Match Thread: POS1 Swindon Town v Port Vale

2 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

We don't carry Taylor, he competes, covers, shadows and defends as much as any other midfield player, what do you watch.

If you didn't see that Vale played better 2nd half and that's not totally down to Taylor but at least Taylor bought some shape, pattern and passing ability to the team.

DC just said, "We've gotta be better on the ball", damn right so play Jake Taylor.

Sorry Paul 6754

I have to ask. Are you Jake Taylors relation ? All i have seen all season is your admiration and backing of Taylor. 

He is not the answer. He is not good enough

• Like 1

Advert:

27 minutes ago, philmpv said:

I may be way off the mark here, but maybe Carol is in a better position to judge her finances and what she can afford? If only she were a successful business woman.....

Nobody is saying she isn’t a successful Business woman, she would be even More Successful if and When Vale get to League 1

2 hours ago, PV1973 said:

Of course the goals deserved. We created it and took the chance. Don’t know why fans are so negative and down on things when we do something decent. 

Nah to be fair we put some pressure on and got a reward. Also I’ve put underserved, whatever that means lol.

1 hour ago, ValeForever. said:

He's injured. He would be starting if he was 100% fit. He's been playing through injury for weeks.

I know... ?

Advert:

25 minutes ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

Can we stick with a back 3 ???

No, with the players we have !!!

Smith cannot play on the right. He is awful with the ball. martin is the poor choice for me in the centre. Too many mistakes and not strong enough. It has to be Smith in the centre.

Who can play on the  right. Cannot be Gibbons, the obvious choice, because he is a poor defender at crosses. Not tall enough. Cass did it and Cass also far better as a footballer than Gibbons. No one else to play there.

So drop the  3 5 2 and go 4 4 2, besides Worrall is finished as a wide player and must be replaced if we are to create and score goals.

Has to be Gibbons  Smith  Hall  Benning.  Then we need to sort a midfield that can create and done tell me Taylor. Taylor is another to be left out.

Anyone advocating a change in formation didn't watch Colchester away.

31 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

We just have to see this as being 2-1 down at half time with a massive half to come now at VP

Get the first goal and it really could be anybodys,i thought they were the better team by a mile footballing wise BUT we showed that their defence can be shaky when got at and thats what we need to do Thursday now,i do think today showed what a miss Conlon and Walker are in the middle and how we lack pace all over really. I hope we push Garrity further forward,he was far more affective when Charlsley went off.

One question,is it the same ref for the second leg?

To be honest I thought the ref was ok. He let a lot go for us. Mad challenge by Gibbo that looked high when the ball was going out, could have booked Charsley much earlier. Williams going down very single time made everything look worse. Booked their striker for messing with the ball which I applaud. 

WHat it comes down to now is beating a team that finished below us in the table at home. Simple and straightforward, we should be able to do that.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

I am keeping it to football matters and your post 

I feel so sorry for the Owners, wonderful people but they have got to be ruthless now, with the Management and Players,

was pathetic.

Jesus Chris - you watched a different match than me m8. 

There is no way I'd call that performance pathetic. Swindon are a good side and in the play offs because they deserve to be. 

On the day they just edged it. I'm confident we'll best then at Vale Park. 

If you don't want to support DC and the lads then there's a place down the D-road that will welcome you, I'm sure. 

Good lord 

• Like 5

Advert:

Just now, Osh said:

Jesus Chris - you watched a different match than me m8. 

There is no way I'd call that performance pathetic. Swindon are a good side and in the play offs because they deserve to be. 

On the day they just edged it. I'm confident we'll best then at Vale Park. 

If you don't want to support DC and the lads then there's a place down the D-road that will welcome you, I'm sure. 

Good lord

'eh? The quote isn't mine.

Posted (edited)

thurs, 4 at the back gibbo smith martin hall benning 3 in the middle garriety pett taylor upfront wilson edmundson worrall. Subs covolan/ charlesley/ procter/ hussey robertson/jones (if fit)

Edited by geoff1
  • Like 1

He only came here because nobody else would take him on and it was close to family for him,Askey didn't want him(thats why he was a late signing) and all that is FACT,also a massive stoke fan(thats not the problem as we have had them at the club) who openly admits he hates the Vale and as you say he DID say he would never be seen in a Vale shirt(well until nobody wanted him),when picked he couldn't be arsed so for me he could of stayed here for 3 years but he would never be a 20 goal forward for us simply because he didn't want to be.
No doubting his talent,showed it at Carlise and Swindon but would NEVER do so for us,a massive knob 
Came here through Golf club connections.

7 minutes ago, geoff1 said:

thurs, 4 at the back gibbo smith martin hall benning 3 in the middle garriety pett taylor upfront wilson edmundson worrall. Subs covolan/ charlesley/ procter/ hussey robertson/jones (if fit)

thats brave with no goalie 🙂

Advert:

We can defo do it. One thing I just don't understand, though, is why we seem so reluctant to play that 3412 with Wilson in the hole in the continued absence of both TC and BW. Our best performance of the season, IMHO, came when we played that way at Carlisle, yet I don't think we've started with it since (though have tried it late on in games). Wilson can give us, in that role, the creativity we've been sorely lacking

• Like 2

The sky commentators did say we were on top until they scored their first. Overall it was a fairly grim watch. We just seem to have lost any fluency to our play and Sky Sports viewers just watching our two televised games will wonder how on earth we got into the playoffs.