If somebody had said at the start of the season, you'll need to win your final home game by a 2 goal margin/penalties to get to Wembley... you'd have snapped their hand off.

I've a sneaky suspicion we will see penalties on Thursday. & I'd honestly sub Cov on with 30 seconds remaining for the shootout.

If it does go that far, whoever is in nets... stay put for the McKirdy pen. He is absolutely nailed on to try a panenka, he won't be able to help himself.

Archived