Match Thread: POS1 Swindon Town v Port Vale

I know!

O well...I'd have settled for the POs before yesterday 

Exeter lost 2 at home prior to yesterday 

Hopefully Darrell Clarkes return can get a bit extra out of the players

Advert:

5 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

A very very sensible approach to yesterday's game from Vale and it turned out excellently .
Now for the two biggest games of most of our players lives .
Do not worry or think about the opposition just do your jobs stay with your players do everything you did yesterday but more so .
Hope Walker and Conlon are in contention ,this is not the season now this is the extra season so hopefully those lads will be ready feature I am sure Conlon cannot be far away he as being out since Swindon at home so I can see a return for him at some point maybe just come on 90th tie locked at 2 -2 Garrity fouled outside the area sub on Conlon takes whips it into the top corner the ref blows the whistle and Vale are going to Wembley .
Walkers a great player hope he is recovering quickly also he as the ability put the kind of ball the Tottenham player did to sessogne or whatever is name is .
Embrace it Vale you have earnt it .
Swindons a good team but so are we after all we finished one point above them .
Nothing to fear only fear itself
UTV

Conlon is nowhere near being available, I’m not sure about Walker as there’s been few leaks about his condition. Hamstrings very much depend on their severity but can be anywhere from 1 month to 4 months. Brad did his on April 15th so I’ll let you do the maths.

1 hour ago, DazFred said:

I considered this a real weapon but the only time we looked like scoring was when 1 hit Wilson on the foot and went wide versus Bristol

Please leave Jones out of the  team, he is a liability in defence in my opinion but generally our throw ins are awful as no o seems to want the ball but I will behind tge team whoever plays

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, vale victory said:

How come Charsley was missing from the squad yesterday ???? Anyone know ???

I can only assume it was tactical although he was poor against Walsall and Newport. That said so were many others. 🙄

Edited by soothsayer

Advert:

15 minutes ago, soothsayer said:

I can only assume it was tactical although he was poor against Walsall and Newport. That said so were May others. 🙄

He was injured

• Like 1

Conlon is nowhere near being available, I’m not sure about Walker as there’s been few leaks about his condition. Hamstrings very much depend on their severity but can be anywhere from 1 month to 4 months. Brad did his on April 15th so I’ll let you do the maths.
Have no idea if available I'm saying I'm hoping he is available there's a difference .
As for Conlon no idea about him either what's his condition?
Bring it on SVA got a big job do down there then for the home crowd needs to get behind the team like they can do but for some reason seem incapable of maintaining the vocal support required for duration of all game on Br and Newport showing .
Step up
UTV you want Wembley the next 180 performances off the pitch just as vital as on the pitch

1 hour ago, Breadwinner said:

Have no idea if available I'm saying I'm hoping he is available there's a difference .
Bring it on SVA got a big job do down there then for the home crowd needs to get behind the team like they can do but for some reason seem incapable of maintaining the vocal support required for duration of all game on Br and Newport showing .
Step up
UTV you want Wembley the next 180 performances off the pitch just as vital as on the pitch

Conlon will do well be back for pre season. I saw him last week and he was still walking with a limp and believe is a fair bit off coming back

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Raveninblack said:

Please leave Jones out of the  team, he is a liability in defence in my opinion but generally our throw ins are awful as no o seems to want the ball but I will behind tge team whoever plays

Coming back from Torquay yesterday a friend in the car put Wrexham v Stockport on his phone. Tozer again has 11 assists just from his long throw ins .

I barely recall a chance from ours, and we certainly haven't scored. 

4 hours ago, sandyford_valiant said:

Conlon will do well be back for pre season. I saw him last week and he was still walking with a limp and believe is a fair bit off coming back

Conlon and Walker came onto the pitch at the end on Saturday. Both looked fine , however Conlon himself has said it'll be September.

Walker could possibly be a Pett situation where he is almost ready after a month out. 

As Soothsayer already said he did it Good Friday, so this Sunday would be 30 days since the injury. Maybe a chance to be on the bench, the injury news this season has been very low key.

Also the vanishing Cooper, is he even still at the club ? 

Advert:

2 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Coming back from Torquay yesterday a friend in the car put Wrexham v Stockport on his phone. Tozer again has 11 assists just from his long throw ins .

I barely recall a chance from ours, and we certainly haven't scored. 

Correct, I can’t remember coming close to scoring from one of our long throws.  That said it is a useful tool and allows a team to keep pressure on the opposition.

First and foremost Jones needs to be in the team on merit rather than purely for his long throw.

9 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

Step up

Conlon has a torn achilles heel problem. Depends on the severity of the tear but it can keep some players out a full season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

We've just stopped the best / second best team in the league winning the league away from home. I think we're favourites over 2 legs. We tend to bounce back in style after a poor run, and Exeter was the start of that. 

Edited by 1
  • Like 7

Advert:

Watched Quest this morning Danny Cowley Vale the other two blokes Vale .
No pressure .
One things for sure the four sides in the play offs have all had good seasons .
It s whether we can make it great .
In fairness Swindon look very quick and sharp but we even though didn't flow the quality of our goal was absolutely phenomenal and considering we were playing the most in form team in the league and limited them too little (only saw second half )then we can go into any game now in my opinion believing we can win .
Ryan Edmondson has in all the games ive seen a terrific acquisition,and we know what Kian Harratt can do as he as done already v Swindon with a fine finish and his cameo v Mansfield was superb .
Got the feeling that JW and JP were getting there games back to where they need be if anything second half v Exeter if JW passed it instead of shooting back to JP he would have had a assist as JP was bearing down on goal in a much better position.
Taylor came on and did very well I thought he passed it intelligently and did his job well I feel he has a pass in him unlock Swindon when entering the fray at some point also .
Martin was like a man possessed blocking shots throwing himself at everything ,what a fantastic professional along with Smith and Hall they were as a one organised and resolute .
We can beat these for sure
UTV

• Like 3

Also when the Vale fans say put him in row Z it doesn't mean get sent off do it legally .
I'm.sure DC has a game plan for them .
Pett another week fitter as is Gibbons come Sunday.
I think we have done the right thing with Wozza giving him a breather and James Wilsons scored a great goal ,do him the world of good that and Jamie Proctor after a bit of a dip was great along with Garrity in both areas v Exeter .
Going queue up get tickets with me nephew going go at 6a.m I'm thinking hopefully it isn't humongous by then might even get myself one but I'm working all weekend nights so bit of a problem really but I might just get one anyway in case I can go
The beauty of a season ticket UTV

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

Correct, I can’t remember coming close to scoring from one of our long throws.  That said it is a useful tool and allows a team to keep pressure on the opposition.

First and foremost Jones needs to be in the team on merit rather than purely for his long throw. 

I remember one of Jones's throws at Forest Green this season when we beat them, he launched one  down the touchline like an exocet missile to Garrity who latched onto it cut inside and should have scored but the keeper saved it.

Edited by barny61
Misplaced text