onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Play-offs v Swindon Tickets

Joe B

I understand times are really tough for some fans but come on we can take 8k to Man City are you trying to tell me over 6k of those are now, for want of a better term, on the breadline?

I think Man City was the equivalent to a trip to Wembley , once in a lifetime for some . Wasn’t it only a tenner as well ? Or did I dream that

The ethiad for 10 quid clinches it for some over a trip to the county ground

Me included

Advert

I think Man City was the equivalent to a trip to Wembley , once in a lifetime for some . Wasn’t it only a tenner as well ? Or did I dream that

The ethiad for 10 quid clinches it for some over a trip to the county ground

Me included
Really? Despite the fact that we were always going to lose and it was the third round, as opposed to a real chance to back the team for a promotion push, the first in a decade? Think that says it all really

Been to Swindon once before for a Saturday 3pm. Not the easiest trip and not exactly a glamorous one, Man City away it definitely isn’t, was very expensive (relative to other away days) and we don’t have a fantastic record there. I think selling c.2,000 for a Sunday midday on Sky is not a bad effort at all tbh, especially given some of the away trips we’ve had recently with big followings at Hartlepool, Walsall (ok only down the road), Salford (ditto) and Exeter.

I’m not getting into the whole ticketing thing, other than to say that it is ridiculous to see people camping overnight and queuing all the way up Hamil Road at 6am in this day and age. Given our owners run a tech company, I’d imagine this will probably get rectified.

Have no idea which PV (or Swindle for that matter) will turn up tomorrow, I just really hope we’ve learned the lessons from the home game when we were run ragged 1st half even before the sending off. The midfield is a bit of a concern though.

Really? Despite the fact that we were always going to lose and it was the third round, as opposed to a real chance to back the team for a promotion push, the first in a decade? Think that says it all really

No doubt this is the more important game , but not as desirable to attend in person for some.

It’s on a Sunday , on sky , 12 kick off , no direct train , not a good night out after , these are things fans I guess take into consideration when travelling away.

Bloody hope we win though

19 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

I understand times are really tough for some fans but come on we can take 8k to Man City are you trying to tell me over 6k of those are now, for want of a better term, on the breadline?

There are parts of SoT where 50%+ of children under 18 live in poverty. And the cost of living continues to increase.

I don’t blame anyone who puts feeding their family ahead of going the game.

Is it me or has there been around 500 tickets avaliable for like 3 days. A mystery. Thought we'd sell these out in hours. Obs we ain't as big as we think and definitely don't need a loyalty scheme. Surprised they even made it too general sale and with an hour to go they still are.

17 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Not really. Nothing will be decided tomorrow, whereas Man City was a) more glamorous day to watch some of the best footballers in the WORLD b) cheaper c) on a Saturday d) not on TV and e) effectively a knock out tie and our final…. so I think you’re comparing apples with oranges.

7 minutes ago, philmpv said:

We had never played at the Etihad,  only ever likely to play there in a Cup competition, whereas Swindon is a regular league ground at least 3 times as far away.    

2 minutes ago, Vale Ball said:

Shouldn't be harsh on anyone who's Vale, but has to pick and choose their games.

Play-Offs are expensive, 3 games of which 2 involve travel over 100 miles. How often in a season do 1000 fans travel to grounds greater than 60 miles away?

19 minutes ago, saintvaliant said:

There are parts of SoT where 50%+ of children under 18 live in poverty. And the cost of living continues to increase.

I don’t blame anyone who puts feeding their family ahead of going the game.

I think you’re missing the point.  Quite simply some fans aren’t going because it’s easy not to due to TV coverage.  Simple as that.

40 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Man City was a very rare chance to visit a Premier League ground.  It was only 30 miles away, wasn't live on the telly and there was no chance of another game against the same team five days later.  Our previous two games had been at home rather than 200 miles away.  And we didn't have the chance of having to cough up for Wembley should we get there.

I fully understand why folk prioritse their cash at the moment and don't blame them at all.  If you are fortunate enough to be able to afford all this expenditure you shouldn't criticise those who can't.

Archived