onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: POS1 Swindon Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

28 minutes ago, Doha said:

A neutral calculated it to be 845 vs 832.

Had the Police not restricted our allocation at Smallsall to about 60% of what Swindon were given, our average would better theirs.

Have Vale ever taken 3k away? They'll sell out the 4500 seat Hamil on a Thursday night? Vale plastics? 🤣 The absolute state of them. 

Doha,I actually deducted their best and worst aswell ,3590 at Walsall and 252 at Mansfield and did the same for us ,Walsall 2245 and Swindon 233.I was initially generous giving them 700x 2 for Tranmere and Leyton Orient,which I was unable to find.I arrived at averages of 737 Swindon and 710 Vale.Having estimated those 2 games your figures could well be correct.Considering their average home att. is 9500 as opposed to Vale’s 6000 you have to ask Swindon fans the question “Have you heard of sat.navs?”.

Advert

Can we beat Swindon? Of course we can. If we want to go up we will be playing better teams week in week out. All the teams should be beatable in the league 2 play offs if we want to go up. When we lost to Swindon last time out we had 10 men so hopefully this time we keep our discipline. 

8 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

Doha,I actually deducted their best and worst,,3590 at Walsall and 252 at Mansfield and did the same for us ,Walsall 2245 and Swindon 233.I was initially generous giving them 700x 2 for Tranmere and Leyton Orient,which I was unable to find.I arrived at averages of 737 Swindon and 710 Vale.Having estimated those 2 games your figures could well be correct.Considering their average home att. is 9500 as opposed to Vale’s 6000 you have to ask Swindon fans the question “Have you heard of sat.navs?”.

They can't navigate the roundabout 

55 minutes ago, ginge said:

Can we beat Swindon? Of course we can. If we want to go up we will be playing better teams week in week out. All the teams should be beatable in the league 2 play offs if we want to go up. When we lost to Swindon last time out we had 10 men so hopefully this time we keep our discipline. 

Lets just hope we don't let McKirdy run-riot through the middle. I'm confident we'll sort it and Swindon respectively. UTV

23 minutes ago, DazFred said:

I think it'll be much like Exeter 

Dig in,don't concede.

Push them back up as far as possible 

Hopefully an extra days rest should get Gibbo a bit fitter,Charsley back?

2 changes for me, Benning for Hussey and Charsley for Edmondson.

UTV

1 hour ago, Doha said:

A neutral calculated it to be 845 vs 832.

Had the Police not restricted our allocation at Smallsall to about 60% of what Swindon were given, our average would better theirs.

Have Vale ever taken 3k away? They'll sell out the 4500 seat Hamil on a Thursday night? Vale plastics? 🤣 The absolute state of them. 

Big club mentality 

Their history is terrible 

Up,down,admin twice,chairman given prison sentences. Illegal payments to players.

Three point deduction suspended cos they didn't pay their players in June 

Here's a bit of history...first Premier league club to be relegated to the bottom dividion

They are as corrupt as they come 

Arrogance beyond belief

they are looking at it because we take crap followings there but thats more an incitement of what a dire away trip it is! Expensive, nearly always get beat, meh town, not easy to get to and we've played there most seasons.

We take about 3 times what we take to them as we do to their local rivals (Oxford).

One of those quirks like Mansfield we never usual travel that well compared to Chesterfield where we often take 1500-2000.

Big club mentality 
Their history is terrible 
Up,down,admin twice,chairman given prison sentences. Illegal payments to players.

To be fair, we've done all of that as well, bar having a chairman banged up. If Miller had stayed, we'd probably have got a full house in time

But we aren't belittling other teams like rival fans do 

I can't remember illegal payments to players or having point deductions  suspended for not paying players? 

I've always "known my place" as a Vale fan!

10 minutes ago, DazFred said:

I can't remember illegal payments to players or having point deductions  suspended for not paying players? 

We did get kicked out of the league in 1967 

Have you missed the many many posts on here this season and previously labelling pretty much every club promoted into L2 in the past 30 years as 'tinpot'?

Archived