Match Thread: POS1 Swindon Town v Port Vale

You tell yourself you’re a realist however I think the word you were searching for is defeatist. You are talking yourself into being the hardest done to Vale fan. The “woe is me” persona isn’t really very attractive you know. 
why don’t you all tell us what you think we can do to win this next game?? Please inspire us.
I think you're over thinking things a little bit. Weve been rubbish for weeks, it's as simple as that. No woe is me, and trust me I hope to god they make me look stupid on Thursday and run riot. But we haven't looked like doing it in a while, since Bristol in fact.

You are allowed to say a performance/a run of games have been rubbish and still be a vale fan .

Advert:

54 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

Loved his interview after the game -how is the manager getting the best out of you - he puts me on the pitch 

I thought that showed him for the knob he is. He didn’t deserve to be on the pitch at vale. Every time he played he was god awful.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I listened to the first half on RS, heading to Oswestry but then couldn’t get a signal on my phone in getting out of the car. I’ve in the past been critical of Phil Bowers and his commentary but today with Phil Sproson I thoroughly enjoyed it. This is a pairing I’d like to hear more often, so I hope Adam Yates is released.

I can’t really get my head around how we played today. I don’t think we played at all well, yet we weren’t as bad as a lot of people have been saying.

At the end of the day we’re still alive. 

• Like 4

Advert:

3 hours ago, Walka003 said:

6 games ago we were flying, in that time we have been in front of the cameras twice and in front of big crowds a few times. And folded.

Very emotional tonight after watching that, and I hope I'm wrong, but I've got little hope for Thursday.

Stay home then and watch emmerdale 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Walka003 said:
3 minutes ago, valeblue said:
Stay home then and watch emmerdale 

You are allowed to be unhappy with a performance, or a rubbish run of games. Or have I miss understood the purpose of forum!

Sounds like your unhappy all of the time , go watch Liverpool or Cithee who win most of the time !!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

No problem SL, you just have a different view than I.

A match fit Jake Taylor is good enough, he has already shown that in a Vale shirt in the 2019/20 season and the times when he's been on the pitch this season. He just needs game time to get match fit. A player doesn't "lose" ability at his age just match fitness and perhaps a tad of confidence. 

The answer to your question is no I'm not.

I didn't know it was not the done thing to admire and back a Vale player but I do admire skill, vision and a range of passing ability in a midfield player much more than running and ratting although a balance is required but the Vale at the moment have far too much of the latter and insufficient of the former.

Thanks

I do agree about the football quality in the squad, it is below other teams and we must sign better quality especially wing backs and midfield.

I still say that Cass and Jones were the sole reason for our early season success. Their pushing forward from the back drove our midfield and wide players forward, something they lack in my opinion and i believe we are now seeing that.

Sounds like your unhappy all of the time , go watch Liverpool or Cithee who win most of the time !!
Go back through most match day threads. You'll find I'm pretty happy most of the time.

Did you enjoy todays performance, or the Newport game, or Walsall, or Bristol?

Advert:

1 hour ago, ValeFanInBrum said:

He needs to admit defeat with that attempted comb-over and shave the lot off

Would like to cut his tongue off at the root!

• Like 1

Go back through most match day threads. You'll find I'm pretty happy most of the time.

Did you enjoy todays performance, or the Newport game, or Walsall, or Bristol?

Stay home Thursday save your money if we haven’t got a chance , and the ground doesn’t need your negativity 

• Like 2

I can’t really get my head around how we played today. I don’t think we played at all well, yet we weren’t as bad as a lot of people have been saying.
At the end of the day we’re still alive. 
I thought we played very well second half ,first half we too nervous .
We had as many goal attempts as them and one per cent more possession.
The manner of the goals given away was poor but overall that game could have ended 3-3 .
We still in it its half time and we are capable of so much more .
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, valeblue said:
Stay home Thursday save your money if we haven’t got a chance , and the ground doesn’t need your negativity 

Answer the question.

Stay home 

Advert: