onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Play-offs v Swindon Tickets

Joe B

Advert

9 minutes ago, jjvale_03 said:

Making lots of huge assumptions (and trusting the ticketing hub to be giving accurate information in LS and Railway), I think we've sold around 6500 tickets so far. I'd expect another 1500 to go in the next 72 hours, which takes us up to 8000.

It would have been nice for a big game like this to have had some kind of daily alert from the club as to how many tickets sold/left.  Having registered with Exeter to get the tickets for the last game, would constantly receive e-mails saying how many tickets they had left for each game. 

Controversial and hindsight is a wonderful thing but pandering to moaning fans hasn't done us any favours in my opinion.

We should have taken the 1280 offered in the Swindon away end which was 6 times  more than we took in the league it's a cracking view, dry and decent facilities. (apart from the big red door) and let Swindon have what they wanted on a Thursday night.

Who cares if they bring 500 more, than we took there, we will beat them anyway.

Moan over...😇

TBH I really aren't bothered if we don't sell out.

Those who are there need to make as much noise as we can to encourage the team. We'll do our bit and the team need to focus on doing theirs.

Bear in mind this fixture wasn't announced until Saturday 7th and it ends up being a Thursday night. It isn't school holidays so there'll be lots of young uns who don't come.

Crowds really don't interest me,as long as they get behind the team. Northampton and Mansfield haven't spent the last few days harping on at each other...they've just accepted their allocations and got on with it.

I'm glad we've stuck Swindle in an end with poorer conditions especially how the facilities were on Sunday.

12 minutes ago, Andy Proctor said:

If we have sold such few tickets then why were the queues so long on the Thursday and Friday morning last week. Also there was only 7400 at Mansfield the other day with 1200 Northampton fans so neither of them fans sold out the tickets 

I'm guessing the crap kick off times, the games being on TV and the fact alot of the country are skint are the reasons why people can't go. Kids don't tend to attend night games for starters that could easily take 1000 or so off a crowd. 

The queues were so long on Thursday as tickets were been sold for Swindon away and the home game at the same time and then people sorting out coach tickets as well.  The process was painfully slow, having queued up for 5 hours, I would say maybe about 400 - 500 people in the queue when I went.  Yes 7400 at Mansfield but I don't think we are a small club like them, I put us alongside a Tranmere, slightly smaller than Swindon and after 29 years of waiting for a big game, I would have thought this would have been sold out.  I get the cost of living crisis but for everyone who can afford they need to get down there.  

There's lots of reasons why people can't attend....money being a prime example. £20 could easily buy 3 or 4 family meals.

I don't tend to get to many night games with a business to run and two young kids but I've made absolutely sure I'm going to this one. If there are people out there who can afford to go and have no other reason not to then that is disappointing.

On the flip side, I know of 3 people who do not regularly go (1 lives abroad, 1 lives in London and the other is a vale follower by proxy of his old man) are all going. I also speak to a number of casual fans and all seem to be going. Perhaps the lack of kids and those working on nights/away in the week is a bigger number than we think?

Sunday at noon is ideal for a home game. Not too early, not too late, lots of people are off on a Sunday hence Swindon have found it much easier to sell. In terms of size, there's not much difference between the two clubs...they have a relatively good catchment area with not that many sizeable clubs nearby.

It is what it is....nobody won anything based on crowd size. We've finished behind 2 clubs who get much smaller gates than us. There's several in league 1 and some in the championship who get smaller crowds but I bet they don't give a stuff.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

Most people get paid monthly lol, how are they going to make any money that is available in those 9 days.?
I get paid four weeks rolling .
Borrow it off mum and dad etc
20 pounds get in all areas before Thurs Adult
18/21 12 pounds
13/17 8 pounds
Seniors no idea
Hardly a lot money is it you do not have buy anything once in there if short of money have no beer etc .
We need the support turn up bad enough that only 1600 (hats off to them all )turned up first leg but they were happy go beamback at 5 quid .
Massive game
Pack the park you want out of this league you turn up it's as simple as that otherwise watch it on your 80 pounds a month sky bill or worse still watch on dodgy box for nowt and brag to folk you watch every game for 110 pounds a year but you (not you just in general ),do not put a penny in club but you feel ENTITLED to vent when it goes up
We have 90 minutes do something about a one goal deficit so let's do our bit
UTV

It's longer than that, 29 years since the last play off semi - 1993.
Yes your right was thinking of me Dad 56 passed away 19 years this thurs .
I've corrected it now UTV
He loved Vale and hopefully he be there helping our player leap above theres to head home or helping Garrity crash 2 or 3 belters past there keeper .
Bring on Thurs buzzing
Be great if big crowd if not so be it football isn't won on how many fans you have or Man utd be good they aren't
UTV

10 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:

There's lots of reasons why people can't attend....money being a prime example. £20 could easily buy 3 or 4 family meals.

I don't tend to get to many night games with a business to run and two young kids but I've made absolutely sure I'm going to this one. If there are people out there who can afford to go and have no other reason not to then that is disappointing.

On the flip side, I know of 3 people who do not regularly go (1 lives abroad, 1 lives in London and the other is a vale follower by proxy of his old man) are all going. I also speak to a number of casual fans and all seem to be going. Perhaps the lack of kids and those working on nights/away in the week is a bigger number than we think?

Sunday at noon is ideal for a home game. Not too early, not too late, lots of people are off on a Sunday hence Swindon have found it much easier to sell. In terms of size, there's not much difference between the two clubs...they have a relatively good catchment area with not that many sizeable clubs nearby.

It is what it is....nobody won anything based on crowd size. We've finished behind 2 clubs who get much smaller gates than us. There's several in league 1 and some in the championship who get smaller crowds but I bet they don't give a stuff.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

Spot on.

If it were down to crowds,Bradford would top our division,Sunderland in League 1 etc etc.

That's why I'll always back the underdog. Raised on Park Estate,which team was I always going to support?

I've really enjoyed this season and it's a typical Vale fan season.

I'll be shouting my head off on Thursday

All those fans who were asking where were all these fans on a cold February night when we got good crowds against Bristol rovers and Newport will be happy if we get a poor crowd will be happy ,or will they now be moaning the same fans are now missing. Football fans hey.

I don’t think our fan base is as big as some make out. Our home crowds have been poor for a number years. Even this season I would have expected our average attendance to be higher. 

We should have sold out both the Swindon home and away games. 

Archived