onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Play-offs v Swindon Tickets

Joe B

Can you pay on the day, walk up an hour prior to kick off & get a ticket?
Just go on Port Vale ifollow click on tickets it will ask you for a email and password once in click on Port Vale shop and go to tickets again click on the game you want see Port Vale v Swindon click on area of ground you wish sit no bycars for this game choose your age and get a e ticket take it the ground and the turnstile operator will scan it .
In the ground as simple as making porridge no queuing for tickets (home spot on,away yes we know that's a nightmare )and presto you in the ground fist pumping like DC and hopefully 12 thousand more showing the passion he and Carol do for Vale and you sorted Happy days and see a fantastic win
UTV

Advert

12 hours ago, SuperHuman said:

I can’t see hundreds or thousands being sold in the next 3 days. Surely if you wanted to go you’d have got a ticket by now? They’ve been on sale for 5 days and a day has passed since the first leg. 

Absolutely and we have a fantastic catchment area, there are people who would probably go to this game, we havnt had a big game like this at home in years but havnt been to the vale before or in a long time due to our limited success but cannot attend because they are not on the database that could be worth another 1000-1500 on the attendance. And then we have the issue our recent poor performances and results going into the game, the fact that we could have and probably should have gone up automatically if we had won one of those 3 games before exeter, the cost of living crisis and the fact the game is on sky all playing there part. The fact is we are a small club but will come out in numbers for the big cup games but you have to make it accessible for people that dont normally attend or the floating stoke supporter who's not been to the vale since 1955. Carol and the owners have done a fantastic job and I'm sure they will learn from this experience and the issues around ticketing going forward.

39 minutes ago, JimmyPVFC said:

Absolutely and we have a fantastic catchment area, there are people who would probably go to this game, we havnt had a big game like this at home in years but havnt been to the vale before or in a long time due to our limited success but cannot attend because they are not on the database that could be worth another 1000-1500 on the attendance. And then we have the issue our recent poor performances and results going into the game, the fact that we could have and probably should have gone up automatically if we had won one of those 3 games before exeter, the cost of living crisis and the fact the game is on sky all playing there part. The fact is we are a small club but will come out in numbers for the big cup games but you have to make it accessible for people that dont normally attend or the floating stoke supporter who's not been to the vale since 1955. Carol and the owners have done a fantastic job and I'm sure they will learn from this experience and the issues around ticketing going forward.

Just read that Vale have sold 8,000 tickets and Swindles have sold out of their 2,200 ticket allocation 

If we’d been on a run like Swindon had and got in to the play offs last match we’d have sold out easily. A lot of people spent their money up on the last half dozen away games and had an expectation we would go up automatically. I nearly booked a holiday when we are hopefully at Wembley and am now holding off, others may have done so already. It’s a really big game but so many external factors will have stopped a lot of fans unable to go.

Disappointing perhaps, but for additional perspective, we had basically 20 years of mismanagement, so whilst the core support (the 4-5k diehards) has remained strong, it's going to take a heck of a lot longer to rebuild the latent/casual support in the area so that they're sufficiently interested to go to even the bigger games.

The general malaise around the club and decline in the match-day experience has resulted in low attendances for years; this season is actually only the second time this century that we've broken 6k as an average home attendance (the other being 13/14). So whilst we might be disappointed that more aren't turning out this week, it is still a big uplift compared to a couple of years ago, and we are going in the right direction.

We're not tinpot, we're not massive, we're just fairly big for L2, and it's going to take another few years of hard work on and off the field to get us back to being fairly big for L1, as we were the last time the play-offs came to Boslem.

KTF. UTV.

Just seen the arrangements for away fans on Thursday and it baffles me why we've decided having the hamil for home fans. It must be costing us a fortune to police that. I presumed they would have synetics car park right next to the bycars, but their walking them up from Dimensions. That's a lot of dimly lit pathway the police have got to cover. Wonder why we couldn't use the far car park on synectics for away fans and charge them for the pleasure? That map the police have just put on twitter looks like an open invitation to local knuckle draggers who fancy lobbing a few bottles. A lot of police going to be needed to heard 2000 away fans down there.

Just seen the arrangements for away fans on Thursday and it baffles me why we've decided having the hamil for home fans. It must be costing us a fortune to police that. I presumed they would have synetics car park right next to the bycars, but their walking them up from Dimensions. That's a lot of dimly lit pathway the police have got to cover. Wonder why we couldn't use the far car park on synectics for away fans and charge them for the pleasure? That map the police have just put on twitter looks like an open invitation to local knuckle draggers who fancy lobbing a few bottles. A lot of police going to be needed to heard 2000 away fans down there.
Costs charged as expenses, match income pooled. A test of the Hamil roar, worth doing as a test for a singing section creation there?

19 minutes ago, connor hackett said:

There is onle one gate on synectics car park they would have to walk through the vale fans going in the railway stand.

27 minutes ago, connor hackett said:

Because the atmosphere it generates is by far the best in the ground, and it could make a huge difference on Thursday. The Railway sounds good when you're in it but the rest of the ground can barely hear it. 500 away fans sound louder so 2000+ more Swindon certainly would. The club have done their bit, now it's up to the fans.

From a security point of view I think this should improve the situation. Vale fans heading to Burslem or up the Hamil won't come across away fans. If fans need to go in the Stanfields direction can go across Dolly's Lane. If heading towards Scotia Road can go down the Hamil. 

It's different and people aren't used to it, but personaly don't see any reason why this shouldn't become a permanent thing.

Costs charged as expenses, match income pooled. A test of the Hamil roar, worth doing as a test for a singing section creation there?

I do like the idea of the Hamil as a home end, I've moved from the railway into there for Thursday. But for it to be permanent there needs to be a trouble free evening. Maybe I've watched too many Netflix movies, because my first thoughts were, great place for an ambush!! Best case scenario from a policing point of view, a vale win, vale fans still I the ground 30 mins after the whistle.

Archived