Match Thread: POS1 Swindon Town v Port Vale

Just read stats that said we were the 5tg best away supported team in League 2 with 832 fans,13 behind Swindle. 

This seems to justify the amount of tickets we have allocated them

• Like 1

Advert:

Right let's talk about the game .
How's Walker is he ready ?
Has the rest done duracell Worrall good .
Noticed Covalan on bench v Exeter hopefully the lad can resume his career we all make mistakes thats part of life .
Team well we do not have go gung-ho it worked v Exeter but I think we need to play better than on that performance take the same result though ,Wilson Proctor and Garrity have enough quality get us a goal at any point during first game I think what cost us v Bristol Rovers and Newport was the fact we were so wanting score goals that we left the back door open so keep it closed .
SVA
UTV

I think the club are quite rightly keeping things quiet about who's fit or not (so our opponents are kept guessing) but I think it would be a big boost if Walker was in contention. 

• Like 5

On 12/05/2022 at 14:39, rayzer said:

It would also help the profile of the club if we knew if Robbie was coming to the match. I also think that Jonathon Wilkes's lad was a young player at Swindon, but I don't know if he is still there.

Johnny Wilkes tweeted recently that he was attending both games . Thought I’d seen him in the queue 😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Advert:

I think we should be cautious about booing and aggravate Mckirdy as he didn’t have the greatest reputation at Carlisle before he joined us and then he met an old unwanted teammate Mitchell Clarke, started an unacceptable adversarial relationship behind the scenes which upset the balance, the team performances started to decline which lead to tge sacking of John Askey, with Mitch Clarke’s continuing decline(?)

but we now have a new manager and look forward: what we must do is improve our press in midfield and not give them the chance to overrun us with Jack Payne dominating play: we desperately need Charsley to play with a higher press and our back four or whatever need to be tighter but we also need to get at them with Edmonson on the right with Worrall on the bench and I might even think of Gibbons on tge left: I’d absolutely settle for a tight game and their fans aren’t that noisy and even a draw and the Vale Park roar take us onto a Wembley final UTV

• Like 2

Have to say seeing DC in the presser he seemed extremely composed and in good spirit. Just seeing that has raised my confidence levels in our chances. Hopefully that filters down to the players too.

If it was up to me I’d be tempted to go for the same lineup as Exeter again. Edmundsons energy up front could be useful in pressing higher up alongside Wilson and Proctor.

• Like 3

Advert:

4 hours ago, mikey said:

Just arrived in Swindon (for a wedding, not the game). Its sunny, warm and very breezy. 

Bet you’ve got a match ticket though.

Advert:

5 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

Right let's talk about the game .
How's Walker is he ready ?
Has the rest done duracell Worrall good .
Noticed Covalan on bench v Exeter hopefully the lad can resume his career we all make mistakes thats part of life .
Team well we do not have go gung-ho it worked v Exeter but I think we need to play better than on that performance take the same result though ,Wilson Proctor and Garrity have enough quality get us a goal at any point during first game I think what cost us v Bristol Rovers and Newport was the fact we were so wanting score goals that we left the back door open so keep it closed .
SVA
UTV

Covalan was on the bench because Holy was released by Ipswich, so he’s gone.

• Like 1