onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: POS1 Swindon Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

17 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

Loved his interview after the game -how is the manager getting the best out of you - he puts me on the pitch 

To be fair, I saw him on the pitch for Vale. Woeful. 

Swindon with deal with his nonsense as long as he's doing the business. Let's see what happens when the goals dry up. Give me Wilson or Proctor any day.

Advert

12 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

How many people on here disagreed with the decision to release him in the summer?  Can't remember anyone.

I don't think many if any disagreed 'cause we hardly saw him play and when he was played for any length of time it was as a left wing back.....against Barrow? When he did come on for a cameo I remember making a comment like  "He's trying too hard" as nothing appeared to go right for him.

I remember seeing him score a peach of a goal in a JPT game with his left foot from outside the box but then no appearance in the 1st team or perhaps even on the bench for the next league game.

What I find baffling is it was two separate managers that didn't give him a run of games, what was going on in training, surely his skill and ability would have shone through on the training pitch.  Perhaps the rumor of him being difficult to manage is true and if so all Kudos to the current Swindon manager but I hope he stubs his big toe in the bathroom tonight.

3 hours ago, Guppys left peg said:

I don’t think we were bad at all. Some bad errors at times certainly such as their first goal but I’ve seen enough to tell me so long as we are all at it from the first minute at VP we can beat this lot.

I think the plan was to keep it tight possibly similar to Exeter. McKirdy's movement is superb and he is well up for it. DC knows that but we did not pay him the attention he deserves, like him or not.

I didn't go to Exeter, but if I'm honest since we won at hartlepool, we do not look the same side. We do not create much, don't get round the back, etc. We are dependent on brilliant pieces of skill from Wilson/ Proctor. We do miss Brad Walker, a fit Dave Worrall would help. Hope I'm wrong and the lads can find some form and win the next two games - give em a shout on Thursday. UTV

32 minutes ago, andy jones said:

Worse of all it's all been so unnecessary if we had shown up v Bristol, Walsall or Newport.

Yes the opposition also wanted to win but the truth Is they wanted it more than us in all those games.

To be fair I think the rigours of a long hard season have caught up with us. I know it’s the same for all sides but the injuries to Proctor and Wilson cost us half a dozen points whilst I suspect Conlon’s absence as also cost us a few. I’m also convinced that had Brad Walker not been injured at Hartlepool we’d now be up.

if we are to miss out I really don’t think it’s due to a lack of effort but is due to a lack of quality. I will console myself with the fact we’ve improved massively on last season and if we continue to improve season on season we will eventually go up.

Let’s hope we can muster two more performances. UTV.

11 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

I don't think many if any disagreed 'cause we hardly saw him play and when he was played for any length of time it was as a left wing back.....against Barrow? When he did come on for a cameo I remember making a comment like  "He's trying too hard" as nothing appeared to go right for him.

I remember seeing him score a peach of a goal in a JPT game with his left foot from outside the box but then no appearance in the 1st team or perhaps even on the bench for the next league game.

What I find baffling is it was two separate managers that didn't give him a run of games, what was going on in training, surely his skill and ability would have shone through on the training pitch.  Perhaps the rumor of him being difficult to manage is true and if so all Kudos to the current Swindon manager but I hope he stubs his big toe in the bathroom tonight.

He could slip on his repeated spittle?

We are shut of Smurf.

We have fantastic owners.

We own our own stadium.

We are not at the wrong end of the table fighting to stay in the football league.

We are a goal down at half time from a potential trip to the new Wembley stadium.

What a great season so far.

That's my glass half full. I don't do half empties! 

2 hours ago, Walka003 said:
2 hours ago, Jacko51 said:
You really are a miserable sod aren't you?

Just a realist really, been down this road too many times with vale.

You tell yourself you’re a realist however I think the word you were searching for is defeatist. You are talking yourself into being the hardest done to Vale fan. The “woe is me” persona isn’t really very attractive you know. 
why don’t you all tell us what you think we can do to win this next game?? Please inspire us.

You tell yourself you’re a realist however I think the word you were searching for is defeatist. You are talking yourself into being the hardest done to Vale fan. The “woe is me” persona isn’t really very attractive you know. 
why don’t you all tell us what you think we can do to win this next game?? Please inspire us.
I think you're over thinking things a little bit. Weve been rubbish for weeks, it's as simple as that. No woe is me, and trust me I hope to god they make me look stupid on Thursday and run riot. But we haven't looked like doing it in a while, since Bristol in fact.

You are allowed to say a performance/a run of games have been rubbish and still be a vale fan .

54 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

Loved his interview after the game -how is the manager getting the best out of you - he puts me on the pitch 

I thought that showed him for the knob he is. He didn’t deserve to be on the pitch at vale. Every time he played he was god awful.

I listened to the first half on RS, heading to Oswestry but then couldn’t get a signal on my phone in getting out of the car. I’ve in the past been critical of Phil Bowers and his commentary but today with Phil Sproson I thoroughly enjoyed it. This is a pairing I’d like to hear more often, so I hope Adam Yates is released.

3 hours ago, Walka003 said:

6 games ago we were flying, in that time we have been in front of the cameras twice and in front of big crowds a few times. And folded.

Very emotional tonight after watching that, and I hope I'm wrong, but I've got little hope for Thursday.

Stay home then and watch emmerdale 

Archived