onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: POS1 Swindon Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

We’ve done well to make it this far with backup midfielders but when other teams have their fully fit team at crunch time the differences is night and day. That could have easily been 3/4, and the home game was a farce that just needed playing out. That said we’re still alive and we’ll bring it for the fans at home. It’s not over, but it will be if we don’t improve, I’m sure that will be DCs message.

Just now, SuperHuman said:

Benning comes in for Worrall for me. He’s earned his spot over the past few months a lot more than Worrall has. 

Got to agree.. Gibbons on the right and Benning on the left. 

26 minutes ago, 1 said:

Got out of jail at the end with a largely underserved goal. 

Of course the goals deserved. We created it and took the chance. Don’t know why fans are so negative and down on things when we do something decent. 

2 minutes ago, SuperHuman said:

Benning comes in for Worrall for me. He’s earned his spot over the past few months a lot more than Worrall has. 

Have to agree, far more was happening for us down the left with gibbo showing much more than worrall was. 

I have just listened to Darrell Clarke’s interview and he has said the same as a lot of frustrated and disappointed Vale Fans have said and feel, who have been chastened by other Fans on this Forum.

He says he has had a go at them in the dressing room. 
He said we have got to be better and we haven’t been at it for  a number of weeks now, which we haven’t to be fair.

He says he knows we aren’t technical enough in midfield and are missing Conlon.

The last 10 minutes of the match and Clarke’s Interview have given me a bit more confidence for the second leg. UTV

Stone
Gibbo Smith Hall Benning

Pett Taylor

Garrity

Worrall                      Wilson

Proctor

Can’t help but feel we would look miles better playing this type of set up on Thursday. Obviously if Walker was fit he’d be in for Taylor but assume with him not even being on the bench today that he’s done for the season.

17 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

We don't carry Taylor, he competes, covers, shadows and defends as much as any other midfield player, what do you watch.

If you didn't see that Vale played better 2nd half and that's not totally down to Taylor but at least Taylor bought some shape, pattern and passing ability to the team.

DC just said, "We've gotta be better on the ball", damn right so play Jake Taylor.

Got to disagree. He was totally anonymous when on. Only things I can remember him doing is having a pea roller shot that went miles wide, and getting hugely outmuscled in the run up to their second.

35 minutes ago, JSValiant said:

Thanks for your lovely comment.  
Nobody says we aren’t but at the moment we are still in League 2 and that’s what hurts, after all those Great Years under John Rudge ! 
Come on, we all want the Best for Port Vale and at least be an established League 1 side.

Apologies, overreaction on my part, just annoys me when a team that has generally been good all season get written off like that on the back of the odd bad half or poor game. Yes we want a return to the relative success of the Rudge days, but we're not entitled to expect it overnight. 

'Ruthless' with the management? DC included, after everything he's been through? Really?

9 minutes ago, JSValiant said:

I have just listened to Darrell Clarke’s interview and he has said the same as a lot of frustrated and disappointed Vale Fans have said and feel, who have been chastened by other Fans on this Forum.

He says he has had a go at them in the dressing room. 
He said we have got to be better and we haven’t been at it for  a number of weeks now, which we haven’t to be fair.

He says he knows we aren’t technical enough in midfield and are missing Conlon.

The last 10 minutes of the match and Clarke’s Interview have given me a bit more confidence for the second leg. UTV

So why didn’t he address it in January?? I like Charsley, but it’s him or Garrity for me. We’ve been screaming out for a playmaker for about 2 years because, lest we forget, for the first half of 2020/21 Conlon barely featured.

Archived