onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Play-offs v Swindon Tickets

Joe B

That away end was an absolute disgrace.  They had two kiosks but had only opened one so the queue was massive.  There were no Ladies toilets, just 10 portaloos for a crowd in excess of 1600 - so one loo for every 160 fans.  The lack of a roof for a team who have been in the Premier League riches is ridiculous in this day and age. 

Advert

16 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

That away end was an absolute disgrace.  They had two kiosks but had only opened one so the queue was massive.  There were no Ladies toilets, just 10 portaloos for a crowd in excess of 1600 - so one loo for every 160 fans.  The lack of a roof for a team who have been in the Premier League riches is ridiculous in this day and age. 

To be fair a bit like us they have let parts of the ground go to seed and if we hadn't kicked up a fuss they would not have imagined opening it. When we went down earlier in the season we thought it had been condemned it was in such a state...

1 hour ago, Rory said:

I presume tickets for all areas of the ground will go back on sale tomorrow? There's nothing on sale surely but most season ticket holders seats will be freed up tomorrow I presume?

Just tried to buy my season ticket seats in Lorne Street and it won’t let me

Someone was saying that the local residents backing onto the park behind the goal kicked off about a roof on that end.

Ratio of toilets to stand capacity would surely fail a safety certificate. Concrete was crumbling with huge potholes of standing water. Massive slip hazard coming down the steps towards the exit gate. Lucky to regain my footing on the handrail.

Meanwhile a Vale fan was claiming on social media yesterday that the seats in the Railway are a safety certificate concern for next season because of the metal frame that holds each one up. The mind boggles if that's true.

Meanwhile a Vale fan was claiming on social media yesterday that the seats in the Railway are a safety certificate concern for next season because of the metal frame that holds each one up. The mind boggles if that's true.
Daft. We've got a stadium manager haven't we? Surely it's his job to get the place to a standard where people are allowed in. He should be doing a press conference to explain to us all what the hell is going on at the least.

There were rumours about the steel trusswork that supports the Railway roof too, I'd be much more inclined to believe that could be a safety certificate consideration as it's very old.

Nothing confirmed obviously, but it was doing the rounds on social media this week. Who knows.

22 minutes ago, Doha said:

Stand or the Paddock? Would need a Stand ST to confirm that their seats were replaced by plastic after the Paddock was made seated.

Just now, Fosse69 said:

Stand or the Paddock? Would need a Stand ST to confirm that their seats were replaced by plastic after the Paddock was made seated.

I think it was the stand they were on about. Not sure if those seats are older. Lots of people have renewed season tickets in there for next season already so I'd be surprised if it were true unless the club have close season works planned. The club did have a planning permission application lodged to knock down the disused turnstiles outside the railway and family stand as of a few months ago so no doubt there's a long term plan and Carol will sort it all out eventually. L1 money and bigger crowds would be a great help! She deserves that.

11 minutes ago, Doha said:

There were rumours about the steel trusswork that supports the Railway roof too, I'd be much more inclined to believe that could be a safety certificate consideration as it's very old.

Nothing confirmed obviously, but it was doing the rounds on social media this week. Who knows.

If that were the case I would expect all the Railway to be closed, the roof went on in 1954.

20 minutes ago, Doha said:

If the roof and steel stantions were unsafe they wouldn’t allow anyone in.

38 minutes ago, Doha said:

Someone was talking about this in a ticket queue a few weeks ago. He reckoned that the Railway roof had been effectively condemned and that it has got to be replaced, during which time Vale fans would go in the Hamil and away fans would be relocated (think he said to Lorne Street, but maybe he said Bycars - can't remember). Weird part was that he reckoned that it needed doing by 2026 (seems a long deadline if something is supposedly condemned?)

13 minutes ago, Conrad said:

If the roof and steel stantions were unsafe they wouldn’t allow anyone in.

My thinking exactly. Who knows where it's come from originally, but a few people have mentioned it.

Archived