onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: POS1 Swindon Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

2 minutes ago, philmpv said:
3 minutes ago, Doha said:
Have you been this season? He's scary. Nearly let them in second half by miscontrolling as he often does.

Smith on the ball scares me a hell of a lot more

Smith will never be the ball playing RCB they are trying to make him. He isn't that kind of player. He's a rough and tumble centre half and no more, he will never be Maldini.

He spooned the ball out for the corner, poor. It was Gibbo who lost HM for the goal. Awful goal all round from our point of view.

Martin gives me anxiety 9 times out of 10 the ball goes near him, either because it bounces or because he takes a heavy touch and gets into trouble.

Advert

2 minutes ago, Clayts said:

Shut up you massive bell. We were close to automatic promotion for the first time in 9 years, if you want to look at trend, it's massively upwards, we're really not far off.

Anyway, Swindon better side first half, we shaded second, one of those games where 1½-1 would have been about the right result.

All to play for on Thursday. UTV!

Thanks for your lovely comment.  
Nobody says we aren’t but at the moment we are still in League 2 and that’s what hurts, after all those Great Years under John Rudge ! 
Come on, we all want the Best for Port Vale and at least be an established League 1 side.

Still in it and that’s all we can ask for. Thought only a handful of players looked to be up for it wanting the ball and trying to drive us on, hall, gibbo, Garrity, Wilson. Disappointed by our right hand side in Worrall, thought he hardly drove us forward at all.

Was Charsley injured? 

Got out of jail at the end with a largely underserved goal. Still in the tie but we’ll have to play completely differently. Williams and Payne ran the show and it’s embarrassing watching Charsley and Pett chase after them like youth team players. If Proctor doesn’t start then that’s a humongous, potentially fatal loss. Proctor is the number 1 guy up front, and without him we cannot get or keep the ball higher up the pitch with consistency.

1 minute ago, Doha said:

Smith will never be the ball playing RCB they are trying to make him. He isn't that kind of player. He's a rough and tumble centre half and no more, he will never be Maldini.

He spooned the ball out for the corner, poor. It was Gibbo who lost HM for the goal. Awful goal all round from our point of view.

Martin gives me anxiety 9 times out of 10 the ball goes near him, either because it bounces or because he takes a heavy touch and gets into trouble.

So it’s ok for smith because he’s not that kind of player. But it’s ok to criticise Martin? Since when is Martin a ball playing CB. Better than Hall today but we love hall so let’s give Martin more <ovf censored> even though he’s been great 

I’m not sure why Taylor does get a lot of abuse, I thought when he come on he put his foot on the ball and made a few passes and was showing for the ball whereas Pett, Charsley and Garrity were non existent in the first half.

Taylor needs to play in the Garrity role as he’s done nothing the last few games. Not slagging Garrity as he’s been a good player this season but he has gone missing recently. 

6 minutes ago, mattpvfc said:

Why the hell did we get rid of mckirdy??

He wasn't bothered playing for us was he?

And we're far from the first club where that's happened.

He's been picked up by a manager and club that suits him by the look of it.

I don't mind him giving it to our fans either particularly. The over sanitised version of footy we've got now could do with some of that.

Is he on my Christmas card list, no.

Do I miss him, no.

Do I hate him, no.

Smith doesn't?! Martin has been excellent for the past 2 months. But just because you seem to accept that Smith is woeful with the ball at his feet, that's OK if he messes up with it but Martin doesn't get the same treatment despite you seeming to think that he's just as bad with the ball at his feet?

So it’s ok for smith because he’s not that kind of player. But it’s ok to criticise Martin? Since when is Martin a ball playing CB. Better than Hall today but we love hall so let’s give Martin more even though he’s been great 
Spot on. You beat me to it

People saying we shouldn’t have released McKirdy have short memories. Stevenage away anyone? He was total rubbish for us last season, didn’t put the effort in, and by all accounts was a rotten apple in the squad. On what grounds would we have kept him? I don’t particularly care what he’s done after.

Just now, PortVale4Life said:

So it’s ok for smith because he’s not that kind of player. But it’s ok to criticise Martin? Since when is Martin a ball playing CB. Better than Hall today but we love hall so let’s give Martin more <ovf censored> even though he’s been great 

I really don't know what you're on about, I've never said Martin is a ball playing CB.

He isn't, Smith isn't. If the opposition broke forward I'd be far more nervous if it was up to Martin to clear it than Smith. That Davison chance on 70 mins Sky have just replayed is a typical Martin mistake.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

Archived