Play-offs v Swindon Tickets

It’s immaterial whether or not they are Lorne street ST holders season tickets are not valid for this game.

Good point, forgot about that seeing as it’s so long since we’ve been involved in the play-offs. In that case as there’s no Vale fans to upset simply allocate the Lorne Street to them and Vale fans have Railway/Bycars/Hamil

Advert:

Good point, forgot about that seeing as it’s so long since we’ve been involved in the play-offs. In that case as there’s no Vale fans to upset simply allocate the Lorne Street to them and Vale fans have Railway/Bycars/Hamil
Don't see why that's not possible, use the far end of the lorne street car park for away coaches, and let home fans have the Hamil.
I doubt the police would accommodate this though.
  • Like 1

Don't see why that's not possible, use the far end of the lorne street car park for away coaches, and let home fans have the Hamil.
I doubt the police would accommodate this though.
Need to raise it quickly with the club
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, tommytunstall said:

Do we give Swindle 4500 for the Hamil, that is a lot, can we not accommodate them elsewhere and get the Hamil rocking with Vale fans,

No 

Give em 1200 

Sod em

• Like 1

Advert:

Interesting one this.....Take the money off Swindon, don't know what the revenue would be from a full Hamil but it would be a nice little pay day.....or give them what they give us 1200......Stuff 'em give them 1200......Sorry Kevin needs must !

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

As already said, just limit them to 1200 at our place. Never mind the money from the gate receipts, if them having a reduced allocation means it gives them less of an advantage then do it Carol.  Our home fans capacity is less than 10,000 isn’t it due to stadium restrictions? So if we gave them the full hamill end that means that near enough 50% of the fans attending would be away fans, that’s not right at all, I don’t think we should do that. 

Edited by PV1973
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

As already said, just limit them to 1200 at our place. Never mind the money from the gate receipts, if them having a reduced allocation means it gives them less of an advantage then do it Carol.  Our home fans capacity is less than 10,000 isn’t it due to stadium restrictions? So if we gave them the full hamill end that means that near enough 50% of the fans attending would be away fans, that’s not right at all, I don’t think we should do that. 

This. They absolutely should not have a single ticket over what we have to give them. No more playing nice from us as far as I’m concerned. Find somewhere in the most restricted view section we can find and give them the bare minimum. The Hamil should be the home end going forward.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Guppys left peg said:

This. They absolutely should not have a single ticket over what we have to give them. No more playing nice from us as far as I’m concerned. Find somewhere in the most restricted view section we can find and give them the bare minimum. The Hamil should be the home end going forward.

In the league game in January Swindon brought 700 fans.

Give em 1200...it's almost double what they brought before.

Use every advantage possible. It's not about the money...chances are it's on Sky anyway so Vale will get money 

I really don't want a repeat of the Bristol game where their players are backed by over 2000 fans.

Remember the Southampton FA cup game at home? Let home fans have the Hamil End and stick the Swindon fans in the top of the Railway. I'm sure Vale fans in the Paddock won't mind for one game

• Like 2

Advert:

Anyone know the cash splits for play offs?  I have a feeling vale only get 25% of the takings  ( maybe out of date?)  Makes even more sense to reduce swindon support.  Big club swindle, 1200 visitors,  little port vale, 4000 visitors.  Wrong

26 minutes ago, DazFred said:

Use every advantage possible. It's not about the money...chances are it's on Sky anyway so Vale will get money 

I really don't want a repeat of the Bristol game where their players are backed by over 2000 fans.

Remember the Southampton FA cup game at home? Let home fans have the Hamil End and stick the Swindon fans in the top of the Railway. I'm sure Vale fans in the Paddock won't mind for one game

Yep that Southampton cup night remember it well. We stuck their fans up in that old cage they used to have in the Railway. Obviously wouldn’t be allowed do that these days but put them in the Lorne Street and then home fans at either end. It’s always bugged me that the Hamil is the stand with the best acoustics so why are we giving that to away teams. Let’s make home advantage mean something

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, DazFred said:

Sticking Swindle fans in the Railway could be a recipe for disaster.

Posted (edited)

The most straightforward and cost effective way to do this is put them in the Lorne Street to reciprocate their small allocation allowance, Vale pack out the Hamil with access via the Paddock. Away end car park segregated as normal, from there Swindon walk round to the LS. Line of stewards on Bycars lane to segregate that side. 

This is perfectly doable with some initiative and common sense decision making. Even segregated off behind the Hamil end for the benefit of the Police (to the detriment of home fans queueing times)

There's absolutely no way Swindon would be allowed in the Railway Stand as mentioned above. The club is being difficult this season about just trying to get bloody Vale fans in there, nevermind an away side. 

Edited by Doha
  • Like 1

Let's give them the Lorne Street,the other 3 ends Vale and open the family stand and fill every space and create a atmosphere fitting for a team heading to the final (one hopes ).
You've earned this Carol you and your staff,make sure the away following for them is the same allocated to us, from them the only problem with giving limited tickets especially if first leg ends 0-0 is they might try buy in our ends but I think we should use the hamil as a home end moving forwards and be great have great noise all around the ground for the Vale .

UTV

Advert:

Giving the away fans the Lorne St won’t comply with the ground’s safety certificate so won’t happen as there’s insufficient time to get this reviewed before the game.

"TO QUALIFY" (365)....

VALE  4/7

SWINDLETON 5/4

MANSFIELD 11/10

NORTHAMPTON 4/6

Part of the reason for this is that Vale & Northampton are at home in the second leg.....

We should give Swindon exactly the SAME number of tickets as they give to us.....