Jump to content

Match Thread: POS1 Swindon Town v Port Vale


Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

That is what happens when you support a lower league team. If you want regular success you know what you have to do but it won’t involve the Vale. 

8 promotions since WW2 roughly every 10 years, so due one this season or next. Of course there are the downsides as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


11 hours ago, JSValiant said:

I feel so sorry for the Owners, wonderful people but they have got to be ruthless now, with the Management and Players,

A sixth season ahead in the bottom division, worst run in the Clubs History.

Come on Carol, we are sick of being Losers.

Admin...can we have a "Completely Puddled" button instead of the "merely confused" one?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Conrad said:

Agree, although if we don’t go up we would all be disappointed, Carol is on record as saying the objective at the start of the season was to finish in the top 7.

Given that we finished 5th it must be classed as a successful season.

She also said, recently, that the "P" word was not Promotion, but Progress - clearly that has happened!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, LancyTony said:

She also said, recently, that the "P" word was not Promotion, but Progress - clearly that has happened!

Even so this was a massive missed opportunity and in football there’s no guarantee we’ll do better next season 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


4 hours ago, LancyTony said:

She also said, recently, that the "P" word was not Promotion, but Progress - clearly that has happened!

She is saying that after we didn’t get promotion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, johnjeffersfanclub said:

To be fair, I saw him on the pitch for Vale. Woeful. 

Swindon with deal with his nonsense as long as he's doing the business. Let's see what happens when the goals dry up. Give me Wilson or Proctor any day.

Totally agree. McKirdy is a prima Donna show pony. He struggles when the going gets tough. Sure he is doing well now, but when the club go off the boil and he has to scrap with them when the form is not there, he will still try to do his own thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We’re 2-1 down , and somewhat fortunate to be in that position . Swindon had two golden chances to put it to bed . I thought that Vale were holding their own 1st half up to the goal. Then , up steps McKirdy to stir things up. 
Why wasn’t there a man on each post for that corner? Vale were coping well though, but if that ball that flew across the 6 yard area had been poked in, that might have been it. But it wasn’t and despite their 2nd , which was lucky enough, after an excellent save by Stone, Vale reacted very well . In the end , we were unlucky ourselves. I thought Proctor’s shot from outside the area was going into the top right corner, but it was left to Wilson  to give us all hope and confidence for Thursday. It will have to be much better though. An early goal and they might crumble, but they’re a good side , and we’ll definitely have to be at it. No excuses. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, geoff1 said:

thurs, 4 at the back gibbo smith martin hall benning 3 in the middle garriety pett taylor upfront wilson edmundson worrall. Subs covolan/ charlesley/ procter/ hussey robertson/jones (if fit)

That's 5 at the back unless your playing one of them in goal lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Houston Valiant said:

We’re 2-1 down , and somewhat fortunate to be in that position . Swindon had two golden chances to put it to bed . I thought that Vale were holding their own 1st half up to the goal. Then , up steps McKirdy to stir things up. 
Why wasn’t there a man on each post for that corner? Vale were coping well though, but if that ball that flew across the 6 yard area had been poked in, that might have been it. But it wasn’t and despite their 2nd , which was lucky enough, after an excellent save by Stone, Vale reacted very well . In the end , we were unlucky ourselves. I thought Proctor’s shot from outside the area was going into the top right corner, but it was left to Wilson  to give us all hope and confidence for Thursday. It will have to be much better though. An early goal and they might crumble, but they’re a good side , and we’ll definitely have to be at it. No excuses. 

Swindon are not the crumbling type. Score too early and we could have another Brizzle on our hands. Keep it tight and don’t give anything away and then turn the heat up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


6 minutes ago, jeffers said:

Swindon are not the crumbling type. Score too early and we could have another Brizzle on our hands. Keep it tight and don’t give anything away and then turn the heat up.

🙂 there is never a time to score too early

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not reading the 35 previous pages so forgive me if I go over old ground. Yesterday we were ok. Not great but nowhere near as bad as some have made out. Swindon's first goal was their first attempt at goal and I think we were obsessed with their big men and forgot about McKirdy. The second was a decent finish but the ball dropped nicely for McKirdy something which didn't really happen for Vale in their attacks. McKirdy never showed this kind of form for Vale nor anyone else before this season and is clearly a self absorbed brat. Even the Swindon fans I spoke to know this and fully expect him to up and leave given half the chance. As Clarke said Vale were sloppy with the ball yesterday but getting the third goal in the tie is huge. I genuinely think that Swindon thought they'd done enough at 2-0. The celebrations went on too long and it took an age to kick off again. Wilson's goal means we don't have to chase the game Thursday. We go into it with the mindset of having to win the game not having to go gung ho from the start. Swindon are a good side but are definitely not unbeatable. I think they are weak at the back and their defence is poor at ball distribution. Press them and they will make a mistake. 

 

Roll on Thursday and as an aside, if I never have to go to Swindon again  it will be a day too soon.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lacked a bit of quality until the changes made.We finished the game far stronger than Swindon and nearly sneaked a draw.Like DC says we just have to win a home game on Thursday.

Come on Vale!!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Smugsy said:

I'm not reading the 35 previous pages so forgive me if I go over old ground. Yesterday we were ok. Not great but nowhere near as bad as some have made out. Swindon's first goal was their first attempt at goal and I think we were obsessed with their big men and forgot about McKirdy. The second was a decent finish but the ball dropped nicely for McKirdy something which didn't really happen for Vale in their attacks. McKirdy never showed this kind of form for Vale nor anyone else before this season and is clearly a self absorbed brat. Even the Swindon fans I spoke to know this and fully expect him to up and leave given half the chance. As Clarke said Vale were sloppy with the ball yesterday but getting the third goal in the tie is huge. I genuinely think that Swindon thought they'd done enough at 2-0. The celebrations went on too long and it took an age to kick off again. Wilson's goal means we don't have to chase the game Thursday. We go into it with the mindset of having to win the game not having to go gung ho from the start. Swindon are a good side but are definitely not unbeatable. I think they are weak at the back and their defence is poor at ball distribution. Press them and they will make a mistake. 

 

Roll on Thursday and as an aside, if I never have to go to Swindon again  it will be a day too soon.

One of the worst away days I’ve experienced no roof piss wet through no alcohol queue a mile long for food 40 mins before kick off pubs wouldn’t let any vale fans in and portaloo toilets would never go there agen 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, ginginator said:

🙂 there is never a time to score too early

Exactly.  Never got this argument. 

Didn't harm us against Stevenage and Sutton and Didn't harm Newport a couple of weeks ago. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


12 hours ago, Coyney Valiant said:

Loved his interview after the game -how is the manager getting the best out of you - he puts me on the pitch 

Needs to ask himself why so many previous managers hadn’t done so. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is stating the obvious but Swindon fans are a very strange bunch. The amount of complaints regarding the officiating is frankly bizarre. They say that he favoured Vale and gave them nothing. Was I at another game?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    Admin don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking. Please report posts and we'll act on ASAP. If you're logged in use the orange report post button. If you're not logged in, please use the contact form

    If you can't get on with another user you can "ignore" them. Follow the link, type in their username and save - Click here

    Check with admin if you wish to sell/auction any items. We're happy to support good causes but check first - Contact us here

  • Friends of OVF




×
×
  • Create New...