onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: POS1 Swindon Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

9 minutes ago, Sam Kelly's Left Boot said:

Bet you're the life & soul of the party.

Why can’t we win this? We were by far the better side once we changed formation and that might well give us a psychological advantage along with the Vale park roar but accept the result, learn from it and as DC said’improve our ability to keep the ball and work them better’

we are one goal down, I’ve gritty fight backs before, and collapses (😢) many times before: our club is on the up, get behind the lads and be the twelfth man UTV

Advert

6 minutes ago, geoff1 said:

thurs, 4 at the back gibbo smith martin hall benning 3 in the middle garriety pett taylor upfront wilson edmundson worrall. SUtBS covolan/ charlesley/ procter/ 

A 4132 system would do the job on thursday like i said in a previous post they are a small side we do not need a tall cumbersome defender we need people in there right positions put smith where he is more effective you will never learn him to control the ball properly or pass a ball he is just not capeable enough to do it.Work rate and desire will beat Swindon thursday get on the front foot from kick off and put them under sustained pressure that means working your socks off all over the pitch we can turn this around but this will take all of them putting a shift in with no passengers.

8 minutes ago, philmpv said:

If only Covolan hadn't got sent off in pre-season, we'd have won today. Bloody Cov

Just trying to fit into this forum....

Well said Mate, there’s been a lot of pent up feeling today, and things said on this forum have not really helped, myself included.

We are all Vale Fans and I’m sure we all are desperate to beat this Swindon **** and get to Wembley and then League 1

UTV

50 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

He only came here because nobody else would take him on and it was close to family for him,Askey didn't want him(thats why he was a late signing) and all that is FACT,also a massive stoke fan(thats not the problem as we have had them at the club) who openly admits he hates the Vale and as you say he DID say he would never be seen in a Vale shirt(well until nobody wanted him),when picked he couldn't be arsed so for me he could of stayed here for 3 years but he would never be a 20 goal forward for us simply because he didn't want to be.

No doubting his talent,showed it at Carlise and Swindon but would NEVER do so for us,a massive knob 

He is a Chelsea fan, not stoke. 

25 minutes ago, Vale Ball said:
52 minutes ago, werstayinup said:
He only came here because nobody else would take him on and it was close to family for him,Askey didn't want him(thats why he was a late signing) and all that is FACT,also a massive stoke fan(thats not the problem as we have had them at the club) who openly admits he hates the Vale and as you say he DID say he would never be seen in a Vale shirt(well until nobody wanted him),when picked he couldn't be arsed so for me he could of stayed here for 3 years but he would never be a 20 goal forward for us simply because he didn't want to be.
No doubting his talent,showed it at Carlise and Swindon but would NEVER do so for us,a massive knob 

Came here through Golf club connections.

Through John Rudge 

12 minutes ago, Raveninblack said:

Why can’t we win this? We were by far the better side once we changed formation and that might well give us a psychological advantage along with the Vale park roar but accept the result, learn from it and as DC said’improve our ability to keep the ball and work them better’

we are one goal down, I’ve gritty fight backs before, and collapses (😢) many times before: our club is on the up, get behind the lads and be the twelfth man UTV

Well said m8

McKirdy is 25.  He made his league debut 6 years ago. On loan at Stevenage.  Before this season he had started 36 league games and scored 10 goals in 5 years.  Villa didn't want him, Crewe didn't want him, Newport didn't want him, Carlisle didn't want him and Vale didn't want him.  The Swindon fans were singing, "he left cost you're <ovf censored>".  The reality is we kicked him out because he was <ovf censored> and Swindon only took him because they were in such a state at the start of the season that they were signing anyone with a pulse.

Perhaps someone has given him a good talking to during the close season and he has suddenly realised that he was chucking a career away.  Criticising Vale for not keeping a player who was rubbish for us and didn't want to be here is daft. 

And why wasn't he booked for that ridiculous dive just before half time??

3 hours ago, Powerline said:

Got to disagree. He was totally anonymous when on. Only things I can remember him doing is having a pea roller shot that went miles wide, and getting hugely outmuscled in the run up to their second.

He got hold of the ball and passed it to someone he knew. I imagine that’s what DC would have asked him to do.

2 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

McKirdy is 25.  He made his league debut 6 years ago. On loan at Stevenage.  Before this season he had started 36 league games and scored 10 goals in 5 years.  Villa didn't want him, Crewe didn't want him, Newport didn't want him, Carlisle didn't want him and Vale didn't want him.  The Swindon fans were singing, "he left cost you're <ovf censored>".  The reality is we kicked him out because he was <ovf censored> and Swindon only took him because they were in such a state at the start of the season that they were signing anyone with a pulse.

Perhaps someone has given him a good talking to during the close season and he has suddenly realised that he was chucking a career away.  Criticising Vale for not keeping a player who was rubbish for us and didn't want to be here is daft. 

He’s good though. Wish we had him.

Just got back. Glad to be still in the tie.

Obviously emotions run high but again to me Williams gave a superb refereeing performance closely followed by the pony tailed one.

Is it just me, or are we too nice ?

They were on at the ref in his face throughout. 

Yes I'm biased but in the first 30 minutes I barely recall us getting a single decision. 

Poor day all round, soaked, stuck for an hour after. 

But this is far from over they think they're up already. 

2 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Just got back. Glad to be still in the tie.

Obviously emotions run high but again to me Williams gave a superb refereeing performance closely followed by the pony tailed one.

Is it just me, or are we too nice ?

They were on at the ref in his face throughout. 

Yes I'm biased but in the first 30 minutes I barely recall us getting a single decision. 

Poor day all round, soaked, stuck for an hour after. 

But this is far from over they think they're up already. 

Yeh I agree, like Bristol R did through Coutts , Swindon did with Williams. We perhaps are too nice !

McKirdy is 25.  He made his league debut 6 years ago. On loan at Stevenage.  Before this season he had started 36 league games and scored 10 goals in 5 years.  Villa didn't want him, Crewe didn't want him, Newport didn't want him, Carlisle didn't want him and Vale didn't want him.  The Swindon fans were singing, "he left cost you're ".  The reality is we kicked him out because he was and Swindon only took him because they were in such a state at the start of the season that they were signing anyone with a pulse.
Not Rudges finest recommendation with that record of clubs.

Archived