• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

What jobs have you done for PVFC

2 minutes ago, Tommy McLarens Boots said:

For a few years in the early 70's me and some mates helped out on the ground staff. This involved hand rolling the pitch after matches (no tractors in those days) to stop frost getting in. It wasn't much fun on a cold February night.

Was Bob Fairfax there then?

Advert:

51 minutes ago, Santa said:

That sort of level of detail interests me. I also need tips how to cut my toenails properly because the ones on my big toe always grow back wrong and dig in. 

Don’t cut them too short or down the sides which can increase the chances of an ingrowing toe nail 

4 minutes ago, Raveninblack said:

That’s good enough for me any day

28 minutes ago, Raveninblack said:

So you know nothing about my profession?

I am trained in surgery, fully understanding the  biomechanics have a complete knowledge of the anatomy of the lower limb and the physiology of the body: I am not a chiropodist as you think? I didn’t get a degree for cutting toe nails! And was a director of my professional body, so not that mundane? 

Must get you to look at my feet and see if you can find a sense of humour there 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Houston Valiant said:

I hitched a lift from Thurles, County Tipperary  to Dublin in November 1973. I’d been following the Vale for 5 years at that time , and had been writing to a Mr.&Mrs. Bennett, who lived in Sneyd Green, and were running the Supporters Club . Got the ferry to Holyhead, train to Crewe, and on to Longton. 
Walked from Longton to Sneyd Green, before miraculously finding the Bennetts walking out their front door to get the coach to Aldershot.  They were shocked and delighted to see me, as I hadn’t told them. Vale drew 0-0, and on the following Monday I went to Vale Park to see them play Blackburn Rovers. I had met a chap whose name was Paul , and he lived in the first semi detached house past the Hamil end , overlooking the ground. He brought me over to the Railway entrance and handed me a load of Golden Goal tickets and off I went selling them . How I found myself on the cinder track in front of the Railway Paddock , is beyond me, but a policeman soon put me right, and into the Paddock I went. Vale lost 2-1 , Woodward scored a piledriver from 20 yards, and I was in a daze . I couldn’t believe what was happening. It was the best football experience of my life , hands down. Sorry to go on, but do any of you remember the Bennetts?They were lovely people, and they treated me like a son. I was 18. In fact , everyone was so kind. Would anyone know who Paul was? Slim chance , I suppose. But Vale Park , the lights , Woodward’s goal. It was magic . UTV 

There’s a guy that lives on our grove who used to live either in that house or the one next door, I know he’s a vale fan, I only know him as Mozzer so guessing his surname could be Morris.

• Thanks 1

Advert:

14 minutes ago, Raveninblack said:

Don’t cut them too short or down the sides which can increase the chances of an ingrowing toe nail 

Also, bunions. Horrible things. 

1 hour ago, Houston Valiant said:

A souvenir from 1972. UTV 

72052DD4-550A-4914-9024-4DD2A0EC4AD3.jpeg

I have the one from the LDV win at home somewhere. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommy McLarens Boots said:

I remember Harry Bennett and his wife from the away coach (often only one in those days) I also remember Paul but can't recall his surname. I vaguely remember you coming over from Ireland and coming to Aldershot with us. Glad you're still following the Vale.

I can’t speak highly enough of the Bennetts They were a lovely couple who treated me so well . If I remember right, there was only one coach going to Aldershot. There will be a few more going to Swindon next week. It’s only the Vale for me , TMB. Thanks very much . 

Advert:

2 hours ago, Houston Valiant said:

I hitched a lift from Thurles, County Tipperary  to Dublin in November 1973. I’d been following the Vale for 5 years at that time , and had been writing to a Mr.&Mrs. Bennett, who lived in Sneyd Green, and were running the Supporters Club . Got the ferry to Holyhead, train to Crewe, and on to Longton. 
Walked from Longton to Sneyd Green, before miraculously finding the Bennetts walking out their front door to get the coach to Aldershot.  They were shocked and delighted to see me, as I hadn’t told them. Vale drew 0-0, and on the following Monday I went to Vale Park to see them play Blackburn Rovers. I had met a chap whose name was Paul , and he lived in the first semi detached house past the Hamil end , overlooking the ground. He brought me over to the Railway entrance and handed me a load of Golden Goal tickets and off I went selling them . How I found myself on the cinder track in front of the Railway Paddock , is beyond me, but a policeman soon put me right, and into the Paddock I went. Vale lost 2-1 , Woodward scored a piledriver from 20 yards, and I was in a daze . I couldn’t believe what was happening. It was the best football experience of my life , hands down. Sorry to go on, but do any of you remember the Bennetts?They were lovely people, and they treated me like a son. I was 18. In fact , everyone was so kind. Would anyone know who Paul was? Slim chance , I suppose. But Vale Park , the lights , Woodward’s goal. It was magic . UTV 

The lad was Paul Morrison ,now lives on park estate ,still goes the vale, did you come over and stay at his house for the cup run to the 5 th round against Villa mid 70 s

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Conrad said:

There’s a guy that lives on our grove who used to live either in that house or the one next door, I know he’s a vale fan, I only know him as Mozzer so guessing his surname could be Morris.

Is that Marston Grove.?

9 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Yes.

That’ll be Dave Morrison. Strangely enough in the thread about PVFC Swindon. He’s the one whose parents house was on the Hamil by the church so he could watch games from the upstairs bedroom window. Not like us acclimatised ones who sat on the wall. 

7 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

That’ll be Dave Morrison. Strangely enough in the thread about PVFC Swindon. He’s the one whose parents house was on the Hamil by the church so he could watch games from the upstairs bedroom window. Not like us acclimatised ones who sat on the wall. 

His older brother Paul 

Advert:

2 hours ago, bertiepee said:

The lad was Paul Morrison ,now lives on park estate ,still goes the vale, did you come over and stay at his house for the cup run to the 5 th round against Villa mid 70 s

I went to his house in 1972 for that Blackburn match, but I stayed with the Bennetts. It was a long time till I saw the next match in 1977 v Burnley in the cup. I was going to London to try to get work. Stayed in the George on the Friday and a bnb after the match . What a day that was. When Vale scored the winner through Derek Brownbill , I think, , I lost my wallet on the Lorne St. terrace, and a few mins later , a man tapped me on the shoulder and handed it to me. I wasn’t able to go to the 5th Round at Villa Park, and London eat me alive , returning to Ireland 3 months later. 
One Vale fan told me that I could apply for work at Wedgewood, but I didn’t do it. 

9 hours ago, Houston Valiant said:

I went to his house in 1972 for that Blackburn match, but I stayed with the Bennetts. It was a long time till I saw the next match in 1977 v Burnley in the cup. I was going to London to try to get work. Stayed in the George on the Friday and a bnb after the match . What a day that was. When Vale scored the winner through Derek Brownbill , I think, , I lost my wallet on the Lorne St. terrace, and a few mins later , a man tapped me on the shoulder and handed it to me. I wasn’t able to go to the 5th Round at Villa Park, and London eat me alive , returning to Ireland 3 months later. 
One Vale fan told me that I could apply for work at Wedgewood, but I didn’t do it. 

I think you met us in strikes night club in Burslem on Saturday night after the Burnley game ( I was with Paul Morrison )  we were talking to the manager Alan Salt, a big vale fan , and he was saying the atmosphere was great but the previous round replay against Hull was a better atmosphere,