onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: POS1 Swindon Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

1 minute ago, TreacleValiant said:

Mckirdy is a class above in league 2 when he fancies it. DC’s biggest mistake so far as Vale’s Manager has been not getting the best out of him and letting him go. If we had kept Mckirdy this season we would have gone up automatically. That’s the reality. I still fancy us to beat Swindon in the second leg. UTV.

in reality he wouldn't have got double figures... hes just found a  niche where he is happy and having a stand out season just like popey did for us under adams what seems like many years ago.

Mckirdy is playing well and good luck to him... but this really is an exception to the rule where he is concerned.... if Swindon do go hope watch for him to be out of the team by the end of the season and return to League 2.

1 hour ago, connor hackett said:
1 hour ago, Fosse69 said:
Did we have the Hamil end?

I hope the Hamil actually makes a difference to the atmosphere, I disagree with most of the negativity on here, the one thing I do agree with is the atmosphere at VP. Starts off well, then decends into chuntering and groaning if we aren't winning. We need to create a 90 minute wall of noise, not just sing when we're winning.

I say that most home games. If we score we start singing.

What happened to the Darrell Clarkes black and white army that we sang against Sutton? We need that to get going again. And I'm not idiotic enough to suggest that all we need to do to win,but it should transcend to the team. I want us to just give of us all for 90 minutes,on and off the pitch

No problem SL, you just have a different view than I.
A match fit Jake Taylor is good enough, he has already shown that in a Vale shirt in the 2019/20 season and the times when he's been on the pitch this season. He just needs game time to get match fit. A player doesn't "lose" ability at his age just match fitness and perhaps a tad of confidence. 
The answer to your question is no I'm not.
I didn't know it was not the done thing to admire and back a Vale player but I do admire skill, vision and a range of passing ability in a midfield player much more than running and ratting although a balance is required but the Vale at the moment have far too much of the latter and insufficient of the former.

I agree. Today he made a big difference and actually retained the ball and made it work for us. DC said that we are a better team when we are passing the ball and retaining possession. If that is the case, which it clearly is, wanted Jake in the team.

Taylor is good for the Vale when we need a goal, if we are defending a lead he isn’t. 
I think he struggles with the pressing game needed against better teams. He's looks brilliant against bad teams that give us time on the ball, cause he's good technically.

Having been to the game today the observations I would make are:

1. Swindon deserved the win and McKirdy’s finishing was the difference between the sides. 

2. Their first goal was really poor marking but their second was a fine finish.

3. They were really rocking at the end and panicking, kicking the ball any where.

4. To have more possession than Swindon on their patch was an unexpected surprise. It was a shame however we didn’t do more with it.

5. I thought they ran out of steam halfway through the second half so bearing this in mind we must be patient on Thursday. Keep it tight and chances will come but we must deal with McKirdy better in the second leg.

6. We really missed our two most creative midfielders today - Conlon and Walker. I’m not sure we can win the playoffs without them.

7. Really disappointing that we didn’t even come close to selling out our away allocation for such a big game.

8. The fans who went were pretty quiet throughout. I know this wasn’t helped by the weather, the performance and the surroundings but still disappointing hopefully we can all make more noise on Thursday.

9. The EFL should make it a condition of membership that away fans have the same viewing conditions as home fans. The Swindon away end is a disgrace and I thought those conditions had been left behind in the 70/80’s. 

10. It’s still possible to progress but we’ll need to neutralise the threat of McKirdy far more, be far better in possession and hold the ball up far more in the final third.

Finally if we we fail to win the playoffs, I still think it’s been a season of progress and the club is moving in the right direction. UTV.

1 minute ago, soothsayer said:

Having been to the game today the observations I would make are:

1. Swindon deserved the win and McKirdy’s finishing was the difference between the sides. 

2. Their first goal was really poor marking but their second was a fine finish.

3. They were really rocking at the end and panicking, kicking the ball any where.

4. To have more possession than Swindon on their patch was an unexpected surprise. It was a shame however we didn’t do more with it.

5. I thought they ran out of steam halfway through the second half so bearing this in mind we must be patient on Thursday. Keep it tight and chances will come but we must deal with McKirdy better in the second leg.

6. We really missed our two most creative midfielders today - Conlon and Walker. I’m not sure we can win the playoffs without them.

7. Really disappointing that we didn’t even come close to selling out our away allocation for such a big game.

8. The fans who went were pretty quiet throughout. I know this wasn’t helped by the weather, the performance and the surroundings but still disappointing hopefully we can all make more noise on Thursday.

9. The EFL should make it a condition of membership that away fans have the same viewing conditions as home fans. The Swindon away end is a disgrace and I thought those conditions had been left behind in the 70/80’s. 

10. It’s still possible to progress but we’ll need to neutralise the threat of McKirdy far more, be far better in possession and hold the ball up far more in the final third.

Finally if we we fail to win the playoffs, I still think it’s been a season of progress and the club is moving in the right direction. UTV.

Agree, although if we don’t go up we would all be disappointed, Carol is on record as saying the objective at the start of the season was to finish in the top 7.

Given that we finished 5th it must be classed as a successful season.

We signed McKirdy near the end of the window on Rudge's recommendation according to some on OVF

Both Askey and Clarke failed to get a game out of him.

Swindon have.

What's worse is knowing the class act Swindon have made him we have totally and utterly failed to come up with tactics to stop him.

I don't care what his personality off the pitch may or may not be. All I know is he is a class act who came with a reputation for 'issues' that did not fit into Askey and Clarke's plans.

Rudge brought Vale our finest hours by signing off the field 'problems' who were class on the pitch.

On Thursday we need to do an Italian job on him.

But we won't, and Harry McKirdy will probably be leading The celebrations in front of the Bycars.

Worse of all it's all been so unnecessary if we had shown up v Bristol, Walsall or Newport.

Yes the opposition also wanted to win but the truth Is they wanted it more than us in all those games.

52 minutes ago, TreacleValiant said:

Mckirdy is a class above in league 2 when he fancies it. DC’s biggest mistake so far as Vale’s Manager has been not getting the best out of him and letting him go. If we had kept Mckirdy this season we would have gone up automatically. That’s the reality. I still fancy us to beat Swindon in the second leg. UTV.

How many people on here disagreed with the decision to release him in the summer?  Can't remember anyone.

9 minutes ago, andy jones said:

We signed McKirdy near the end of the window on Rudge's recommendation according to some on OVF

Both Askey and Clarke failed to get a game out of him.

Swindon have.

What's worse is knowing the class act Swindon have made him we have totally and utterly failed to come up with tactics to stop him.

I don't care what his personality off the pitch may or may not be. All I know is he is a class act who came with a reputation for 'issues' that did not fit into Askey and Clarke's plans.

Rudge brought Vale our finest hours by signing off the field 'problems' who were class on the pitch.

On Thursday we need to do an Italian job on him.

But we won't, and Harry McKirdy will probably be leading The celebrations in front of the Bycars.

Worse of all it's all been so unnecessary if we had shown up v Bristol, Walsall or Newport.

Yes the opposition also wanted to win but the truth Is they wanted it more than us in all those games.

Loved his interview after the game -how is the manager getting the best out of you - he puts me on the pitch 

Archived