onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Play-offs v Swindon Tickets

Joe B

Advert

3 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

I agree with that.Ive just had a very quick count and very approximately there’s just over 2000 available in the Lorne,RP and RS combined.

I think if you could/ can pay on the day people would go. Some people might fancy it being a nice night and a cup game u might get a few stokies down or people who havnt been before. At the end of the day that's the only way to attract new supporters. We are trying to increase our attendances with basically our current fanbase ain't gonna happen we only get 5-6k normally when we doing well and prob have 8k proper fans tops.

30 minutes ago, Rory said:
54 minutes ago, Family Stand Terrier said:
Completely agree. The owners deserve a full house, and so does Darrell. Last home game of the season after years of misery, play off semi final. We have to be looking at 10k home fans minimum. Sell out ideally.
I am a bit confused though when considering all of the following;
- number of seats available on the website
- 8k+ sold so far
- 3k+ confirmed in the Hamil
Then think back to the Newport game. 8,700 Vale fans at the game apparently. There couldn't have been any less than 2,500 in the bycars, and bar a few hundred seats the Railway and Lorne St were full.
Going off the above, something doesn't add up. Either; the available tickets is wrong, the 8k sold is wrong, and/or the Newport attendance was wrong.

The Paddock/Stand weren't anywhere near that full. It looks about right to me.

Like I said, bar a few hundred seats. You couldn't have fit thousands in there. We know the issues re capacity limits etc, but there was a lot more in than there currently seems to be for Thursday.

So my point is, if there were 8.7k v Newport, we've sold over 8k for Thursday with 3k going in the Hamil (similar to Bycars v Newport) why are so many seats still available in the Railway and Lorne St?

With out doubt trying to be fair to all has back fired a bit. Maybe should have been all on general sale from the off or just give the season ticket holders one day to claim ! We have made it harder than it needs to be to get a ticket, and disadvantaged the worker and out of area fans. All I suppose a learning curve.

With out doubt trying to be fair to all has back fired a bit. Maybe should have been all on general sale from the off or just give the season ticket holders one day to claim ! We have made it harder than it needs to be to get a ticket, and disadvantaged the worker and out of area fans. All I suppose a learning curve.
Away tickets I can understand but everyone has had plenty of time to get a ticket for the home game.

7 minutes ago, bomber said:

The problem is making games all ticket distracts the supporter from attending great when u are guaranteed a full house but not so when u aren't selling the tickets and because we dont have many proper fans we suffer. I remember a game in I think 89/90 afainst west brom which we made all ticket and we attracted a poor attendance of 7 thousand many less than expected as people couldn't pay on the day and policing costs were through the roof. We are only really going to get more people through the gate if we try and make it as inclusive as possible for everyone to attend. I suppose having a 3rd of the ground not open partly condemned dosnt help and I'm sure the owners will want to put this right going forward. Another thing is when the organisation and ticketing arrangements are poor which it was against bristol puts the supporter off attending. This can all be put right I'm sure with time and money going forward. But this could be another reason why a few people are not going. 

5 minutes ago, JimmyPVFC said:

The problem is making games all ticket distracts the supporter from attending great when u are guaranteed a full house but not so when u aren't selling the tickets and because we dont have many proper fans we suffer. I remember a game in I think 89/90 afainst west brom which we made all ticket and we attracted a poor attendance of 7 thousand many less than expected as people couldn't pay on the day and policing costs were through the roof. We are only really going to get more people through the gate if we try and make it as inclusive as possible for everyone to attend. I suppose having a 3rd of the ground not open partly condemned dosnt help and I'm sure the owners will want to put this right going forward. Another thing is when the organisation and ticketing arrangements are poor which it was against bristol puts the supporter off attending. This can all be put right I'm sure with time and money going forward. But this could be another reason why a few people are not going. 

And to add for example u are a stoke city supporter and there are a few who will go and watch the vale, I was talking to a guy at the station who was one against bristol you expect more for your 20 quid today than you did 30/40 yrs ago and certainly not the ticketing fiasco and long queues we had on the day. People want and expect the whole matchday experience  and if we dont sort it they havnt got to go far to get one. Again not a criticism of the owners as this is all new just highlighting what needs sorting going forward.

Five lads from work, none of whom are Vale fans all said they’d go the home leg but have no way of getting tickets as they’re not on the database. Luckily I offered to get them tickets. How many fans aren’t bothering because of this I wonder? Fair weather fans are hardly going to pester people to get them tickets. 

Surely anyone can walk up and buy tickets before the match? If so then the club need to come out on Thursday afternoon and say how many are available to encourage last-minute walk-ups; by that time it will be too late for Swindon fans to travel in the hope of getting tickets in the home end?

Five lads from work, none of whom are Vale fans all said they’d go the home leg but have no way of getting tickets as they’re not on the database. Luckily I offered to get them tickets. How many fans aren’t bothering because of this I wonder? Fair weather fans are hardly going to pester people to get them tickets. 

Fair play to you and how it should be .
Lets not be judgemental let's take the money off whoever and fill the ground I'm.sure you are not the only one who's done that as our usual attendance for a night match in the main when we were average to mediocre was 3500 its gone up to about 4500 this season so if we are at 9000 sold by end of today we have doubled our average attendance for a night match
UTV

Archived