Match Thread: POS1 Swindon Town v Port Vale

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, WV said:

I’ll let him know you’ve psychologically analysed him from off the tele across the pond. Jesus. 

No, not from the tele . It just showed his antics more clearly on ESPN than it would on iFollow.  He has history , or hadn’t you noticed. So let him know all you want. He may be sitting on your lap if Connor Hall gets near him Thursday. You two can have a nice chat. 

Edited by Houston Valiant
  • Haha 1

Advert:

6 hours ago, jasmart02 said:

I have just watched the game back and to be honest I think my original opinion was coloured by standing in that awful away end getting soaked. We played a lot better and had more of the game than I first thought. Thursday nights up for grabs Swindon have it all to lose.

Why on earth would you watch it back, with all due respect?

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Houston Valiant said:

No, not from the tele . It just showed his antics more clearly on ESPN than it would on iFollow.  He has history , or hadn’t you noticed. So let him know all you want. He may be sitting on your lap if Connor Hall gets near him Thursday. You two can have a nice chat. 

I love armchair clinical psychologists. I know his history on the pitch but have known him off the pitch for about 8 years too. But you were the one who mentioned demons based on ESPN lol. What the <ovf censored> you going on about? 

Edited by WV

1 hour ago, Tony Rodriguez said:

The lack of empathy towards certain individuals on here is quite shocking. Lots of people have issues for various reasons which manifest themselves in different ways. As a result some people behave in a way that is not the way most "normal" people behave.

When I saw "little Jonny" on the Sunderland documentary my reaction was very different.

If everyone behaved in the same way the world would be a very boring place.

When I commented on the documentary,Williams admitted he lacked confidence to the clubs psychologist(I think?) He had my sympathy.

Then I saw him at Vale...running over to the the fans,winding them up. He wasn't Little Jonny lacking confidence then. I'm not sure if it's cos he's in League 2 but he's rolling round every 5 minutes,looking at the ref. Then the next minute he's bombing round again. In his after match interview he says he'll have to avoid challenges...

So which is he? I've made my mind up...I don't like cheats and I stand by my opinion...if him and McTurdy played Sunday morning footie they would be launched over the touchline ay every opportunity.

• Like 1

Football is a tribal game.  People act differently and shout things they wouldn't do in normal daily life.

It's emotional and both exciting and heartbreaking. 

Empathy doesn't come into it. If you can't take it don't give it.

That applies to fans and up their own backside merchants like Williams and Mckirdy. 

I certainly won't be shouting oh spiffing effort Johnny lad good luck at Wembley if they beat us and start giving it the big one .

• Like 3

Advert:

I’ll let him know you’ve psychologically analysed him from off the tele across the pond. Jesus. 
To be honest he doesn't look much different on or off the pitch. He dresses like an 8 year old off the pitch and he's a <ovf censored> on it....I can't imagine him being a wonderful, compassionate human being off the pitch. Hence why he has fallen out with people at every club he has played at.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:

To be honest he doesn't look much different on or off the pitch. He dresses like an 8 year old off the pitch and he's a <ovf censored> on it....I can't imagine him being a wonderful, compassionate human being off the pitch. Hence why he has fallen out with people at every club he has played at.

We judging people on how they dress now? Proper daily mail reader aren’t ya 

Edited by WV
  • Haha 1

We judging people on how they dress now? Proper daily mail reader aren’t ya 
Never read it in my life. Why would you make that assumption? He dresses like an 8 year old and this is reflected in the way he acts. How do you make the leap to Daily Mail reader?

2 hours ago, WV said:

I love armchair clinical psychologists. I know his history on the pitch but have known him off the pitch for about 8 years too. But you were the one who mentioned demons based on ESPN lol. What the <ovf censored> you going on about? 

What HV may be referring to is that on ESPN+ you get multiple cameras around the ground hence many different camera angles and shots including close up shots of players that fill up the screen some of which were of McKirdy's tongue and bulging eyes....lol. On iFollow there tends to be one camera that zooms in and out.

McKirdy is a Maverick type and his persona may well be different on and off the field. When a human is pumped up with adrenaline during a game anything can happen, adrenaline is a funny 'ole molecule. I have no malice towards McKirdy but hope he doesn't turn up on Thursday, wish he was still a vale players.

Advert:

16 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

She is saying that after we didn’t get promotion. 

She said that before we qualified for the playoffs! Couldn't have said it after because we are 2 games away from promotion!

5 hours ago, WV said:

The lack of empathy in general in society is shocking. That’s what a decade of Tory rule will get you. 

• What happened to "Members (but no politics)"?

• Like 1

The worst act of cheating in the first leg was Reed, when Charsley got booked for a high foot he caught him in his gut but went down holding his face!

Williams both times we’ve played them spends most of his time on the floor, I know he’s had injury problems in his career but Jesus Christ.

Swindon have often been a bit like that though, think it was under Flickers actually they came to VP won 1-0 with some real shithousing.

That said many were loving Covolan doing it earlier in the season when we were winning.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tony Rodriguez said:

The lack of empathy towards certain individuals on here is quite shocking. Lots of people have issues for various reasons which manifest themselves in different ways. As a result some people behave in a way that is not the way most "normal" people behave.

When I saw "little Jonny" on the Sunderland documentary my reaction was very different.

If everyone behaved in the same way the world would be a very boring place.

Well said Tony, somebody with a sensible view.

Advert:

19 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Football is a tribal game.  People act differently and shout things they wouldn't do in normal daily life.

It's emotional and both exciting and heartbreaking. 

Empathy doesn't come into it. If you can't take it don't give it.

That applies to fans and up their own backside merchants like Williams and Mckirdy. 

I certainly won't be shouting oh spiffing effort Johnny lad good luck at Wembley if they beat us and start giving it the big one .

You'll have to be on all fours then cos he's usually on the ground