• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Play-offs v Swindon Tickets

Advert:

Posted (edited)
Just now, chrisbirchall said:

Swindon have announced their ticket details on their Twitter page and they have given us all behind the goal.

Not clear if we get the usual corner of the Arkell's stand as well. If we do, it'd be 3,400 tickets in total.

2,200 if just the Bank.

Edited by Joe B

6 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Not clear if we get the usual corner of the Arkell's stand as well. If we do, it'd be 3,400 tickets in total.

2,200 if just the Bank.

Think there are rules on having to give covered seating to away fans as well, which means they'd have to give us the Arkell's as well. I imagine it's part of the deal where they we get that and they get the whole of the Hamil.

55 minutes ago, connor hackett said:

Give them 20 tickets for the wall by the carpark side of the Hamil. That's where I used to sit in the 80's

And me.

Then go in to watch the last 20 mins

• Like 2

Just now, gavcradd said:

Think there are rules on having to give covered seating to away fans as well, which means they'd have to give us the Arkell's as well. I imagine it's part of the deal where they we get that and they get the whole of the Hamil.

Would make the most sense for all. I can live with 3,400 v 4,000. We get a fair allocation and we don't have to spend money/time sorting out movement of fans for the home leg. 

Hopefully sense has prevailed. 

Advert:

I'm not expecting them to put a roof on between now and Sunday but their away end doesn't compare to ours. It's almost impossible to make any noise there. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, DazFred said:

On their website it says Stratton Bank only...that's 2200.

Give them the same...2200

It says only away fans will be in the Stratton Bank, not that that's the only place away fans will go.

EFL rules is at least 200 away tickets have to be under cover (article 34.3 of the EFL regulations), so it would seem (after hankering), the agreement is Stratton Bank + corner of Arkells (around 3500 tickets) in return for the full Hamil in the 2nd leg. Completely fair and sensible - each club can maximise revenue and be fair to away fans without major logistical challenges.

1955536550_Screenshot2022-05-09at13_54_40.thumb.png.2fa5750dda9ac0cee0adbd16b7f7d4ed.png

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Joe B said:

It says only away fans will be in the Stratton Bank, not that that's the only place away fans will go.

EFL rules is at least 200 away tickets have to be under cover, so it would seem (after hankering), the agreement is Stratton Bank + corner of Arkells (around 3500 tickets) in return for the full Hamil in the 2nd leg. 

That's better for us then! 

I can't see them bringing 4000 on a Thursday night but it's a fairer ratio than only 1200

EFL rules is at least 200 away tickets have to be under cover (article 34.3 of the EFL regulations), so it would seem (after hankering), the agreement is Stratton Bank + corner of Arkells (around 3500 tickets) in return for the full Hamil in the 2nd leg. Completely fair and sensible - each club can maximise revenue and be fair to away fans without major logistical challenges.
1955536550_Screenshot2022-05-09at13_54_40.thumb.png.2fa5750dda9ac0cee0adbd16b7f7d4ed.png
Hope your right Joe, there might actually be some tickets left after I finish work.

Advert:

4 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

I can see this coming down to disposable incomes and can’t see Swindle bringing many for the return leg. They’ll hopefully be trailing so won’t think it’s worth coming or the unthinkable factor is they’ll do a job on us and won’t come because they’ll think, job done. Save the money for the final. I also think ZVale fans may hold back on buying tickets for the home tie, with it being on Sky and waiting for the result of the first game

You’re probably right. In fact, the Semi final is a pointless game unless you win and get to Wembley when it matters. That’s what I am saving for. I have Sky, but no way can I afford to pay on the gate for the semi too in the same month! It has been expensive enough sadly. Plus season ticket fees and new shirts and I follow membership etc means I have to prioritise somewhere. 

Only if the tie is heavily poised may I bite the bullet and go to the Semi in person. 

Advert:

Posted (edited)

Baffling. They haven't given us any covered seating (which is seemingly EFL rules) and only half what they could get at ours.

We need to restrict their following to the same, even if that means leaving half of the Hamil empty. The 50k we'd miss out on is dwarfed by the financial benefits of winning, and we need every advantage to ensure it happens. Having 4,000 Swindon fans in one stand vs 8,700 Vale fans in three stands is a recipe for a neutral atmosphere.

Their fans are also convinced we 'won't sell out', which is massively ill-informed. They'll be gone on the first day of sale.

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

Nah. Give them 2,199......never forget the 2004 stitch-up! 🤣

We probably only need to give them 10% of the safe seating capacity, what ever that is.