onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Play-offs v Swindon Tickets

Joe B

Because the atmosphere it generates is by far the best in the ground, and it could make a huge difference on Thursday. The Railway sounds good when you're in it but the rest of the ground can barely hear it. 500 away fans sound louder so 2000+ more Swindon certainly would. The club have done their bit, now it's up to the fans.
From a security point of view I think this should improve the situation. Vale fans heading to Burslem or up the Hamil won't come across away fans. If fans need to go in the Stanfields direction can go across Dolly's Lane. If heading towards Scotia Road can go down the Hamil. 
It's different and people aren't used to it, but personaly don't see any reason why this shouldn't become a permanent thing.
Agree with you, it just looks like a recipe for trouble down there.

Advert

6 minutes ago, valeblue said:

I can see carnage Thursday I’m afraid 

Why are people so scared of change? Away fans sat in the Railway Stand corner for years. I only remember mother with Bolton. Even Stoke were in there in 93 with no big issues. Wolves had the bycars in 2000. Southampton only had the corner of the stand. No issues.

Just now, Family Stand Terrier said:

Why are people so scared of change? Away fans sat in the Railway Stand corner for years. I only remember mother with Bolton. Even Stoke were in there in 93 with no big issues. Wolves had the bycars in 2000. Southampton only had the corner of the stand. No issues.

Not inside the ground granted 

Hope your right, and I'd love the Hamil to become permanent. Maybe I'm doing Burslems finest a disservice, let's hope for a vale win and a trouble free evening.

10 minutes ago, Family Stand Terrier said:

I think we had bit of bother when Millwall were in the Railway though. 

At every away ground apart from ours the away end is furthest from the town and you have to walk past their fans to get to it , why should we be different. 
I'm probably over thinking it. Most Saturdays there's only a couple hundred away fans at Vale anyway. Just thought the was this game is building its potential tinder box. I've done too many risk assessments at work lately

1 hour ago, Fosse69 said:

Talking of ticketing my locals not happy, Leicester new ST and match tickets up 10%,
now all on mobile but cards can be requested, but upto 3 matches on STs can be re-sold. We can but dream.

I understand they have been freezed for the past 7 years though and you get the to watch premier league football. Compared to previous owners they have had I think these ones really do care about there supporters, i.e free pies and a pint at certain games etc. But we have great owners now too. In the dark days of the mid/late 80s my dad used to take me occasionally living in leics but that stopped after they decided they were going to charge a 7 yr old full price 7 quid I think it was to watch Charlton in the top flight with about 7 thousand in the ground because we turned up on the day of the game. I know alot of fans turned the back on them too because of the way they were treated for a variety Having really good owners is critical to the success of the football club is just a shame we carnt sell these dam tickets to repay our owners in some way for what they have done.

I must admit it is making me chuckle reading numerous posts attempting to justifying not selling out both games (we may sell out the home game but it looks unlikely). If the shoe was on the other foot we would be ridiculing Swindon. 

The notion has always been that a wider potential fan base has been there. Meaning that so called fair weather fans will be attracted to success and the big games. Well our last play off game was in 1993, so a whole generation of loyal Vale fans, part time Vale fans, potential Vale fans, mates of Vale fans etc etc haven’t seen one. If we aren’t going to capture them now, when are we? There should also be a fair number of locals who are football fans but support neither Vale or Stoke who could be attracted to this fixture - is the database thing having an impact?

It’s disappointing to be honest and frustrating. It’s a play off semi final with a chance of getting to Wembley - this comes around nearly every 30 years clearly. Carol probably expected us to sell out both games easily. There’s been a lot of noise on here regarding tickets, attendances, allocations over the last few weeks. Some of which has probably over shadowed the football and has proved unnecessary. 

18 minutes ago, JimmyPVFC said:

I understand they have been freezed for the past 7 years though and you get the to watch premier league football. Compared to previous owners they have had I think these ones really do care about there supporters, i.e free pies and a pint at certain games etc. But we have great owners now too. In the dark days of the mid/late 80s my dad used to take me occasionally living in leics but that stopped after they decided they were going to charge a 7 yr old full price 7 quid I think it was to watch Charlton in the top flight with about 7 thousand in the ground because we turned up on the day of the game. I know alot of fans turned the back on them too because of the way they were treated for a variety Having really good owners is critical to the success of the football club is just a shame we carnt sell these dam tickets to repay our owners in some way for what they have done.

Completely agree. The owners deserve a full house, and so does Darrell. Last home game of the season after years of misery, play off semi final. We have to be looking at 10k home fans minimum. Sell out ideally.

I am a bit confused though when considering all of the following;

- number of seats available on the website

- 8k+ sold so far

- 3k+ confirmed in the Hamil

Then think back to the Newport game. 8,700 Vale fans at the game apparently. There couldn't have been any less than 2,500 in the bycars, and bar a few hundred seats the Railway and Lorne St were full.

Going off the above, something doesn't add up. Either; the available tickets is wrong, the 8k sold is wrong, and/or the Newport attendance was wrong.

Completely agree. The owners deserve a full house, and so does Darrell. Last home game of the season after years of misery, play off semi final. We have to be looking at 10k home fans minimum. Sell out ideally.
- 8k+ sold so far
Then think back to the Newport game. 8,700 Vale fans at the game apparently. There couldn't have been any less than 2,500 in the bycars, and bar a few hundred seats the Railway and Lorne St were full.
Going off the above, something doesn't add up. Either; the available tickets is wrong, the 8k sold is wrong, and/or the Newport attendance was wrong.
The Paddock/Stand weren't anywhere near that full. It looks about right to me.

8 minutes ago, Rory said:
32 minutes ago, Family Stand Terrier said:
- 8k+ sold so far

I was in the railway  sitting at the back against bristol there were loads of empty seats around me some were reserved ST holders.

12 minutes ago, Rory said:
36 minutes ago, Family Stand Terrier said:
- 8k+ sold so far

I agree with that.Ive just had a very quick count and very approximately there’s just over 2000 available in the Lorne,RP and RS combined.

Archived