onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: POS1 Swindon Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Do you agree with her keep finding jobs for all the ex Players like Anthony Griffith and Billy Painter etc. 
 She needs to be careful how many staff she employs and be careful with the Budget, she hasn’t got a Bottomless Pit.
It is a business as well as a Football Team.

Ill informed, stupid comment.

Look at the latest set of accounts, staff numbers have decreased.

Advert

I don’t think we were that bad in either half and created some decent moments, for all the fuss about Swindon’s midfield we had more possession but we need a bit more up top.

Swindon’s goals both came a little against the run of play but I felt we beat ourselves today. First goal is a poor one, first to give the corner away but then to let a small lad like McKirdy get a free header and score. That was criminal.

Second goal i felt Stone should do better in terms of where he parries it out too. From the angle push it out not into the centre of the box.

Referee was crap, any touch they fell over and it’s a free kick but didn’t really give the same back to us especially first half.

Huge goal from Willo and sets up a big tie, their interviews they seemed to be thinking it’s job done because of their away form so hopefully we catch them on the hop. Huge start needed and first goal is crucial, if we score first then the place will be rocking and hopefully can get them on the ropes.

Not over by a long way but need to be better defensively.

1 hour ago, SuperHuman said:

Benning comes in for Worrall for me. He’s earned his spot over the past few months a lot more than Worrall has. 

Agreed,Worrall still looks troubled to me,so as you say i would go with Benning on the left and Gibbo on the right,lets get at them

2 hours ago, Valiant in Brum said:

The game was not pleasing to the eye. It was an awful game all around. However I see some Vale fans like to just be negitive. We need do better and if ee play at our best we would have won that.

The stats however people would like to see it say its more even. Screenshot_20220515-140950_Google.jpg

If you need stats to give a verdict on a football match that youhave just seen, then you are in trouble. Stats will read whatever you want them too.

Today we were poor. Half time should have been nil nil and a terrible game. Two awful mistakes by Smith and Gibbons gave the lead to Swindon. Overall Swindon were the team who deserved the win. They have players who know how to move forward, create, score goals. Perhaps they had an off day today otherwise it could have been all over.

Just back. Not had chance read the thread.

First half we just didnt seem at it. Worrall didnt seem his normal self and their centre backs were winning everything (not sure why we persist with the same route when we can see something isnt working)

Second half better when we pushed garrity further forward. Worrall to be fair showed some glimpes of his old form towards the very end. We also started winning headers when proctor came on + seemed better balanced with Benning on the left.

To be fair to Swindon they had good movement all over the pitch / set pieces.

Glad we are still in this - two goal defecit would of been tough, but we can beat these. 

1 hour ago, mbycars said:

McKirdy was quoted as saying he would never play for the Vale and while he was on the field for us he never did.

He only came here because nobody else would take him on and it was close to family for him,Askey didn't want him(thats why he was a late signing) and all that is FACT,also a massive stoke fan(thats not the problem as we have had them at the club) who openly admits he hates the Vale and as you say he DID say he would never be seen in a Vale shirt(well until nobody wanted him),when picked he couldn't be arsed so for me he could of stayed here for 3 years but he would never be a 20 goal forward for us simply because he didn't want to be.

No doubting his talent,showed it at Carlise and Swindon but would NEVER do so for us,a massive knob 

1 minute ago, valeparklife said:

Ill informed, stupid comment.

Look at the latest set of accounts, staff numbers have decreased.

Yeh like the ticket situation etc and the Turnstile Sagas with Larger crowds. It’s how you utilise what staff you have and what they contribute.

It maybe stupid to you. but long term successful business owners have to be nasty at times ask Alan Sugar. Simon Jordan etc.  
I wasn’t been critical of Carol, she says herself she has made mistakes and is learning as she goes on. 
Letting John Askey stay on as long as she did, was one.

Why do people read the word ruthless as being a Negative?

I thought we played quite well, better than at Exeter and the few games before that. Fairly equal game with Mckirdy being the difference, Swindon fans love him! Definitely would have taken 1-2 when they scored first, got a game on next Thursday and definitely stand a good chance.

2 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

We don't carry Taylor, he competes, covers, shadows and defends as much as any other midfield player, what do you watch.

If you didn't see that Vale played better 2nd half and that's not totally down to Taylor but at least Taylor bought some shape, pattern and passing ability to the team.

DC just said, "We've gotta be better on the ball", damn right so play Jake Taylor.

Sorry Paul 6754

I have to ask. Are you Jake Taylors relation ? All i have seen all season is your admiration and backing of Taylor. 

He is not the answer. He is not good enough

27 minutes ago, philmpv said:

I may be way off the mark here, but maybe Carol is in a better position to judge her finances and what she can afford? If only she were a successful business woman.....

Nobody is saying she isn’t a successful Business woman, she would be even More Successful if and When Vale get to League 1

2 hours ago, PV1973 said:

Of course the goals deserved. We created it and took the chance. Don’t know why fans are so negative and down on things when we do something decent. 

Nah to be fair we put some pressure on and got a reward. Also I’ve put underserved, whatever that means lol.

25 minutes ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

Can we stick with a back 3 ???

No, with the players we have !!!

Smith cannot play on the right. He is awful with the ball. martin is the poor choice for me in the centre. Too many mistakes and not strong enough. It has to be Smith in the centre.

Who can play on the  right. Cannot be Gibbons, the obvious choice, because he is a poor defender at crosses. Not tall enough. Cass did it and Cass also far better as a footballer than Gibbons. No one else to play there.

So drop the  3 5 2 and go 4 4 2, besides Worrall is finished as a wide player and must be replaced if we are to create and score goals.

Has to be Gibbons  Smith  Hall  Benning.  Then we need to sort a midfield that can create and done tell me Taylor. Taylor is another to be left out.

Anyone advocating a change in formation didn't watch Colchester away.

Archived