Play-offs v Swindon Tickets

Really? Despite the fact that we were always going to lose and it was the third round, as opposed to a real chance to back the team for a promotion push, the first in a decade? Think that says it all really

No doubt this is the more important game , but not as desirable to attend in person for some.

It’s on a Sunday , on sky , 12 kick off , no direct train , not a good night out after , these are things fans I guess take into consideration when travelling away.

Bloody hope we win though
  • Like 1

Advert:

19 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

I understand times are really tough for some fans but come on we can take 8k to Man City are you trying to tell me over 6k of those are now, for want of a better term, on the breadline?

There are parts of SoT where 50%+ of children under 18 live in poverty. And the cost of living continues to increase.

I don’t blame anyone who puts feeding their family ahead of going the game.

• Like 3

Is it me or has there been around 500 tickets avaliable for like 3 days. A mystery. Thought we'd sell these out in hours. Obs we ain't as big as we think and definitely don't need a loyalty scheme. Surprised they even made it too general sale and with an hour to go they still are.

• Confused 2

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Really? Despite the fact that we were always going to lose and it was the third round, as opposed to a real chance to back the team for a promotion push, the first in a decade? Think that says it all really

Not really. Nothing will be decided tomorrow, whereas Man City was a) more glamorous day to watch some of the best footballers in the WORLD b) cheaper c) on a Saturday d) not on TV and e) effectively a knock out tie and our final…. so I think you’re comparing apples with oranges.

Edited by Biddulph_PV
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, philmpv said:

We had never played at the Etihad,  only ever likely to play there in a Cup competition, whereas Swindon is a regular league ground at least 3 times as far away.    

• Like 1

Advert:

2 minutes ago, Vale Ball said:

Shouldn't be harsh on anyone who's Vale, but has to pick and choose their games.

Play-Offs are expensive, 3 games of which 2 involve travel over 100 miles. How often in a season do 1000 fans travel to grounds greater than 60 miles away?

Advert:

19 minutes ago, saintvaliant said:

There are parts of SoT where 50%+ of children under 18 live in poverty. And the cost of living continues to increase.

I don’t blame anyone who puts feeding their family ahead of going the game.

I think you’re missing the point.  Quite simply some fans aren’t going because it’s easy not to due to TV coverage.  Simple as that.

40 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

I understand times are really tough for some fans but come on we can take 8k to Man City are you trying to tell me over 6k of those are now, for want of a better term, on the breadline?

Man City was a very rare chance to visit a Premier League ground.  It was only 30 miles away, wasn't live on the telly and there was no chance of another game against the same team five days later.  Our previous two games had been at home rather than 200 miles away.  And we didn't have the chance of having to cough up for Wembley should we get there.

I fully understand why folk prioritse their cash at the moment and don't blame them at all.  If you are fortunate enough to be able to afford all this expenditure you shouldn't criticise those who can't.

• Like 6

49 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Ray, the reason that so many ppl went to the Etihad was that it was the FA Cup, a Premiership stadium and probably one the Worlds greatest teams littered with world class footballers. I’ve called them ppl and not fans because I know ppl who only went because of the reasons I’ve listed above. I know some ppl who got tickets who’ve never been to VP before and haven’t been since. Then we’ve had Covid the Russian invasion of the Ukraine. This game is for fans of PVFC. KOYW

• Like 3

We may well sell out but if not over 2000 and close to a sell out is superb considering its on the telly, is an open end with no roof and therefore no atmosphere, you'll get soaked, is in bloody Swindon, is an early kick off on a Sunday, and is just generally going to be a crap experience. We have the bigger game on Thursday at home that everyone is paying to go to so, unless you're a bit barmy, the majority will be watching this one on the box. I'm one of them. To be honest you won't get me going to Swindon away ever again, not even if my life depended on it, I'd throw the towel in - never again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Advert:

On 12/05/2022 at 18:49, Jacko51 said:

You weren’t there in the queue between 3.15 and 3.55 this afternoon then???  I didn’t see you. 

Jacko - you're a terrific fan, the epitomy of what makes football great in this country.

But, you're not convincing me that you gambled on missing our first play off match since 1993. You'll have known in advance that you had a ticket put aside for you, and you will have picked it up in a brown envelope with your name on the front.

5 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

And still having to sell today even with all their additional facilities.

I said yesterday that over the season they took an average of 13 more fans to away games. Wow!

Our fans do travel in numbers and I don't go to many away games so Walsall is the one I usually go but I knew there'd be no chance this season.

I'm looking forward to going to the home game on Thursday. I'd love our crowd to get behind the team all of the match and cheer us to victory.

However it's one game at a time so I'll go for my 2 hour walk tomorrow and keep away from the match. It worked last week!

2 hours ago, DaneValiant said:

Are the Swindon fans being given the full length of the Bycars (or in the half right next to the Lorne Street)? I have a spare season ticket seat and my wife wants to come. But I don't think it's her best starting point if she's sitting in seat 38 with a bunch of teenage Two-Can Van Dammes sat as close as possible to home fans after having a few lager tops...

I imagine that the whole front section (ie, anything below the walkway) will be netted off, so away fans are nowhere near any home fans.