onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Play-offs v Swindon Tickets

Joe B

While I agree, two extra games and a trip to London might be more than some people can fork out at the minute
Well they got all summer put it back in there accounts .
What if its another 29 years .
Get behind the club bring you big mouthed friends the ones who hate losing ,the ones who lift you up .
Vale deserves be packed but not with kids on laptops with grown men/women who have PASSION for Vale and there plight
UTV

Advert

Looks like thousands of tickets still available. Really hope we sell a load more else it's going to look embarrassing on TV, especially if the Hamil doesn't sell out. Switching ends was 100% the right call, but getting us an extra 850 tickets and then we end up with only 6 or 7,000 home fans will be shocking. Never needed fans more yet just seems like they've just lost interest now. Maybe they think we don't stand a chance, which is nonsense if true. Such a shame for the owners and the players. Hopefully it's just classic Vale fans leaving everything until last minute.

1 hour ago, Breadwinner said:

Really first play off semi final in 19 years and folk not going because saving for Wembley .
If there's no fans in the ground how we supposed to get behind them and get them to Wembley .
28th May final is theres a good 9days before then .
Odds are against us but not going cause saving for Wembley doesn't cut it with me

Most people get paid monthly lol, how are they going to make any money that is available in those 9 days.?

19 hours ago, Santa said:

Someone was saying that the local residents backing onto the park behind the goal kicked off about a roof on that end.

Ratio of toilets to stand capacity would surely fail a safety certificate. Concrete was crumbling with huge potholes of standing water. Massive slip hazard coming down the steps towards the exit gate. Lucky to regain my footing on the handrail.

Maybe the ‘standing water’ and lack of toilets go hand in hand, what colour was it?

2 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

Really first play off semi final in 19 years and folk not going because saving for Wembley .
If there's no fans in the ground how we supposed to get behind them and get them to Wembley .
28th May final is theres a good 9days before then .
Odds are against us but not going cause saving for Wembley doesn't cut it with me

It's longer than that, 29 years since the last play off semi - 1993.

Well they got all summer put it back in there accounts .
What if its another 19 years .
Get behind the club bring you big mouthed friends the ones who hate losing ,the ones who lift you up .
Vale deserves be packed but not with kids on laptops with grown men/women who have PASSION for Vale and there plight
UTV
I agree, but you have to think about it from the point of view of the floating fan. The person who picks and choses his games. Weve had two "sell outs" recently, where a number of floating fans came back and we were resoundly beaten in both. That's 40+ quid chucked away for someone who doesn't come a lot.

Theres a hard core of fans, many of them on this forum, who will go to every game regardless of league position etc. Unfortunately that's not representative of the additional 4/5k that turned up against brizzle and Newport, and its those people you need on side for a sell out.

Whilst I'll be disappointed if we don't sell out it wouldn't surprise me. I think there's a few factors to take into account.

Evening game so there will be people who work away midweek/evenings.

Kids of a certain age probably tucked up in bed ready for next day at school.

Lots of fair weather fans already shown up v Bristol & Newport & probably thought they won't bother again. It's also on Sky...

Holiday season, I know of atleast 4 people who are away this week on stags/hols.

Money... lots of ppl with season tickets might not be able fork out £20 for an extra game in current climate.

Having said all that I still think we'll see over 10K inside Vale Park on Thursday eve. I'd expect around 8K Vale & Swindon have sold out their allocation. Should be a great atmosphere.

I'm a floating fan. Couldn't make Bristol Rovers as was on holiday but made Newport. If the first home play off match in 29 years, when your team is massively in the game your support could make the difference, doesn't attract you, I've no idea what will. Still time but the fact so many tickets remain unsold has really disappointed me.

4 minutes ago, ValeForever. said:

Whilst I'll be disappointed if we don't sell out it wouldn't surprise me. I think there's a few factors to take into account.

Evening game so there will be people who work away midweek/evenings.

Kids of a certain age probably tucked up in bed ready for next day at school.

Lots of fair weather fans already shown up v Bristol & Newport & probably thought they won't bother again. It's also on Sky...

Holiday season, I know of atleast 4 people who are away this week on stags/hols.

Money... lots of ppl with season tickets might not be able fork out £20 for an extra game in current climate.

Having said all that I still think we'll see over 10K inside Vale Park on Thursday eve. I'd expect around 8K Vale & Swindon have sold out their allocation. Should be a great atmosphere.

8k Vale for this would be shocking. Truly embarrassing. Oh well. I'll be in the Hamil End making as much noise as possible 

3 minutes ago, Family Stand Terrier said:

I'm a floating fan. Couldn't make Bristol Rovers as was on holiday but made Newport. If the first home play off match in 29 years, when your team is massively in the game your support could make the difference, doesn't attract you, I've no idea what will. Still time but the fact so many tickets remain unsold has really disappointed me.

There are lots of people for whom football means identifying a few dates in the season when they would rather go to an away venue and have a day on the beer rather than go to home games. I'm sure that's the same with lots of clubs. You could make it free at home games and they wouldn't come. That's not a criticism, it's just the way it is. 

It's easy to follow the logic of someone who, after the disappointment of missing out on automatic promotion may decide to see how Thursday goes and then splash the cash for a big day out in HA9.

All we can ask is that those who attend on Thursday are noisy, passionate and above all create an atmosphere of encouragement and support. Because at this stage, what on earth is the point of doing anything else?      

16 minutes ago, Family Stand Terrier said:

8k Vale for this would be shocking. Truly embarrassing. Oh well. I'll be in the Hamil End making as much noise as possible 

Correct it’s a shambles. This is a far bigger game than Man City and look how many people showed up there.

2 minutes ago, pvfc_tommy said:

Correct it’s a shambles. This is a far bigger game than Man City and look how many people showed up there.

This is the biggest game since Fleetwood away when we needed a win to avoid relegation in 2017. 

Every floater , once a season fan or absentee for whatever reason needs to get their A** down on Thursday. 

Just checked the online situation as my daughter wants a ticket and as it stands it looks as though we heading for about 8k max.

You cannot check the hamil but it would appear with the technical issues most season ticket holders have jumped in there.

Looks load more seats left than a normal game?

Archived