onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: POS1 Swindon Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

9 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

Have no idea if available I'm saying I'm hoping he is available there's a difference .
As for Conlon no idea about him either what's his condition?
Bring it on SVA got a big job do down there then for the home crowd needs to get behind the team like they can do but for some reason seem incapable of maintaining the vocal support required for duration of all game on Br and Newport showing .
Step up
UTV you want Wembley the next 180 performances off the pitch just as vital as on the pitch

Conlon has a torn achilles heel problem. Depends on the severity of the tear but it can keep some players out a full season.

Advert

We've just stopped the best / second best team in the league winning the league away from home. I think we're favourites over 2 legs. We tend to bounce back in style after a poor run, and Exeter was the start of that. 

Watched Quest this morning Danny Cowley Vale the other two blokes Vale .
No pressure .
One things for sure the four sides in the play offs have all had good seasons .
It s whether we can make it great .
In fairness Swindon look very quick and sharp but we even though didn't flow the quality of our goal was absolutely phenomenal and considering we were playing the most in form team in the league and limited them too little (only saw second half )then we can go into any game now in my opinion believing we can win .
Ryan Edmondson has in all the games ive seen a terrific acquisition,and we know what Kian Harratt can do as he as done already v Swindon with a fine finish and his cameo v Mansfield was superb .
Got the feeling that JW and JP were getting there games back to where they need be if anything second half v Exeter if JW passed it instead of shooting back to JP he would have had a assist as JP was bearing down on goal in a much better position.
Taylor came on and did very well I thought he passed it intelligently and did his job well I feel he has a pass in him unlock Swindon when entering the fray at some point also .
Martin was like a man possessed blocking shots throwing himself at everything ,what a fantastic professional along with Smith and Hall they were as a one organised and resolute .
We can beat these for sure
UTV

Also when the Vale fans say put him in row Z it doesn't mean get sent off do it legally .
I'm.sure DC has a game plan for them .
Pett another week fitter as is Gibbons come Sunday.
I think we have done the right thing with Wozza giving him a breather and James Wilsons scored a great goal ,do him the world of good that and Jamie Proctor after a bit of a dip was great along with Garrity in both areas v Exeter .
Going queue up get tickets with me nephew going go at 6a.m I'm thinking hopefully it isn't humongous by then might even get myself one but I'm working all weekend nights so bit of a problem really but I might just get one anyway in case I can go
The beauty of a season ticket UTV

10 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

Correct, I can’t remember coming close to scoring from one of our long throws.  That said it is a useful tool and allows a team to keep pressure on the opposition.

First and foremost Jones needs to be in the team on merit rather than purely for his long throw. 

I remember one of Jones's throws at Forest Green this season when we beat them, he launched one  down the touchline like an exocet missile to Garrity who latched onto it cut inside and should have scored but the keeper saved it.

What is it with other teams in League Two being utterly obsessed with us recently?

If it wasn't Bristol and Walsall fans jumping onto anything Vale related, now Swindon fans are at it ridiculing our away support at their place over the last few years?

They reckon we won't sell 1,200!

Whatever happened to just focusing on your own team?!

4 hours ago, barny61 said:

I remember one of Jones's throws at Forest Green this season when we beat them, he launched one  down the touchline like an exocet missile to Garrity who latched onto it cut inside and should have scored but the keeper saved it.

Fair enough, I was at the game but don’t remember that.

Its going to be a bit nervy for me, not sure i will be able to sit in the railway second leg without having no fingernails left. Ive not seen many boring play offs games and i doubt this will be any different. There will be some mad ending in this tie for the cameras im certain. lets hope we can get the job done and get ourselves to wembley.

6 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

Fair enough, I was at the game but don’t remember that.

54 seconds in. I was there too that day.

I was more meaning an actual throw launched into the box directly, and flick on in the box when i meant no chances created but Barny is right that in this game a long throw did lead to a chance.

I don't think we can read too much into our games against them this season. Their team originally had a lot of loans and it has changed a lot throughout the season. I mentioned it in a previous post but their midfield is very strong (williams, Reed, Payne, Gladwin). Seems to be the one consistent thing throughout their season.

I've posted their lineups from our two games and their most recent game vs wallsal. Interesting how they have used a variety of formations. Also although the circumstances were very different i'd argue that both swindon and vale have had the biggest churn of players at the start of the season and throughout. It's a credit to management that we are both in the playoffs.

FIRST GAME

Screenshot_20220510-062907_Google.thumb.jpg.0aabb9a809ebb23dd6f519f2d1a4b9f7.jpg

SECOND GAME

Screenshot_20220510-062822_Google.thumb.jpg.325a04b4c792695ff2db230cdc96c6b8.jpg

THEIR MOST RECENT GAME

Screenshot_20220510-063506_Google.thumb.jpg.78fec4898b1307cbb5baf862b284bd2d.jpg

I've had a ganders at their forum. Properly getting knickers in a twist and slating us.

Somebody has even gone to the lengths of posting every single Vale away attendance this season on a Swindle forum, Think they need to get out more. 

Clearly they think they are something special and one wag says because we haven't been in the Premier league we are akin to Crawley and MK Dons.

Come on Vale any chance you can smash this entitled lot into oblivion with a 98th minute penalty winner in the 2nd leg !!!! 

2 hours ago, darren1810 said:

I've had a ganders at their forum. Properly getting knickers in a twist and slating us.

Somebody has even gone to the lengths of posting every single Vale away attendance this season on a Swindle forum, Think they need to get out more. 

Clearly they think they are something special and one wag says because we haven't been in the Premier league we are akin to Crawley and MK Dons.

Come on Vale any chance you can smash this entitled lot into oblivion with a 98th minute penalty winner in the 2nd leg !!!! 

That quote about Crawley and MK Dons was a bit like a comment The Bloatcake would make

2 hours ago, darren1810 said:

54 seconds in. I was there too that day.

I was more meaning an actual throw launched into the box directly, and flick on in the box when i meant no chances created but Barny is right that in this game a long throw did lead to a chance.

To be honest if we include any long throw, not just direct into the box, and we’ve only made one decent chance from the numerous throws Jones must’ve taken it still speaks volumes.  The flip side is that it does create that bit of added pressure, even though we haven’t capitalised.

Archived