onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: POS1 Swindon Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

Just now, Doha said:

I really don't know what you're on about, I've never said Martin is a ball playing CB.

He isn't, Smith isn't. If the opposition broke forward I'd be far more nervous if it was up to Martin to clear it than Smith. That Davison chance on 70 mins Sky have just replayed is a typical Martin mistake.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

And the GOAL was a smith mistake. What is your point 

37 minutes ago, philmpv said:
40 minutes ago, Doha said:
Smith will never be the ball playing RCB they are trying to make him. He isn't that kind of player. He's a rough and tumble centre half and no more, he will never be Maldini.
He spooned the ball out for the corner, poor. It was Gibbo who lost HM for the goal. Awful goal all round from our point of view.
Martin gives me anxiety 9 times out of 10 the ball goes near him, either because it bounces or because he takes a heavy touch and gets into trouble.

Smith doesn't?! Martin has been excellent for the past 2 months. But just because you seem to accept that Smith is woeful with the ball at his feet, that's OK if he messes up with it but Martin doesn't get the same treatment despite you seeming to think that he's just as bad with the ball at his feet?

You're constructing a strawman from things I didn't actually say.

Smith isn't a ball playing RCB. This recurrent tactic in recent months of him playing it out from the back doesn't work. He isn't good enough for that.

What he is good enough to do is stand firm as a rough and tumble CB with a centre forward backing into him and hoof it clear. Martin scares me when it's up to him to fulfill that task. Maybe I wasn't clear enough initially but there's a world of difference in thinking that Smith can't play like a Maldini vs Smith is more composed when grappling a forward when it needs hoofing clear.

9 minutes ago, 1 said:

This system requires Vale to keep possession of the ball and wait for support. We haven’t got the passing quality to hold the ball, so we never get that whole team movement up the pitch. Swindon get bodies forward quickly. 

So if you haven’t got the passing quality to keep hold of the ball, play a system that doesn’t require you to have the ball so much.

Swindon will be kicking themselves because at 2-0 the tie was borderline down. We’ve got ourselves a chance again but need to show the cojones to grab that chance.

5 minutes ago, Powerline said:

Did you not watch the Bristol Rovers home game? He was <ovf censored> today too.

Yes I did and have watched every game this season.  And I did watch the Hartlepool game where Taylor's brilliant cross and piece of quality won us the game

If you can't see what Jake Taylor brings to the Vale team compared to a Charsley then I don't know what you watch and how you interprete it. Runners will only get you so far.

Always going to be a difficult game today but you need players who can play and show endeavor. 

Vale are still very much in this tie.

We are still in the tie with us getting that goal back but it's going be really tough for us to win it from this position. It's no surprise we lost to Swindon, it's probably the worst team we could have got in the play offs and there probably glad they are playing us as they always beat us. Our record since around 2005 against them is dreadful so for us to overturn this we are going have to do what vale sides from the last 17 years have failed to do beat them and beat them convincely. 

A few things we need to improve on for next season are stop giving daft sloppy goals away like we have the majority of the season. Improve our pocession play as too many times we look to hoof it long to nobody and expect wilson proctor ect to chase. I also think we need to add pace to the side as apart from amoo who I'd imagine we will release we lack pace in our team. 

We are still in the tie but for me I can't see us beating Swindon by 2 clear goals to make it to the final. Hopefully they prove me wrong, but more likely we will miss out and go up in the top 3 next season as the play offs are a lottery. 

Fans forum!! Never read so many negative comments. Please stay at home on Thursday night. We need to get Vale Park rocking, and get behind the players not moan and groan about them, you've got all summer to do that. Two good goals from Mckirdy were the difference, overall there wasn't a great deal in it. Fans can lift this team on Thursday night, it's far from over.

14 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Smith on the ball scares me a hell of a lot more.

Why oh why oh why would he choose today, in these conditions at this time of the year, to try and put his foot on the ball and play out. Just smack it away.

1 hour ago, Powerline said:

Can’t believe people are saying we should’ve kept McKirdy. He could’ve turned into Messi after releasing him, doesn’t change the fact that for us he was garbage and clearly couldn’t be arsed.

He should have been made to be arsed, then we'd now have a 22 goal scorer on our books, and not on Swindon's.

Just now, Paul6754 said:

Yes I did and have watched every game this season.  And I did watch the Hartlepool game where Taylor's brilliant cross and piece of quality won us the game

If you can't see what Jake Taylor brings to the Vale team compared to a Charsley then I don't know what you watch and how you interprete it. Runners will only get you so far.

Always going to be a difficult game today but you need players who can play and show endeavor. 

Vale are still very much in this tie.

Yes we are still in the tie.
But we can’t carry Taylor just because of one pass. He was absolutely powderpuff today and against Rovers. Brought absolutely nothing to the game today whatsoever.

1 minute ago, valeparklife said:

Smith gave a soft corner away - mistake 1
Gibbons lost McKirdy - mistake 2
No men on the line - mistake 3

A very frustrating goal to concede all round.

No idea why we don’t have men on the posts we have every man back got be space for someone on the posts 

Archived