onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Play-offs v Swindon Tickets

Joe B

1 hour ago, rob1983 said:

Is it me

Yes

Was 500 left at end of Day 1, 'about a hundred' towards the end of yesterday and a handful at start of today, so a reasonable progression. 

We've sold in excess of 2100 tickets in 48hrs, despite a cost of living crisis, a sub-optimal ticketing system and a second game to come at home against the same opposition less than a week later, to which we will have sold, simultaneously, the best part of 10k tickets. I don't think that's too bad.

We're definitely not tinpot, certainly not for this level. As things stand, we're a larger L2/smaller L1 club with a decent-sized ground in need of some TLC, but we're moving in the right direction. 

Yes, there are lessons to be learned, processes to improve and make more transparent, but let's just enjoy the tie and appreciate how much we've progressed to get to this point.

Advert

Why is everyone banging on about a cost of living crisis? Cost of living is lower in Stoke on Trent than almost anywhere in the country. That's not the reason people aren't going. It's geography, the time, and the fact that half these "poor" people you refer to pay hundreds every year on sky sports.

55 minutes ago, DazFred said:

I said yesterday that over the season they took an average of 13 more fans to away games. Wow!

Our fans do travel in numbers and I don't go to many away games so Walsall is the one I usually go but I knew there'd be no chance this season.

I'm looking forward to going to the home game on Thursday. I'd love our crowd to get behind the team all of the match and cheer us to victory.

However it's one game at a time so I'll go for my 2 hour walk tomorrow and keep away from the match. It worked last week!

Had we been given the same allocation as Swindon at Walsall we would have averaged higher over the season.

I can’t understand why you’re so concerned about it. It seems everyone in the world knows and there are reportedly hundreds of others whom you would be right about. How about naming some of them instead of implying I am the only one?  
People like you should be first in line for any tickets, there's no doubt about that and I don't think anyone has an issue with it. The problem is that there are others who go absolutely everywhere who have to queue up for hours and take time off work or camp out overnight when there is a big demand. It's ridiculous. There should be a system in place whereby all supporters who go everywhere can secure tickets as easily as you do.

I have faith the club will sort it out, I'm surprised it's taken them so long to do but I also appreciate they can't change everything overnight. I'm happy to admit I've benefitted from the corruption down there to secure tickets on a number of occasions, but it needs sorting. A fair system for everybody is what's needed.

Come on Port Vale.

4 minutes ago, bobbymanc said:

Why is everyone banging on about a cost of living crisis? Cost of living is lower in Stoke on Trent than almost anywhere in the country. That's not the reason people aren't going. It's geography, the time, and the fact that half these "poor" people you refer to pay hundreds every year on sky sports.

Cost of living has risen throughout the country, average salary in Stoke is lower than most other areas in the country.

Handful left this morning well the southern lot will buy them on the day .
Sell out .
Anyway not bothered anyway I like sit where I want have we got sit in seats reserved to us tomoz or have Swindon got 90 per cent capacity nonsense like Vale
UTV

You can only sit where you like because there are plenty of spare seats with having a stadium 1/3 full most of the time.
You should be told at the turnstiles if you don't have the choice.

56 minutes ago, wotsyobeef said:
3 hours ago, dazzerjames said:

I would disagree. I would say the systems in place for away tickets are at the very least an inconvienience for the majority of fans. Even if they were to open 11-7 one day a week it would be a massive improvement.

They’ve been open 9-7 two days this week.

2 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Man City was a very rare chance to visit a Premier League ground.  It was only 30 miles away, wasn't live on the telly and there was no chance of another game against the same team five days later.  Our previous two games had been at home rather than 200 miles away.  And we didn't have the chance of having to cough up for Wembley should we get there.

I fully understand why folk prioritse their cash at the moment and don't blame them at all.  If you are fortunate enough to be able to afford all this expenditure you shouldn't criticise those who can't.

Ok, let’s use Salford away as an example then.  We can sell out more tickets in the away end there than we’ve been given to sell for a playoff semifinal at Swindon.  It may be a moot point anyway as for all I know the Swindon tickets may well have all gone.

Ok, let’s use Salford away as an example then.  We can sell out more tickets in the away end there than we’ve been given to sell for a playoff semifinal at Swindon.  It may be a moot point anyway as for all I know the Swindon tickets may well have all gone.
Distance and cost of travel, ease of buying tickets?

21 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

We had considerably less than 2,200 for Salford??

They’ve been open 9-7 two days this week.
I was referring to purchasing away tickets in general every week throughout the season not just this week which is a complete one off. I noticed Swindon's ticket office opening hours are 10-6 which at least gives your average Joe one hour after work to call or visit.

isn't the main reason we didn't sell out that no one could plan their journey to Swindon or any time off work they needed until they'd bought tickets, which only went on sale 3 days before the match, and only in person.

I missed the chance to swap my Sunday shift for Friday cos I only managed get a ticket last night, so I've got to get back to SE London for work at 5pm still, and I'm one of the lucky ones.

34 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

We’d already got tickets for that game and we only had 1300 ish anyway? 

Went to collect mine today as live in Milton Keynes so thankfully someone in the ticket office called me back yesterday evening and took payment over the phone. Well up for it now.

Seemed a fair few people when I got there were getting tickets for the home leg and the fanzone tomorrow.

Archived