Match Thread: POS1 Swindon Town v Port Vale

1 hour ago, The man in the pub said:

I hope whoever refs us on Thurs watches a replay of this game beforehand, too much playacting by Swindle.  Remember at one point  Williams throwing himself to the ground and getting a free kick, totally embarrassing. Was watching in a pub in Smallthorne and even a Stoke fan called him out.

Not sure I agree... I thought the ref had a decent enough game and was fair from what I could see.

He could (and probably should) have booked Charsley earlier than he did then turned a blind eye to Gibbons leading with his arm and made a sandwich of Williams head with Wlsons back.

Also the first booking was for a Swindon player for trying to delay a throw in !

As an away team in front of 12,000 home fans I think the ref was ok and we couldn't have expected much more.

• Like 2

Advert:

21 minutes ago, Bob Newtonian said:

Not sure I agree... I thought the ref had a decent enough game and was fair from what I could see.

He could (and probably should) have booked Charsley earlier than he did then turned a blind eye to Gibbons leading with his arm and made a sandwich of Williams head with Wlsons back.

Also the first booking was for a Swindon player for trying to delay a throw in !

As an away team in front of 12,000 home fans I think the ref was ok and we couldn't have expected much more.

I agree with you thought the ref wasn’t to bad kept his cards mainly in his pocket did fall for there antics some times but not all the time 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Needs to ask himself why so many previous managers hadn’t done so. 

From what I know of him he seems to have grown up a bit finally and is training harder than ever. A bit like when Pope did a proper pre season that didn’t involve drinking 6 cans every night and smoking outside the sneyd arms. Look what happened to him that year. I find the vitriol for McKirdy petty especially from a fan base who cheered on Lee Hughes and Gary Roberts not that long ago. 

Advert:

4 hours ago, WV said:

From what I know of him he seems to have grown up a bit finally and is training harder than ever. A bit like when Pope did a proper pre season that didn’t involve drinking 6 cans every night and smoking outside the sneyd arms. Look what happened to him that year. I find the vitriol for McKirdy petty especially from a fan base who cheered on Lee Hughes and Gary Roberts not that long ago. 

Grown up a bit?

He's 25,sticks his tongue out all the time,spits all the time too.

In his interview he looked likely a rude little boy at school with a silly smirk on his face. Running away from Connor Hall made him look like the coward he is. This is the player who went in late on Colchesters keeper who got sent off for retaliation.

I don't condone Covolans actions but we were right behind it and McTurdy never looked at the ball,just ran towards Covolan and Lucas fell for it.

One of these games he'll wind someone up and they'll break his legs cos he wears little boys shinpads too.

Not having a go at you but there's 10 year olds with more maturity than him

Grown up a bit?
In his interview he looked likely a rude little boy at school with a silly smirk on his face. Running away from Connor Hall made him look like the coward he is. This is the player who went in late on Colchesters keeper who got sent off for retaliation.
I don't condone Covolans actions but we were right behind it and McTurdy never looked at the ball,just ran towards Covolan and Lucas fell for it.
One of these games he'll wind someone up and they'll break his legs cos he wears little boys shinpads too.

Totally agree. He's clearly got the mental capacity of a 6 year old and when we pulled a goal back, he conceded a free kick and that silly little smirk had turned to a bit of panic.

As I said though, we need to let our football do the talking and then if we win I'll be the first one to give him absolute pelters. I'm sure he wouldn't be sticking his tongue out and doing that silly celebration in that scenario.

Him and Williams were like a pair of little kids when interviewed. There's definitely something amiss with both of them.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:

Totally agree. He's clearly got the mental capacity of a 6 year old and when we pulled a goal back, he conceded a free kick and that silly little smirk had turned to a bit of panic.

As I said though, we need to let our football do the talking and then if we win I'll be the first one to give him absolute pelters. I'm sure he wouldn't be sticking his tongue out and doing that silly celebration in that scenario.

Him and Williams were like a pair of little kids when interviewed. There's definitely something amiss with both of them.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

Little Jonny. Lacks confidence. I've mentioned before about the Sunderland documentary.

Thinks he's singled out in matches because of his size.

Him and McTurdy like a pair of schoolboys. Little Jonny is now 28...

Advert:

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, DazFred said:

Grown up a bit?

I do actually know him though. His on pitch personality is quite different to his off pitch one. 

Still be giving it to him Thursday night though he knows that!

Edited by WV

20 hours ago, Powerline said:

Also think it’s laughable saying Taylor changed the game. He did nothing after coming on. The subs that changed the game were proctor and Benning.

No one has said Taylor changed the game but Taylor did contribute to the improved Vale performance in the 2nd half by being available /wanting/keeping the ball, not treating it like a hot potato and passing it forwards improving the service to the likes of Proctor and Benning. There were two nice runs by Benning down the left from passes by Taylor.

• Like 2

The lack of empathy towards certain individuals on here is quite shocking. Lots of people have issues for various reasons which manifest themselves in different ways. As a result some people behave in a way that is not the way most "normal" people behave.

When I saw "little Jonny" on the Sunderland documentary my reaction was very different.

If everyone behaved in the same way the world would be a very boring place.

• Like 2

No one has said Taylor changed the game but Taylor did contribute to the improved Vale performance in the 2nd half by being available /wanting/keeping the ball, not treating it like a hot potato and passing it forwards improving the service to the likes of Proctor and Benning. There were two nice runs by Benning down the left from passes by Taylor.
I agree I though Taylor was intelligent and good with the ball and we defo finished the game the much better side and I think both of there goals were against the run of play .

Advert:

4 minutes ago, Tony Rodriguez said:

The lack of empathy towards certain individuals on here is quite shocking. Lots of people have issues for various reasons which manifest themselves in different ways. As a result some people behave in a way that is not the way most "normal" people behave.

When I saw "little Jonny" on the Sunderland documentary my reaction was very different.

If everyone behaved in the same way the world would be a very boring place.

The lack of empathy in general in society is shocking. That’s what a decade of Tory rule will get you. 

5 hours ago, WV said:

From what I saw of him yesterday , I don’t think he has grown up at all, and I don’t think he ever will. He did score twice , to be fair , but his whole approach is very childish.For example,  Frank Worthington was a real character in a decade of many, but McKirdy will never be a man like him. Too many demons there , I’d say. 

Just now, Houston Valiant said:

From what I saw of him yesterday , I don’t think he has grown up at all, and I don’t think he ever will. He did score twice , to be fair , but his whole approach is very childish.For example,  Frank Worthington was a real character in a decade of many, but McKirdy will never be a man like him. Too many demons there , I’d say. 

I’ll let him know you’ve psychologically analysed him from off the tele across the pond. Jesus. 

• Like 1