onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: POS1 Swindon Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

17 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Mate he hated being at the vale and purely used us to keep fit and find another club. 

If you didn't see it during training or live games , you'd definitely see it down castle or Trentham on a night out. I recall him and Theo Robinson being out one night and mckirdy was telling everyone he was gonna be a championship player one day. 

Cocky and arrogant git and an absolute sh*tehouse but he definitely has talent 

You can’t keep people like that at the club, co,plate trouble maker that Askey couldn’t control and who then paid the penalty for it, Mckirdy was trouble at Carlisle well before he came but I thought Hall was going to lay him out at one pony: such a petulant little git, talented or not

Advert

2 minutes ago, ValeForever. said:

Really didn't enjoy the Sky coverage. So so biased towards Swindon, an ex player on the side lines alongside Taylor, the Exeter manager, who most definitely has something against us... probably not surprising after we stopped him winning a championship.

Belittling of Vale's football throughout the show. Seemed to be a general theme of Vale being the rough & ugly bully boys & Swindon the Man City of League 2. That's the theme they rolled with. Even after the game in the player interviews you've got Williams saying if they can avoid the nasty challenges on Thursday they should be okay!  

When we got it down & played we did well. Though couple of players had shockers, Smith was terrible & Gibbo was appalling. Hopefully they can put it right Thursday. 1 goal, still.anyones game. 

Wasn't impressed with Swindon but they might look a different side away from home. Without McKirdy they would be nowhere. & I agree, he is a <ovf censored>, but he thrives off it. His whole game is about being on the wind up, that's what motivates him. His interview after the game... "wouldn't call Vale my ex club as I never played." There's a reason for that you <ovf censored> stirrer. Never wanted to be here in the first place.

Come on Vale, they think they've got this won the way they were going on at full time & after the game. They look <ovf censored> at the back, just attack! I'd like see Harratt play a part Thursday, they like to fanny about at the back & he's very good at closing down the ball. You don't get that with a half fit Proctor unfortunately. 

Let's make a great atmosphere Thursday night guys, I'm more confident than I was before kick off today.

We turned the sound off second half.

I saw little Jonny in a Sunderland documentary. He's a mardarse...throws himself to the ground at every opportunity

They got their 2nd goal at the right time and we gave them the first.

I thought we were much better 2nd half. Far too many touches needed in the first half when we were in good positions.

McTurdy? Horrible so and so. Backed off when he'd gone too far with Hall. Spitting every time the camera was on him.

We just need to show more belief and be more positive.

I'd love to see a back 4 with AN Other in for Wozza and the rest would be the team that finished. If Proctor isn't fit,pick Harratt. Push them back...I really don't think they are worldbeaters. Their fans think they're through already...as arrogant as their players are

2 minutes ago, Powerline said:

Got to disagree. He was totally anonymous when on. Only things I can remember him doing is having a pea roller shot that went miles wide, and getting hugely outmuscled in the run up to their second.

I  don't know what you watch or where you watch it but try watching the players on the pitch sometime and the shape/organization rather than just follow the ball and perhaps you might get a different perspective and appreciate the work done off the ball.

Yep he had a miss hit shot but at least he was in a position to take the shot, Taylor has the ability to score from  outside the box and in particular from the left of the pen. area as he's scored from this area before more than once for Vale, if you'd have watched all Vale's games for the last few years you'd know this. He was always available to accept the ball and played some excellent passes and kept the ball well but this was a day to keep the shape and keep it tight, different game Thursday night. No he wasn't hugely out muscled.

We should agree to disagree as fans have different opinions of players which is one of the fascinations of football and I also don't share your views on Nathan Smith.

1 hour ago, Doha said:

Smith will never be the ball playing RCB they are trying to make him. He isn't that kind of player. He's a rough and tumble centre half and no more, he will never be Maldini.

He spooned the ball out for the corner, poor. It was Gibbo who lost HM for the goal. Awful goal all round from our point of view.

Martin gives me anxiety 9 times out of 10 the ball goes near him, either because it bounces or because he takes a heavy touch and gets into trouble.

I agree Martin looks so sluggish when on the ball, nearly got caught out at Exeter last week & same happened again today. He can't handle strikers closing him down & dallys on the ball, accident waiting to happen. Special shout out to Gibbo for playing the same suicide ball back inside to his centre half knowing what happened last weekend... I like Gibbo but thought he was shocking today bar 1 x tackle he made.

We have to stop them out wide. We looked a different side when Benning came on.

1 minute ago, ValeForever. said:

I agree Martin looks so sluggish when on the ball, nearly got caught out at Exter last week & same happened again today. He can't handle strikers closing him down & dallys on the ball, accidnet waiting to happen. Special shout out to Gibbo for playing the same suicide ball back inside to his centre half knowing what happened last weekend... I like Gibbo but thought he was shocking today bar 1 x tackle he made.

We have to stop them out wide. We looked a different side when Benning came on.

We all see a different game I thought gibbo was one of the few players looking to get us on the ball, go forward and give us an outlet. Never stopped. 

4 minutes ago, DazFred said:

We turned the sound off second half.

I saw little Jonny in a Sunderland documentary. He's a mardarse...throws himself to the ground at every opportunity

They got their 2nd goal at the right time and we gave them the first.

I thought we were much better 2nd half. Far too many touches needed in the first half when we were in good positions.

McTurdy? Horrible so and so. Backed off when he'd gone too far with Hall. Spitting every time the camera was on him.

We just need to show more belief and be more positive.

I'd love to see a back 4 with AN Other in for Wozza and the rest would be the team that finished. If Proctor isn't fit,pick Harratt. Push them back...I really don't think they are worldbeaters. Their fans think they're through already...as arrogant as their players are

proctor might not be 100% but even at that we need him: tuck Harratt in behind them to take the pressure off a little: this is now in our nervous hands

Just now, PV1973 said:

We all see a different game I thought gibbo was one of the few players looking to get us on the ball, go forward and give us an outlet. Never stopped. 

Suicide passes, running the ball out of play, giving the ball away, lost McKirdy from the corner... he even lined up a long throw & let it slip out of his hands. He was pants. Had a good first 10 minutes then nothing. 

16 minutes ago, ValeForever. said:

Really didn't enjoy the Sky coverage. So so biased towards Swindon, an ex player on the side lines alongside Taylor, the Exeter manager, who most definitely has something against us... probably not surprising after we stopped him winning a championship.

Belittling of Vale's football throughout the show. Seemed to be a general theme of Vale being the rough & ugly bully boys & Swindon the Man City of League 2. That's the theme they rolled with. Even after the game in the player interviews you've got Williams saying if they can avoid the nasty challenges on Thursday they should be okay!  

When we got it down & played we did well. Thought couple of players had shockers, Smith was terrible & Gibbo was appalling. Hopefully they can put it right Thursday. 1 goal, still anyones game. 

Wasn't impressed with Swindon but they might look a different side away from home. Without McKirdy they would be nowhere. & I agree, he is a <ovf censored>, but he thrives off it. His whole game is about being on the wind up, that's what motivates him. His interview after the game... "wouldn't call Vale my ex club as I never played." There's a reason for that you <ovf censored> stirrer. Never wanted to be here in the first place.

Come on Vale, they think they've got this won the way they were going on at full time & after the game. They look <ovf censored> at the back, just attack! I'd like see Harratt play a part Thursday, they like to fanny about at the back & he's very good at closing down the ball. You don't get that with a half fit Proctor unfortunately. 

Let's make a great atmosphere Thursday night guys, I'm more confident than I was before kick off today.

Yeh even their Manager was a condescending so and so with his interview 

Come on Vale, Swindon are really an annoying set of self opinionated ****.

Please put them in their place.

6 minutes ago, ValeForever. said:

Suicide passes, running the ball out of play, giving the ball away, lost McKirdy from the corner... he even lined up a long throw & let it slip out of his hands. He was pants. Had a good first 10 minutes then nothing. 

I would like to see Gibbons back on the right on Thursday with Benning on the left.

1 hour ago, JSValiant said:

I have just listened to Darrell Clarke’s interview and he has said the same as a lot of frustrated and disappointed Vale Fans have said and feel, who have been chastened by other Fans on this Forum

Did he say we were a non-league team, or that Gibbons was rubbish, or that "the Owners have got to be ruthless now, with the Management and Players"? No, he didn't, did he? Possibly because he's not an over-reacting toddler.

Archived