Play-offs v Swindon Tickets

Posted (edited)

Disappointing perhaps, but for additional perspective, we had basically 20 years of mismanagement, so whilst the core support (the 4-5k diehards) has remained strong, it's going to take a heck of a lot longer to rebuild the latent/casual support in the area so that they're sufficiently interested to go to even the bigger games.

The general malaise around the club and decline in the match-day experience has resulted in low attendances for years; this season is actually only the second time this century that we've broken 6k as an average home attendance (the other being 13/14). So whilst we might be disappointed that more aren't turning out this week, it is still a big uplift compared to a couple of years ago, and we are going in the right direction.

We're not tinpot, we're not massive, we're just fairly big for L2, and it's going to take another few years of hard work on and off the field to get us back to being fairly big for L1, as we were the last time the play-offs came to Boslem.

KTF. UTV.

Edited by Clayts
  • Like 2

Advert:

Just seen the arrangements for away fans on Thursday and it baffles me why we've decided having the hamil for home fans. It must be costing us a fortune to police that. I presumed they would have synetics car park right next to the bycars, but their walking them up from Dimensions. That's a lot of dimly lit pathway the police have got to cover. Wonder why we couldn't use the far car park on synectics for away fans and charge them for the pleasure? That map the police have just put on twitter looks like an open invitation to local knuckle draggers who fancy lobbing a few bottles. A lot of police going to be needed to heard 2000 away fans down there.

Talking of ticketing my locals not happy, Leicester new ST and match tickets up 10%,
now all on mobile but cards can be requested, but upto 3 matches on STs can be re-sold. We can but dream.

Just seen the arrangements for away fans on Thursday and it baffles me why we've decided having the hamil for home fans. It must be costing us a fortune to police that. I presumed they would have synetics car park right next to the bycars, but their walking them up from Dimensions. That's a lot of dimly lit pathway the police have got to cover. Wonder why we couldn't use the far car park on synectics for away fans and charge them for the pleasure? That map the police have just put on twitter looks like an open invitation to local knuckle draggers who fancy lobbing a few bottles. A lot of police going to be needed to heard 2000 away fans down there.
Costs charged as expenses, match income pooled. A test of the Hamil roar, worth doing as a test for a singing section creation there?

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, connor hackett said:

There is onle one gate on synectics car park they would have to walk through the vale fans going in the railway stand.

• Like 1

Advert:

27 minutes ago, connor hackett said:

Because the atmosphere it generates is by far the best in the ground, and it could make a huge difference on Thursday. The Railway sounds good when you're in it but the rest of the ground can barely hear it. 500 away fans sound louder so 2000+ more Swindon certainly would. The club have done their bit, now it's up to the fans.

From a security point of view I think this should improve the situation. Vale fans heading to Burslem or up the Hamil won't come across away fans. If fans need to go in the Stanfields direction can go across Dolly's Lane. If heading towards Scotia Road can go down the Hamil. 

It's different and people aren't used to it, but personaly don't see any reason why this shouldn't become a permanent thing.

• Like 4

Costs charged as expenses, match income pooled. A test of the Hamil roar, worth doing as a test for a singing section creation there?

I do like the idea of the Hamil as a home end, I've moved from the railway into there for Thursday. But for it to be permanent there needs to be a trouble free evening. Maybe I've watched too many Netflix movies, because my first thoughts were, great place for an ambush!! Best case scenario from a policing point of view, a vale win, vale fans still I the ground 30 mins after the whistle.

14 minutes ago, hamilboy said:

There is onle one gate on synectics car park they would have to walk through the vale fans going in the railway stand.

There used to be a pedestrian gate the bycars end of Synectics car park and also a huge double gate big enough to fit lorries through delivering to discount giant.

Because the atmosphere it generates is by far the best in the ground, and it could make a huge difference on Thursday. The Railway sounds good when you're in it but the rest of the ground can barely hear it. 500 away fans sound louder so 2000+ more Swindon certainly would. The club have done their bit, now it's up to the fans.
From a security point of view I think this should improve the situation. Vale fans heading to Burslem or up the Hamil won't come across away fans. If fans need to go in the Stanfields direction can go across Dolly's Lane. If heading towards Scotia Road can go down the Hamil. 
It's different and people aren't used to it, but personaly don't see any reason why this shouldn't become a permanent thing.
Agree with you, it just looks like a recipe for trouble down there.
  • Like 1

Advert:

6 minutes ago, valeblue said:

I can see carnage Thursday I’m afraid 

Why are people so scared of change? Away fans sat in the Railway Stand corner for years. I only remember mother with Bolton. Even Stoke were in there in 93 with no big issues. Wolves had the bycars in 2000. Southampton only had the corner of the stand. No issues.

Just now, Family Stand Terrier said:

Why are people so scared of change? Away fans sat in the Railway Stand corner for years. I only remember mother with Bolton. Even Stoke were in there in 93 with no big issues. Wolves had the bycars in 2000. Southampton only had the corner of the stand. No issues.

Not inside the ground granted 

Hope your right, and I'd love the Hamil to become permanent. Maybe I'm doing Burslems finest a disservice, let's hope for a vale win and a trouble free evening.
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

At every away ground apart from ours the away end is furthest from the town and you have to walk past their fans to get to it , why should we be different. 

Edited by bycars rob
  • Like 1

Advert:

10 minutes ago, Family Stand Terrier said:

I think we had bit of bother when Millwall were in the Railway though. 

At every away ground apart from ours the away end is furthest from the town and you have to walk past their fans to get to it , why should we be different. 
I'm probably over thinking it. Most Saturdays there's only a couple hundred away fans at Vale anyway. Just thought the was this game is building its potential tinder box. I've done too many risk assessments at work lately
  • Like 1