Play-offs v Swindon Tickets

Agree with many of the comments here, The Hamil should become a home end for both the Swindon game (if possible) and next season. The live screening yesterday was brilliant, atmosphere superb, why give away teams this advantage?

• Like 7

Advert:

It’s a must that we fill the ground with home fans, not away fans. Especially with the reduced home allocation due to safety etc. 

Every other club would do the same. 

Seems daft that Vale fans could miss out on tickets but Swindon get a 4,500 allocation. 

• Like 2

Advert:

I've just read something on twitter that's triggered a distant memory.

Am I imagining things or was there a sold out away game in recent years where to get hold of a ticket from an additional allocation, the club had people write an essay about why they should get a ticket?

I haven't completely lost it have I? What game was that again?

2 minutes ago, Doha said:

I've just read something on twitter that's triggered a distant memory.

Am I imagining things or was there a sold out away game in recent years where to get hold of a ticket from an additional allocation, the club had people write an essay about why they should get a ticket?

I haven't completely lost it have I? What game was that again?

Man City.

Jesus that was weird.

5 minutes ago, Doha said:

Man City.

Jesus that was weird.

Yep.

There was also the West Brom away game (where Duffy missed his penalty) where, to be guaranteed tickets, you had to go on official coaches. The only time I've ever been on one.

The Man City 'beg for a ticket' idea was miles wide of the mark.

Yep.
There was also the West Brom away game (where Duffy missed his penalty) where, to be guaranteed tickets, you had to go on official coaches. The only time I've ever been on one.
The Man City 'beg for a ticket' idea was miles wide of the mark.
A simple question of 'name a member of the current Port Vale squad apart from Tom Pope' would have weeded about 4000 of those fairweathers out. That or 'what is the admission price to any area of Vale Park'
  • Like 1

That looks very promising lorne Street it is for Swindon fans that holds about 1600 and that's all there expected bring .
As for that comment on Vale do not bring many to Swindon over the years it's probably cause its always the most overpriced away day .
For a massive play off game with us being SVA of course it's going sell out coach places are already filling up .

Advert:

Posted (edited)

Fun Bus has already sold out 4 coaches, and are running a 5th.

Is it not a risk that some of those booking on won't get tickets?

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 2

Fun Bus has already sold out 4 coaches, and are running a 5th.
Is it not a risk that some of those booking on won't get tickets?
I've just said to me lad and nephew do you fancy going but 1 season ticket and 1 ten match doesn't stretch to 3 or I'd be booking go on one .
Thats the concern folk will be booking on coaches left right and centre but will they get a ticket

14 minutes ago, bomber said:

I suppose the question is still can we play in front of a big crowd? If we are going to progress then we need to!

We did fine at Valley Parade when playing in front of our largest crowd of the season.

• Like 2

Glad the club are looking into swapping the Lorne Street and Hamil as the Hamil easily offers the best acoustics in the ground.

Also makes sense to give ourselves the extra 2,000 tickets for the home game as they won’t fill the Hamil on a Thursday night and the Lorne St would offer a far more comparable allocation to whatever we get from them.

• Like 2

Advert:

4 hours ago, onestepatatime said:

Also as far as the future is concerned, or at least next season Vale have already sold season tickets for Lorne Street/ Railway Paddock/Stand so again that cannot be reversed. If we are promoted we face having 4,000 appx away fans for the big games in a 10,000 maybe capacity stadium.

Not if we crack on and raise the money for the LS concourse. Those 2,500 brand new seats would really help bring the home/away proportions up. I know there's the John Rudge statue initiative but while that's a great idea it is three years till his 80th birthday.  I would argue that surely the immediate focus for the supporters club (and all fans) should be to complete the LS fundraising and then return to the statue fundraising efforts. Regardless of what else happens around the ground, we should be looking to get those 2,500 extra seats into use for the start of next season. Then crack on with the Rudgie fundraising.

Here's a link BTW - 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Is it ok to get the buckets out at the RW concert or is it bad form at a charity gig?

There'll be people getting far worse out.

• Haha 2