Match Thread: POS1 Swindon Town v Port Vale

Advert:

2 minutes ago, philmpv said:

13 shots to their 13, more possession. Wasn't the diabolical performance the usual on here are claiming. I quite enjoyed it personally. Yes, too many players off their A-game, but we more than matched them in any event.

You were watching a different game to the rest of us then. Apart from the last 10 mins we never had control of the game.

• Like 2

Have you been this season? He's scary. Nearly let them in second half by miscontrolling as he often does.
Smith on the ball scares me a hell of a lot more.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Advert:

1 minute ago, Biddulph_PV said:

You were watching a different game to the rest of us then. Apart from the last 10 mins we never had control of the game.

Were you expecting us to control the game away at Swindon who play possession football? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, saintvaliant said:

Very poor performance. I’ve said it for weeks but the system is holding us back.

Still got a chance but will need to be way better on Thursday.

This system requires Vale to keep possession of the ball and wait for support. We haven’t got the passing quality to hold the ball, so we never get that whole team movement up the pitch. Swindon get bodies forward quickly. 

• Like 1

I didn’t like Clarkes team today. His subs were much better and Benning and Proctor offered something different. He needs to find a way to get Worrall higher up the pitch as he’s just a passenger otherwise.
We look very immobile and slow. No pace in the team at all.
Note sure why McKirdy gets so much grief from us. He’s a good player at this level and we didn’t exactly utilise him when he was here. 

Advert:

Strong second half performance.

Could have drawn if Wilson's header had gone on.

Swindle scored their second at the right time for them. We're still in it.

They have two of the most irritating mardarses in football.

Little Jonny...10 passes,57 dives and roll overs 

Harry McTurdy...2 goals,3453 spits....what a horrible habit.

We have to start quicker on Thursday. Thought we limited them 2nd half.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, philmpv said:

I actually think that losing the first leg by one goal could be the best result. As away goals don't count, they have absolutely no reason to come at us in the second leg. Yes, they may surprise us in that regard, but I'm hopeful.

It might work in our favour will be I interesting to see how swindon set up, will they try to defend the lead I dont think so I dont think they can to many offensive players in there team which might enable us to get the goals. We do tend to struggle against teams who sit in swindon dont but we just need make sure we dont get beat on the break.

3 minutes ago, Doha said:

Have you been this season? He's scary. Nearly let them in second half by miscontrolling as he often does.

Been excellent for ages. Was great today don’t get why people slate him. Was better than hall today but nobody mentions him? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WV said:

Were you expecting us to control the game away at Swindon who play possession football? 

Well, we are supposed to be one of the best, if not the best, team in the League (according to some on here). 

And let’s face it, they controlled the vast majority of the game at Vale, so why not?

Advert:

2 minutes ago, philmpv said:
3 minutes ago, Doha said:

Smith on the ball scares me a hell of a lot more

Smith will never be the ball playing RCB they are trying to make him. He isn't that kind of player. He's a rough and tumble centre half and no more, he will never be Maldini.

He spooned the ball out for the corner, poor. It was Gibbo who lost HM for the goal. Awful goal all round from our point of view.

Martin gives me anxiety 9 times out of 10 the ball goes near him, either because it bounces or because he takes a heavy touch and gets into trouble.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Clayts said:

Shut up you massive bell. We were close to automatic promotion for the first time in 9 years, if you want to look at trend, it's massively upwards, we're really not far off.

Anyway, Swindon better side first half, we shaded second, one of those games where 1½-1 would have been about the right result.

All to play for on Thursday. UTV!

Thanks for your lovely comment.  
Nobody says we aren’t but at the moment we are still in League 2 and that’s what hurts, after all those Great Years under John Rudge ! 
Come on, we all want the Best for Port Vale and at least be an established League 1 side.

Still in it and that’s all we can ask for. Thought only a handful of players looked to be up for it wanting the ball and trying to drive us on, hall, gibbo, Garrity, Wilson. Disappointed by our right hand side in Worrall, thought he hardly drove us forward at all.

Was Charsley injured?