onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: POS1 Swindon Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

We lose enough football games over a season but the smugness of Swindon has amazed me.
The interviews and comments from players and manager ought to be pinned on our dressing room wall as motivation. 
Never known such an entitled bunch. They actually think they are massive. 
I agree. There was a real air of arrogance from the manager down to the players and supporters that didn't sit well with me. They talked like their away record means that Thursday is a foregone conclusion.

Records mean nothing and having a better away record means nothing. We need to start how we did against Rochdale at home or FGR....I don't think they'll like it up them.

Clarke's interview intimated that he'd had a go at them, whereas Swindon will have had pats on the back and high fives, which will hopefully give us the impetus and drive.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

Advert

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

Indeed he was , completely turned a blind eye to diving and play acting by My little pony and Conroy. 

And also allowed Williams to chew his ear off repeatedly. 

Very lenient. 

I hope whoever refs us on Thurs watches a replay of this game beforehand, too much playacting by Swindle.  Remember at one point  Williams throwing himself to the ground and getting a free kick, totally embarrassing. Was watching in a pub in Smallthorne and even a Stoke fan called him out.

35 minutes ago, The man in the pub said:

I hope whoever refs us on Thurs watches a replay of this game beforehand, too much playacting by Swindle.  Remember at one point  Williams throwing himself to the ground and getting a free kick, totally embarrassing. Was watching in a pub in Smallthorne and even a Stoke fan called him out.

I’ve seen tge interview with their manager and he so fancies himself as something he isn’t and moans about us being dirty which clearly transmits to their players: at one point I thought Connor Hall was going to land one on Mcsquirty but he doesn’t appreciate the at Vale Park on Thursday, so let’s ramp it up even more as that late goal gives us a lifeline but we need to improve our intensity, press higher up the pitch and less room to their arrogance?

2 hours ago, connor hackett said:
2 hours ago, darren1810 said:
We lose enough football games over a season but the smugness of Swindon has amazed me.
The interviews and comments from players and manager ought to be pinned on our dressing room wall as motivation. 
Never known such an entitled bunch. They actually think they are massive. 

Some fans already booking hotel rooms for a Wembley weekend.

Why would Swindon fans want to see Vale v Northampton?

1 hour ago, The man in the pub said:

It’s hard enough to get them to watch the game they’re reffing, let alone anything beforehand.

I have just watched the game back and to be honest I think my original opinion was coloured by standing in that awful away end getting soaked. We played a lot better and had more of the game than I first thought. Thursday nights up for grabs Swindon have it all to lose.

1 hour ago, The man in the pub said:

Not sure I agree... I thought the ref had a decent enough game and was fair from what I could see.

He could (and probably should) have booked Charsley earlier than he did then turned a blind eye to Gibbons leading with his arm and made a sandwich of Williams head with Wlsons back.

Also the first booking was for a Swindon player for trying to delay a throw in !

As an away team in front of 12,000 home fans I think the ref was ok and we couldn't have expected much more.

21 minutes ago, Bob Newtonian said:

Not sure I agree... I thought the ref had a decent enough game and was fair from what I could see.

He could (and probably should) have booked Charsley earlier than he did then turned a blind eye to Gibbons leading with his arm and made a sandwich of Williams head with Wlsons back.

Also the first booking was for a Swindon player for trying to delay a throw in !

As an away team in front of 12,000 home fans I think the ref was ok and we couldn't have expected much more.

I agree with you thought the ref wasn’t to bad kept his cards mainly in his pocket did fall for there antics some times but not all the time 

4 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Needs to ask himself why so many previous managers hadn’t done so. 

From what I know of him he seems to have grown up a bit finally and is training harder than ever. A bit like when Pope did a proper pre season that didn’t involve drinking 6 cans every night and smoking outside the sneyd arms. Look what happened to him that year. I find the vitriol for McKirdy petty especially from a fan base who cheered on Lee Hughes and Gary Roberts not that long ago. 

4 hours ago, WV said:

From what I know of him he seems to have grown up a bit finally and is training harder than ever. A bit like when Pope did a proper pre season that didn’t involve drinking 6 cans every night and smoking outside the sneyd arms. Look what happened to him that year. I find the vitriol for McKirdy petty especially from a fan base who cheered on Lee Hughes and Gary Roberts not that long ago. 

Grown up a bit?

He's 25,sticks his tongue out all the time,spits all the time too.

In his interview he looked likely a rude little boy at school with a silly smirk on his face. Running away from Connor Hall made him look like the coward he is. This is the player who went in late on Colchesters keeper who got sent off for retaliation.

I don't condone Covolans actions but we were right behind it and McTurdy never looked at the ball,just ran towards Covolan and Lucas fell for it.

One of these games he'll wind someone up and they'll break his legs cos he wears little boys shinpads too.

Not having a go at you but there's 10 year olds with more maturity than him

Grown up a bit?
He's 25,sticks his tongue out all the time,spits all the time too.
In his interview he looked likely a rude little boy at school with a silly smirk on his face. Running away from Connor Hall made him look like the coward he is. This is the player who went in late on Colchesters keeper who got sent off for retaliation.
I don't condone Covolans actions but we were right behind it and McTurdy never looked at the ball,just ran towards Covolan and Lucas fell for it.
One of these games he'll wind someone up and they'll break his legs cos he wears little boys shinpads too.
Not having a go at you but there's 10 year olds with more maturity than him

Totally agree. He's clearly got the mental capacity of a 6 year old and when we pulled a goal back, he conceded a free kick and that silly little smirk had turned to a bit of panic.

As I said though, we need to let our football do the talking and then if we win I'll be the first one to give him absolute pelters. I'm sure he wouldn't be sticking his tongue out and doing that silly celebration in that scenario.

Him and Williams were like a pair of little kids when interviewed. There's definitely something amiss with both of them.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

Archived