Advert

Advert

Play-offs v Swindon Tickets

Joe B

Advert

15 minutes ago, saintvaliant said:

I wouldn’t be overly surprised if we don’t quite manage to sell out given:

1) Midday kick off means there are no trains

2) The cost of living crisis and where that is most acutely felt in the low income areas like SoT

3) Given points 1 and 2 the game being on TV gives folk an easy and cheap way of seeing the game without travelling

4) No online sales and the club’s current approach to ticket sales making it incredibly difficult for folk outside the area to buy tickets. Thankfully we got sorted in the end but I had all but given up on Thursday

5) Our record at Swindon over the years isn’t the best.

6) Quite a few will have gone with the fanzone at the Vale rather than travel. Don’t get that personally but it will be a combo of some of the above I suspect.

If we sell 2,000 if we represent a 6 or 7 fold increase on what we usually take there. That’s about what I thought we would take and justifies the need to give us that end rather than the usual away section.

No excuses.  It’s a playoff semi, how often do they come round?

Just now, Guitar Ray said:

No excuses.  It’s a playoff semi, how often do they come round?

I get it. I’m buzzing to have managed to get tickets and wouldn’t have missed it for the world.

But if it comes down to a choice of putting food in the table for your family or watching 22 blokes kick a ball around in person when you can watch it on TV on the pub it’s a no brainer as to why some folk won’t be able to go.

Just now, saintvaliant said:

I get it. I’m buzzing to have managed to get tickets and wouldn’t have missed it for the world.

But if it comes down to a choice of putting food on the table for your family or watching 22 blokes kick a ball around in person when you can watch it on TV on the pub it’s a no brainer as to why some folk won’t be able to go.

I don’t really see the point in wasting thousands on a new system for tickets.

I’d rather see a new player through the door.

The system is fine for 99.9% of fans and we can’t sell out for a play off semi final so is there really a need for it ?

the Exeter game seems to have caused a fuss for 1 or 2 but not the majority.

14 minutes ago, Conrad said:

TBF given the short notice, and the delay while sorting the Hamil Bycars switch, they probably had no other option but to sell the home leg tickets at the same time.

I appreciate the switch has made things more difficult to shift tickets(queuing for hours) but with a system that works better (online) we could have avoided the issues we have seen.Sometimes it’s hard being a Vale fan.Ticket office now open ,get thesen down there folks.Let’s show these farmers exactly what support is!!!UTV.

7 minutes ago, dazzerjames said:

The system is fine for 99.9% of fans and we can’t sell out for a play off semi final so is there really a need for it ?

Think you have undercalculated that mate! Loads more than " 1 or 2" were not happy.

Think you have undercalculated that mate! Loads more than " 1 or 2" were not happy.

Granted , and exaggeration, but still a vocal minority .

Last game of the season , that had plenty riding on it , in a holiday destination. Was always going to be popular.

But the Swindon game has shown that even in league 1 , we won’t be close to selling out most away allocations

My personal opinion is that the home ticket system is absolutely fine

Unless you are completely tech incompetent, and even so you do still have the option to attend the club and buy a ticket.

Are the Swindon fans being given the full length of the Bycars (or in the half right next to the Lorne Street)? I have a spare season ticket seat and my wife wants to come. But I don't think it's her best starting point if she's sitting in seat 38 with a bunch of teenage Two-Can Van Dammes sat as close as possible to home fans after having a few lager tops...
They are netting off the first 2 large blocks of seats at the bottom on each end of the bycars so you should be alright

1 hour ago, dazzerjames said:

How many Season Ticket holders live outside the ST postal codes, the club can soon find out, larger than 1%

1 hour ago, saintvaliant said:

But if it comes down to a choice of putting food in the table for your family or watching 22 blokes kick a ball around in person when you can watch it on TV on the pub it’s a no brainer as to why some folk won’t be able to go.

I understand times are really tough for some fans but come on we can take 8k to Man City are you trying to tell me over 6k of those are now, for want of a better term, on the breadline?

1 hour ago, dazzerjames said:

Me too.

I'd rather see another forward and passing MF than the return of Ted in the ticket office(nothing against Ted)...

Archived