onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Play-offs v Swindon Tickets

Joe B

49 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

I understand times are really tough for some fans but come on we can take 8k to Man City are you trying to tell me over 6k of those are now, for want of a better term, on the breadline?

Ray, the reason that so many ppl went to the Etihad was that it was the FA Cup, a Premiership stadium and probably one the Worlds greatest teams littered with world class footballers. I’ve called them ppl and not fans because I know ppl who only went because of the reasons I’ve listed above. I know some ppl who got tickets who’ve never been to VP before and haven’t been since. Then we’ve had Covid the Russian invasion of the Ukraine. This game is for fans of PVFC. KOYW

Advert

We may well sell out but if not over 2000 and close to a sell out is superb considering its on the telly, is an open end with no roof and therefore no atmosphere, you'll get soaked, is in bloody Swindon, is an early kick off on a Sunday, and is just generally going to be a crap experience. We have the bigger game on Thursday at home that everyone is paying to go to so, unless you're a bit barmy, the majority will be watching this one on the box. I'm one of them. To be honest you won't get me going to Swindon away ever again, not even if my life depended on it, I'd throw the towel in - never again.

On 12/05/2022 at 18:49, Jacko51 said:

You weren’t there in the queue between 3.15 and 3.55 this afternoon then???  I didn’t see you. 

Jacko - you're a terrific fan, the epitomy of what makes football great in this country.

But, you're not convincing me that you gambled on missing our first play off match since 1993. You'll have known in advance that you had a ticket put aside for you, and you will have picked it up in a brown envelope with your name on the front.

5 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

And still having to sell today even with all their additional facilities.

I said yesterday that over the season they took an average of 13 more fans to away games. Wow!

Our fans do travel in numbers and I don't go to many away games so Walsall is the one I usually go but I knew there'd be no chance this season.

I'm looking forward to going to the home game on Thursday. I'd love our crowd to get behind the team all of the match and cheer us to victory.

However it's one game at a time so I'll go for my 2 hour walk tomorrow and keep away from the match. It worked last week!

2 hours ago, DaneValiant said:

Are the Swindon fans being given the full length of the Bycars (or in the half right next to the Lorne Street)? I have a spare season ticket seat and my wife wants to come. But I don't think it's her best starting point if she's sitting in seat 38 with a bunch of teenage Two-Can Van Dammes sat as close as possible to home fans after having a few lager tops...

I imagine that the whole front section (ie, anything below the walkway) will be netted off, so away fans are nowhere near any home fans.

13 minutes ago, jjvale_03 said:

Jacko - you're a terrific fan, the epitomy of what makes football great in this country.

But, you're not convincing me that you gambled on missing our first play off match since 1993.

Where did I try??

Managed to get a ticket yesterday. I live south of Bristol so am8 from Kidsgrove drive up to the shop to get me one. That was around 2:30 on Friday - he was told there were around 100 left.

Fairly certain they'll all go easily.

Sadly I can't make the home leg. I'm on crutches and can't drive, I can get a train there but can't get back home.

Can't wait for tomorrow

5 minutes ago, jjvale_03 said:

I'll take that as proof that I was right.

Enjoy the game! UTV

I can’t understand why you’re so concerned about it. It seems everyone in the world knows and there are reportedly hundreds of others whom you would be right about. How about naming some of them instead of implying I am the only one?  

I don’t really see the point in wasting thousands on a new system for tickets.

I’d rather see a new player through the door.

The system is fine for 99.9% of fans and we can’t sell out for a play off semi final so is there really a need for it ?

the Exeter game seems to have caused a fuss for 1 or 2 but not the majority.

I would disagree. I would say the systems in place for away tickets are at the very least an inconvienience for the majority of fans. Even if they were to open 11-7 one day a week it would be a massive improvement.

13 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

I can’t understand why you’re so concerned about it. It seems everyone in the world knows and there are reportedly hundreds of others whom you would be right about. How about naming some of them instead of implying I am the only one?  

I get my tickets saved too. It's the people you know. Only plebs would put themselves in a position where they have to queue. Vote Labour Live Tory is my motto!

Just now, bobbymanc said:

I get my tickets saved too. It's the people you know. Only plebs would put themselves in a position where they have to queue. Vote Labour Live Tory is my motto!

In my case it’s the things you do. 

5 hours ago, Hoppers said:

Mate I don't blame you - line of least resistance and all that - I'm sure you'll be sensible 🙂

Out of curiosity, which particular combo of vale strip and scarf/hat will you be wearing 😍😍😍

Have a great day mate 👍👍👍

Don’t think any of us will be wearing colours 😁

Archived