onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: POS1 Swindon Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

31 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

We just have to see this as being 2-1 down at half time with a massive half to come now at VP

Get the first goal and it really could be anybodys,i thought they were the better team by a mile footballing wise BUT we showed that their defence can be shaky when got at and thats what we need to do Thursday now,i do think today showed what a miss Conlon and Walker are in the middle and how we lack pace all over really. I hope we push Garrity further forward,he was far more affective when Charlsley went off.

One question,is it the same ref for the second leg?

To be honest I thought the ref was ok. He let a lot go for us. Mad challenge by Gibbo that looked high when the ball was going out, could have booked Charsley much earlier. Williams going down very single time made everything look worse. Booked their striker for messing with the ball which I applaud. 

Advert

55 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

I am keeping it to football matters and your post 

I feel so sorry for the Owners, wonderful people but they have got to be ruthless now, with the Management and Players,

was pathetic.

Jesus Chris - you watched a different match than me m8. 

There is no way I'd call that performance pathetic. Swindon are a good side and in the play offs because they deserve to be. 

On the day they just edged it. I'm confident we'll best then at Vale Park. 

If you don't want to support DC and the lads then there's a place down the D-road that will welcome you, I'm sure. 

Good lord 

Just now, Osh said:

Jesus Chris - you watched a different match than me m8. 

There is no way I'd call that performance pathetic. Swindon are a good side and in the play offs because they deserve to be. 

On the day they just edged it. I'm confident we'll best then at Vale Park. 

If you don't want to support DC and the lads then there's a place down the D-road that will welcome you, I'm sure. 

Good lord

'eh? The quote isn't mine.

He only came here because nobody else would take him on and it was close to family for him,Askey didn't want him(thats why he was a late signing) and all that is FACT,also a massive stoke fan(thats not the problem as we have had them at the club) who openly admits he hates the Vale and as you say he DID say he would never be seen in a Vale shirt(well until nobody wanted him),when picked he couldn't be arsed so for me he could of stayed here for 3 years but he would never be a 20 goal forward for us simply because he didn't want to be.
No doubting his talent,showed it at Carlise and Swindon but would NEVER do so for us,a massive knob 
Came here through Golf club connections.

7 minutes ago, geoff1 said:

thurs, 4 at the back gibbo smith martin hall benning 3 in the middle garriety pett taylor upfront wilson edmundson worrall. Subs covolan/ charlesley/ procter/ hussey robertson/jones (if fit)

thats brave with no goalie 🙂

We can defo do it. One thing I just don't understand, though, is why we seem so reluctant to play that 3412 with Wilson in the hole in the continued absence of both TC and BW. Our best performance of the season, IMHO, came when we played that way at Carlisle, yet I don't think we've started with it since (though have tried it late on in games). Wilson can give us, in that role, the creativity we've been sorely lacking

The sky commentators did say we were on top until they scored their first. Overall it was a fairly grim watch. We just seem to have lost any fluency to our play and Sky Sports viewers just watching our two televised games will wonder how on earth we got into the playoffs.

14 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

'eh? The quote isn't mine.

If it wasn't you m8 then I apologise. 

But the negativity on here does my head on. WE are in the same position as Northampton - we both got beaten 2-1 by the better team on the day. We now have home advantage on Thursday and we absolutely can take them at Vale Park. 

One other thing: while we had a great following today we barely broke in to song a handful of times, while they made a terrific noise. 

On Thursday we absolutely must sing the roof off from minute one till then final whistle and really, really get behind the lads. WE could be the 13th man.

Think Carol deserves that 

Archived