onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: POS1 Swindon Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

7 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

6 games ago we were flying, in that time we have been in front of the cameras twice and in front of big crowds a few times. And folded.

Very emotional tonight after watching that, and I hope I'm wrong, but I've got little hope for Thursday.

You really are a miserable sod aren't you?

19 minutes ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

Sorry Paul 6754

I have to ask. Are you Jake Taylors relation ? All i have seen all season is your admiration and backing of Taylor. 

He is not the answer. He is not good enough

No problem SL, you just have a different view than I.

A match fit Jake Taylor is good enough, he has already shown that in a Vale shirt in the 2019/20 season and the times when he's been on the pitch this season. He just needs game time to get match fit. A player doesn't "lose" ability at his age just match fitness and perhaps a tad of confidence. 

The answer to your question is no I'm not.

I didn't know it was not the done thing to admire and back a Vale player but I do admire skill, vision and a range of passing ability in a midfield player much more than running and ratting although a balance is required but the Vale at the moment have far too much of the latter and insufficient of the former.

1 minute ago, Paul6754 said:

No problem SL, you just have a different view than I.

A match fit Jake Taylor is good enough, he has already shown that in a Vale shirt in the 2019/20 season and the times when he's been on the pitch this season. He just needs game time to get match fit. A player doesn't "lose" ability at his age just match fitness and perhaps a tad of confidence. 

The answer to your question is no I'm not.

I didn't know it was not the done thing to admire and back a Vale player but I do admire skill, vision and a range of passing ability in a midfield player much more than running and ratting although a balance is required but the Vale at the moment have far too much of the latter and insufficient of the former.

Yeh I agree with your comment about our midfield without Conlon.

I am disappointed with today but one thing you can’t say about these players is they don’t give 100% effort wise.

I think we are due a change of fortune somehow, somewhere, and maybe Thursday will be the occasion.

UTV

33 minutes ago, WV said:

5 out of 6? 

6 games ago we beat Hartlepool. 

since then we have played two teams that have gone up automatically, the highest scoring team in the league away and a team we never beat who wanted to beat us for their cup final and for taking their gaffer off them. To say we bottled it is not fair. 

Hi. I wish you and DC luck but you never took our gaffer off us. 
we sacked him then he went elsewhere before you. 
today you did bottle it but I’m sure you will beat Swindon at home to go through. 

58 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Just got back. Glad to be still in the tie.

Obviously emotions run high but again to me Williams gave a superb refereeing performance closely followed by the pony tailed one.

Is it just me, or are we too nice ?

They were on at the ref in his face throughout. 

Yes I'm biased but in the first 30 minutes I barely recall us getting a single decision. 

Poor day all round, soaked, stuck for an hour after. 

But this is far from over they think they're up already. 

Actually I think that is the most physical I have seen us all season - we put some crunching tackles in all through the first half, esp Charlsly 

6 minutes ago, Woot said:

Hi. I wish you and DC luck but you never took our gaffer off us. 
we sacked him then he went elsewhere before you. 
today you did bottle it but I’m sure you will beat Swindon at home to go through. 

He was referring to Smallsall who base their whole season around beating us.

2 hours ago, philmpv said:

We can defo do it. One thing I just don't understand, though, is why we seem so reluctant to play that 3412 with Wilson in the hole in the continued absence of both TC and BW. Our best performance of the season, IMHO, came when we played that way at Carlisle, yet I don't think we've started with it since (though have tried it late on in games). Wilson can give us, in that role, the creativity we've been sorely lacking

Yes and that would mean he doesn’t have to chase down at the front. He’s best in the 10 / behind the top 2. 

Mckirdy is a class above in league 2 when he fancies it. DC’s biggest mistake so far as Vale’s Manager has been not getting the best out of him and letting him go. If we had kept Mckirdy this season we would have gone up automatically. That’s the reality. I still fancy us to beat Swindon in the second leg. UTV.

Archived