Match Thread: POS1 Swindon Town v Port Vale

4 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

Bar 71 open 10.0, Turnstiles open 10.30

I went in there a couple of years ago when I went Swindon away and the beer was <ovf censored>. The cricket club by the football ground is much better even got a free dominoes pizza from there when we all went in there earlier this season.

Advert:

I think Swindon are the toughest of the sides in the playoffs that we could have ended up with. From what I’ve seen of them they play on the front foot, play decent football and have been a threat going forward all season - think they ended up as top scorers and top side for possession in the league so you can expect we will spend a fair bit of the tie without the ball and potentially on the back foot.

Midfield including Payne and Williams is arguably L1 level. McKirdy was clearly a talent before he came to us, showed us a few glimpses but never suited a Clarke system or squad but really looks to have found his groove at Swindon.

I do worry about the absences we have in midfield as that has been an area in the last few weeks where we have really struggled to dominate the game. Conlon has obviously been a big blow for the second half of the season but I do look at Walker getting injured at Hartlepool as a key factor in what followed for the next few games as well. Getting Walker involved in these games would be a massive boost if he is fit enough to do so.

Looks like the winners will be facing Mansfield based on evidence of the first half hour in the other tie.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, saintvaliant said:

I think Swindon are the toughest of the sides in the playoffs that we could have ended up with. From what I’ve seen of them they play on the front foot, play decent football and have been a threat going forward all season - think they ended up as top scorers and top side for possession in the league so you can expect we will spend a fair bit of the tie without the ball and potentially on the back foot.

Midfield including Payne and Williams is arguably L1 level. McKirdy was clearly a talent before he came to us, showed us a few glimpses but never suited a Clarke system or squad but really looks to have found his groove at Swindon.

I do worry about the absences we have in midfield as that has been an area in the last few weeks where we have really struggled to dominate the game. Conlon has obviously been a big blow for the second half of the season but I do look at Walker getting injured at Hartlepool as a key factor in what followed for the next few games as well. Getting Walker involved in these games would be a massive boost if he is fit enough to do so.

Looks like the winners will be facing Mansfield based on evidence of the first half hour in the other tie.

Yes but they are Swindon not Seville!

• Like 3

Advert:

5 hours ago, Andy Proctor said:

I went in there a couple of years ago when I went Swindon away and the beer was <ovf censored>. The cricket club by the football ground is much better even got a free dominoes pizza from there when we all went in there earlier this season.

5165FC52-88E3-4102-B661-CF1C6D82AB52.jpeg

4 hours ago, saintvaliant said:

If we go up there are far better teams in League 1 we'd have to worry about. If we are good enough to go up then Swindon are beatable. I do agree and take your point about our midfield not as strong without Conlon and Walker. 

Advert:

So hard to call this one. Both sides with great away records. HATE to admit it but I've put £120 on Swindon winning today at 5/4. Interestingly Swindon now on the drift and are around the 29/20 mark. NOT that I fancy it or God forbid want it to happen. It would just at least ease my pain somewhat in that sinario.....😁

So hard to call this one. Both sides with great away records. HATE to admit it but I've put £120 on Swindon winning today at 5/4. Interestingly Swindon now on the drift and are around the 29/20 mark. NOT that I fancy it or God forbid want it to happen. It would just at least ease my pain somewhat in that sinario.....
Funny that, input a bet on Vale yesterday to win today
  • Like 1

Advert:

Right - just about to head off to catch the train.

Safe journey you SVA!

Come on Vale! Good performance today and let's put them to the sword at Vale Park!

UTV and KTF

• Like 5