onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Northampton Town

Advert

33 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Has anyone else heard that the Cobblers are considering launching an appeal with the EFL. The basis of their appeal is that Scunthorpe fielded seven teenagers in there massive loss to Brizzle, which meant that they missed out on automatic promotion 

Good but...

Waste of time effort and money...

Scumthorpe are a non league club now, some of that team had played previously so can justify selection and it's the EFL!..they would deal with appeal in 2024...and penalise Rovers for pitch invasion!

Nothing will come of it. It never does.

Scunny have been drip feeding the kids into the squad over the last few weeks so they haven't actually broken any rules. Stinks a bit and I know Keith Hill will have gone down in a lot of people's estimations because of it.

You know you're on dodgy ground if the crux of your argument is "yeah, if they played their strongest side they'd still be **** but they might have only lost by 6"

Scunthorpe should be utterly ashamed of what they have done to Northampton ,imagine being a player of theres you have kept 21 clean sheets you win your last game 3-1 away I bet they are heartbroken .
It's Mansfield v Vale or Swindon in final for me i cannot see how there club can get over the sheer horror of what happened .
I'm a bit gutted for them meself but that doesn't mean if they get to the final and us I wouldn't want us beat them I would .
UTV

Scunthorpe owed nothing to Northampton! If it suited them to field a team of kids in preparation for life in non-League that's up to them. Like us, Northampton have had a few dodgy results over the season - any of these could have helped them gain more points / score more goals? No - I wouldn't like it done to us...and I didn't like 2 teams settling for a draw and keeping us out of the playoff places! I think a Championship team also fielded kids in their last game? It's football - yes - sometimes it stinks, but Scunthorpe owed nobody anything and they only need to consider what's best for them!   

18 minutes ago, sinnott2spinnit said:

A big concern, should Northampton get to Wembley, is how the officials react. it shouldn’t happen, but human nature may offer them a helping hand. 

It certainly shouldn't have any effect on what happens in the playoffs. Officials can make bad enough decisions without being influenced by some imaginary sleight! 

A last day from their worst nightmares for Northampton but football has a funny way of evening itself out eventually from a good fortune perspective, even if it takes a while.

They got extremely lucky when the season got cut short & we missed out on the playoffs based on PPG. They squirmed in & went on to win at Wembley.

I really hope it's our year. I hope we get the rub of the green that's sometimes required in the playoffs. A decision, a penalty, a 98th minute winner... anything. We're long overdue aren't we on all fronts. No playoffs since 93, one of the few EFL teams to never have played at the new Wembley. You could put it down to us being crap for the majority of the last 25 years but I think there's also been a few unfortunate occasions along the way. Ironically Swindon shafting us v Hartlepool on the last day all those years back in league 1.

It's time. Come on Vale. Bring it home for us.

Archived