onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: POS1 Swindon Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

2 minutes ago, Dr Delgado said:

Funny how you see a game.

If I hadn’t seen the game myself and formed a judgement from what some durbrains put on here I’d be tearing up my tickets for Thursday.

We were poor today no doubt about that. Second half in spells we were better in possession and got a few crosses in particular when benning came on (a left footer) first half was slow and we lost the balls countless times and the mistake for the goal was Sunday league stuff. But somehow despite that the ties very much alive. Every game is different and Thursday it can easily be our night and everything goes for us and we win 2-0. For that to happen the team needs a few changes though. Proctor obviously if he’s fit enough. Benning has to come back in on the left. Garrity had another game where apart from his first half shot I never saw him once and we need him to drive forward and get us a goal. All in all a bad day but one more chance to put it right. 

Only saw the second half but judging by the comments we must of been dreadful in the first as we were definitely the better side in the second. Played some nice stuff just didn’t create enough unfortunately. Swindon are certainly nothing to be scared of. It’s hardly beyond the realms of possibility that we could win 2-0 on Thursday. I’d rather be in Swindon’s position but It’s no where  near over yet.

We need start like a house on fire on Thursday a goal up early doors we need to defend properly and avoid a capitulation like bristol rovers. I fear for the vale though defending like that it's now 4 defeats in five that's relegation form not promotion.

47 minutes ago, ValeForever. said:

Suicide passes, running the ball out of play, giving the ball away, lost McKirdy from the corner... he even lined up a long throw & let it slip out of his hands. He was pants. Had a good first 10 minutes then nothing. 

Christ it was throwing it down, the ball was wet as were the kits, you could see him asking the bench for a towel because he couldn’t dry it. Suicide passes? Don’t recall those. They’re all professional players who will have the ball under any circumstances and pressure, just because we’d <ovf censored> our pants having the ball so tight up at powerleague doesn’t mean it’s a problem for them. He kept going all game for me and was always an outlet. 

Do you agree with her keep finding jobs for all the ex Players like Anthony Griffith and Billy Painter etc. 
 She needs to be careful how many staff she employs and be careful with the Budget, she hasn’t got a Bottomless Pit.
It is a business as well as a Football Team.

I may be way off the mark here, but maybe Carol is in a better position to judge her finances and what she can afford? If only she were a successful business woman.....

We just have to see this as being 2-1 down at half time with a massive half to come now at VP

Get the first goal and it really could be anybodys,i thought they were the better team by a mile footballing wise BUT we showed that their defence can be shaky when got at and thats what we need to do Thursday now,i do think today showed what a miss Conlon and Walker are in the middle and how we lack pace all over really. I hope we push Garrity further forward,he was far more affective when Charlsley went off.

One question,is it the same ref for the second leg?

10 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Play-off games are always tense and nervy, there is a lot at stake, we are fortunate and have the 2nd leg at home, the ball is in our court.

Absolutely Fosse, you can't get through to Wembley in the first leg but you can put yourself out of it with a big loss. Still all to play for this.

Hoping midfield is a key focus area on our recruitment in the summer. We are full of heart and endeavour but think a little more playmaking ability into the mix has to be our next step.
I'd disagree with that. I think our midfield is our strongest area.

We're just missing two composed, technical players in Conlon and Walker, so having to play our backups in Charsley and Taylor.

3 hours ago, JimmyPVFC said:

Not sure what the management were thinkin letting him go, decisions like that make we start to lose faith in them. John Rudge would never let a player of that calibre go

I too, was disappointed--he appeard to me to be a natural goal-scorer (an I'm not just saying that in hindsight).  However, there were rumours about his attitude within the squad and that's a call, only a manager can make as to whether or not any disruptive element outways potential to offer a team goals.  His contribution in that department to Swindon this season, is undeniable!

2 hours ago, JimmyPVFC said:

It might work in our favour will be I interesting to see how swindon set up, will they try to defend the lead I dont think so I dont think they can to many offensive players in there team which might enable us to get the goals. We do tend to struggle against teams who sit in swindon dont but we just need make sure we dont get beat on the break.

No,their manager already said they are going out to win both games,they will come at us,they only know one way to play and thats possession based attacking,so we can get at them on the break,just wish we had a bit more pace but we have to be clever now

2 hours ago, Doha said:

Smith will never be the ball playing RCB they are trying to make him. He isn't that kind of player. He's a rough and tumble centre half and no more, he will never be Maldini.

He spooned the ball out for the corner, poor. It was Gibbo who lost HM for the goal. Awful goal all round from our point of view.

Martin gives me anxiety 9 times out of 10 the ball goes near him, either because it bounces or because he takes a heavy touch and gets into trouble.

Can we stick with a back 3 ???

No, with the players we have !!!

Smith cannot play on the right. He is awful with the ball. martin is the poor choice for me in the centre. Too many mistakes and not strong enough. It has to be Smith in the centre.

Who can play on the  right. Cannot be Gibbons, the obvious choice, because he is a poor defender at crosses. Not tall enough. Cass did it and Cass also far better as a footballer than Gibbons. No one else to play there.

So drop the  3 5 2 and go 4 4 2, besides Worrall is finished as a wide player and must be replaced if we are to create and score goals.

Has to be Gibbons  Smith  Hall  Benning.  Then we need to sort a midfield that can create and done tell me Taylor. Taylor is another to be left out.

Archived