Play-offs v Swindon Tickets

Ok, let’s use Salford away as an example then.  We can sell out more tickets in the away end there than we’ve been given to sell for a playoff semifinal at Swindon.  It may be a moot point anyway as for all I know the Swindon tickets may well have all gone.
Distance and cost of travel, ease of buying tickets?

Advert:

21 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Ok, let’s use Salford away as an example then.  We can sell out more tickets in the away end there than we’ve been given to sell for a playoff semifinal at Swindon.  It may be a moot point anyway as for all I know the Swindon tickets may well have all gone.

We had considerably less than 2,200 for Salford??

They’ve been open 9-7 two days this week.
I was referring to purchasing away tickets in general every week throughout the season not just this week which is a complete one off. I noticed Swindon's ticket office opening hours are 10-6 which at least gives your average Joe one hour after work to call or visit.

isn't the main reason we didn't sell out that no one could plan their journey to Swindon or any time off work they needed until they'd bought tickets, which only went on sale 3 days before the match, and only in person.

I missed the chance to swap my Sunday shift for Friday cos I only managed get a ticket last night, so I've got to get back to SE London for work at 5pm still, and I'm one of the lucky ones.

34 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

We’d already got tickets for that game and we only had 1300 ish anyway? 

Advert:

Went to collect mine today as live in Milton Keynes so thankfully someone in the ticket office called me back yesterday evening and took payment over the phone. Well up for it now.

Seemed a fair few people when I got there were getting tickets for the home leg and the fanzone tomorrow.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, wotsyobeef said:
1 hour ago, Conrad said:
They’ve been open 9-7 two days this week.

I was referring to purchasing away tickets in general every week throughout the season not just this week which is a complete one off. I noticed Swindon's ticket office opening hours are 10-6 which at least gives your average Joe one hour after work to call or visit.

Fair enough, a lot of the problem for this match has been down to the short notice, no one knew this time last week that this match was taking place.

Ive not been an away game this season because of concerns of travelling on a coach full of people, but pre covid I did 5 consecutive seasons every game and could always get my away ticket 2 weeks in advance, usually on a Saturday when I was at vp for a home game.

• Like 1

Not sold out apparently and sent tickets back and no pay on the day which I find ridiculous as folks at last minute could decide go they may take there dog out at 6a.m in morning see 2 magpies and go I'm going now etc .
Anyway I know 1700 are defo going ,not sure who believe I'm hearing all kinds of stuff handful left (unless it's a Kenny everett hand doubt theres a lot left )500 200 100 25 .
Shame didn't sell them all for Carol but if we win and win Thurs I'm sure she won't care as Wembley hopefully we take a lot lot more
UTV

• Like 1

I'm guessing people are contemplating the awaiting costs of Wembley and of course the second leg. Clearly petrol costs are an aspect too for those who choose this option instead of Trains or Coaches. Either way its the travel that limits people. We need positivity now lets get behind the lads.

Not sold out apparently and sent tickets back and no pay on the day which I find ridiculous as folks at last minute could decide go they may take there dog out at 6a.m in morning see 2 magpies and go I'm going now etc .
Anyway I know 1700 are defo going ,not sure who believe I'm hearing all kinds of stuff handful left (unless it's a Kenny everett hand doubt theres a lot left )500 200 100 25 .
Shame didn't sell them all for Carol but if we win and win Thurs I'm sure she won't care as Wembley hopefully we take a lot lot more
UTV

Swindon sold out so locals could buy them and cause trouble in away end.
  • Confused 1

Advert:

Having previously made panicy posts about not being able to get my season ticket seat, I am now pleased to say that I have secured my ticket. Sent email to the ticket office manager who replied and arranged for someone to call me. 

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:
1 hour ago, Breadwinner said:

Swindon sold out so locals could buy them and cause trouble in away end.

They’d have to be very brave, there was only “a handful” of tickets left  first thing this morning.

so a handful of Swindle fans V close on 2200 vale.

Edited by Conrad

There will be people like myself who'd love to be there, but due to illness, I can no longer stand for the best part of two hours on an open terrace exposed to the elements. I'll be there on Thursday in my seat. 

It’s seated

Advert: