onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: POS1 Swindon Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

6 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

So why didn’t he address it in January?? I like Charsley, but it’s him or Garrity for me. We’ve been screaming out for a playmaker for about 2 years because, lest we forget, for the first half of 2020/21 Conlon barely featured.

You can tell we are missing conlon in how we play, especially in the final third. He was key to us linking wing backs with forwards. Maybe they thought Jake Taylor could be that player but he got injured? But either way since Christmas our style of play has changed drastically. It’s almost like now there’s a lot of expectation on gibbo or Worrall to do something on their own. 

Advert

34 minutes ago, jimbo57 said:

He should have been made to be arsed, then we'd now have a 22 goal scorer on our books, and not on Swindon's.

McKirdy was quoted as saying he would never play for the Vale and while he was on the field for us he never did.

Thought we looked much better when Benning came on.

I get nervous every time Martin makes a challenge or pass. Absolute bomb scare at the back 

Much better towards the end.

Start Proctor and Wilson on Thursday and keep mckirdy out and we'll do it. Soon <ovf censored> himself when Hall went over to him

Keep the faith. UTV 

40 minutes ago, jimbo57 said:

He should have been made to be arsed, then we'd now have a 22 goal scorer on our books, and not on Swindon's.

Mate he hated being at the vale and purely used us to keep fit and find another club. 

If you didn't see it during training or live games , you'd definitely see it down castle or Trentham on a night out. I recall him and Theo Robinson being out one night and mckirdy was telling everyone he was gonna be a championship player one day. 

Cocky and arrogant git and an absolute sh*tehouse but he definitely has talent 

The key moments fell for them in my opinion. I think  initially we started ok but Smiths mistake and the lack of tracking McKirdy gave them the impetus. 2nd half we were the better side but again their goal came at a key moment and for 10 minutes after that we were a bit shell shocked. I thought we then made changes and we again got back on top and after Wilsons goal we could have actually won it. Great header by Wilson and Proctors shot from the edge of the box would have beaten the keeper hands down if he could have kept it down. Plenty of hope for Thursday if we can get in front i think they could fold. 

Jesus there's a lot of people losing their <ovf censored> on here again.

Yes, we lost 2-1, but general feeling I heard at the game was that we didn't think they were that good and, as someone has already posted, the stats were dead equal.

We are well and truly still in this and I can't wait for Thursday night. These are there for the taking.

UTV and KTF

13 minutes ago, Clayts said:

Apologies, overreaction on my part, just annoys me when a team that has generally been good all season get written off like that on the back of the odd bad half or poor game. Yes we want a return to the relative success of the Rudge days, but we're not entitled to expect it overnight. 

'Ruthless' with the management? DC included, after everything he's been through? Really?

Thanks for your apology, I am not writing them off, just frustrated at how we seem to disappoint on the big occasions.

I have listened to Darrell Clarke’s interview and he has said everything I’ve been feeling. We have got to be better and we haven’t been at it for a number of weeks.

Nobody is more sympathetic to Darrell’s personal situation than me.

What I meant with saying Carol has got to be more ruthless, is she seems to be too nice and lovelier a person perhaps for her professional position and obviously I wasn’t including Darrell Clarke. 
Since his absence I feel the Team hasn’t always performed like earlier in the season.

Take Care

UTV

Really didn't enjoy the Sky coverage. So so biased towards Swindon, an ex player on the side lines alongside Taylor, the Exeter manager, who most definitely has something against us... probably not surprising after we stopped him winning a championship.

Belittling of Vale's football throughout the show. Seemed to be a general theme of Vale being the rough & ugly bully boys & Swindon the Man City of League 2. That's the theme they rolled with. Even after the game in the player interviews you've got Williams saying if they can avoid the nasty challenges on Thursday they should be okay!  

When we got it down & played we did well. Thought couple of players had shockers, Smith was terrible & Gibbo was appalling. Hopefully they can put it right Thursday. 1 goal, still anyones game. 

Wasn't impressed with Swindon but they might look a different side away from home. Without McKirdy they would be nowhere. & I agree, he is a <ovf censored>, but he thrives off it. His whole game is about being on the wind up, that's what motivates him. His interview after the game... "wouldn't call Vale my ex club as I never played." There's a reason for that you <ovf censored> stirrer. Never wanted to be here in the first place.

Come on Vale, they think they've got this won the way they were going on at full time & after the game. They look <ovf censored> at the back, just attack! I'd like see Harratt play a part Thursday, they like to fanny about at the back & he's very good at closing down the ball. You don't get that with a half fit Proctor unfortunately. 

Let's make a great atmosphere Thursday night guys, I'm more confident than I was before kick off today.

1 hour ago, 1 said:

Got out of jail at the end with a largely underserved goal. Still in the tie but we’ll have to play completely differently. Williams and Payne ran the show and it’s embarrassing watching Charsley and Pett chase after them like youth team players. If Proctor doesn’t start then that’s a humongous, potentially fatal loss. Proctor is the number 1 guy up front, and without him we cannot get or keep the ball higher up the pitch with consistency.

He's injured. He would be starting if he was 100% fit. He's been playing through injury for weeks.

3 minutes ago, ValeForever. said:

Really didn't enjoy the Sky coverage. So so biased towards Swindon, an ex player on the side lines alongside Taylor, the Exeter manager, who most definitely has something against us... probably not surprising after we stopped him winning a championship.

Belittling of Vale's football throughout the show. Seemed to be a general theme of Vale being the rough & ugly bully boys & Swindon the Man City of League 2. That's the theme they rolled with. Even after the game in the player interviews you've got Williams saying if they can avoid the nasty challenges on Thursday they should be okay!  

When we got it down & played we did well. Though couple of players had shockers, Smith was terrible & Gibbo was appalling. Hopefully they can put it right Thursday. 1 goal, still.anyones game. 

Wasn't impressed with Swindon but they might look a different side away from home. Without McKirdy they would be nowhere. & I agree, he is a <ovf censored>, but he thrives off it. His whole game is about being on the wind up, that's what motivates him. His interview after the game... "wouldn't call Vale my ex club as I never played." There's a reason for that you <ovf censored> stirrer. Never wanted to be here in the first place.

Come on Vale, they think they've got this won the way they were going on at full time & after the game. They look <ovf censored> at the back, just attack! I'd like see Harratt play a part Thursday, they like to fanny about at the back & he's very good at closing down the ball. You don't get that with a half fit Proctor unfortunately. 

Let's make a great atmosphere Thursday night guys, I'm more confident than I was before kick off today.

Yeh I agree totally biased view by SKY.

I just Hope Vale turn up on Thursday and put McKirdy and Williams in their place.

Come on Vale and let’s have the Last Laugh for once.

You never know we might get that Penalty at last.

UTV

Archived