onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Play-offs v Swindon Tickets

Joe B

So what is 100 left 200 /300 just count them and let the support know how many left .
In other news Sheffield Utd have not sold all there allocation either and that's get in the premiership,I wonder why maybe it's on SKY and folk are skint .
Perspective appreciate the ones who are going and do not beat up the ones who are not football ain't cheap most of our support were at Exeter last week (I wasn't bet it was a expensive weekend etc ).
UTV

Advert

4 hours ago, Doha said:

Do you live up there? If so, great effort mate. Shouldn't be put in that position, but great effort!

Edit - just seen that 100 tickets left post above. If there's anyone going up now then could you show the ticket office staff this lad's post about his possible 180 mile round trip from Leeds? We'd all be heartbroken to drive all that way after work through rush hour because of the in-person sales restriction, only to find they were all gone.

All sorted. Got there 630

served by a lovely lady who said  there were a couple of hundred left, but there were people before/after me, so I think we will sell out. 

there were 5 others in the office twiddling their thumbs. Shame as they could be answering the phone and/or sending tickets out special delivery.

anyway - roll on Sunday 

3 hours ago, Packmoor_vale said:

We won’t sell out cause we are not big enough 

1 fan in there end though so blame the club 👍

I’ve given up trying to get tickets for big games via the phone, away end at Walsall, away end at Swindon. It is a joke for anyone not living close to Stoke. I’m sure I’m not the only one who’s given up, at least I go in the opponents stand but bet there are plenty who won’t .

It's laughable 200 left 20 left who cares if you going get your tickets and join the ones who are going and get behind the team and hopefully have a great day ,first play off semi final since Stockport County I'm absolutely looking forwards to everything even the drive , if your not watch it on sky your dodgy boxes etc but do not cry if do not reach Wembley because by being there you can make a difference shouting at a telly well what's the point in that .
UTV

7 hours ago, philpvfc said:

I’ve given up trying to get tickets for big games via the phone, away end at Walsall, away end at Swindon. It is a joke for anyone not living close to Stoke. I’m sure I’m not the only one who’s given up, at least I go in the opponents stand but bet there are plenty who won’t .

Mate I don't blame you - line of least resistance and all that - I'm sure you'll be sensible 🙂

Out of curiosity, which particular combo of vale strip and scarf/hat will you be wearing 😍😍😍

Have a great day mate 👍👍👍

8 hours ago, SuperHuman said:

It’s looking unlikely that we’ll sell out. Bit disappointing to be honest. 

We should really be selling out a game of this magnitude.

The remaining couple of hundred are expected to sell this morning. However looks like Swindon got it right as we’d have had egg all over our faces had we got another thousand tickets as initially requested.

43 minutes ago, soothsayer said:

The remaining couple of hundred are expected to sell this morning. However looks like Swindon got it right as we’d have had egg all over our faces had we got another thousand tickets as initially requested.

Have the club announced anywhere that there’s still a couple of hundred left? Folk might assume they’ve all gone and not bother trying.

5 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Have the club announced anywhere that there’s still a couple of hundred left? Folk might assume they’ve all gone and not bother trying.

Not sure about an official announcement but a work colleague got some last night about half an hour before the ticket office closed and that’s what he was told there was left. I can’t imagine they all sold in the last few minutes last night. 
I’d suggest those who still want tickets get up there early though and remember they go off sale at midday.

Being the first playoff game we’ve been involved in for 29 years I’d be disappointed if we didn’t sell out.

1 hour ago, soothsayer said:

Have Swindle sold their away allocation yet?They were able to buy online,by phone and in person.I expect they will but allowing Vale fans the ‘in person ‘ option only and selling the home leg tickets at the same time with a dodgy system causes its own problems.Good job we did negotiate with Swindon ,they wanted to give us 1200.

3 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

Have Swindle sold their away allocation yet?They were able to buy online,by phone and in person.I expect they will but allowing Vale fans the ‘in person ‘ option only and selling the home leg tickets at the same time with a dodgy system causes its own problems.Good job we did negotiate with Swindon ,they wanted to give us 1200.

TBF given the short notice, and the delay while sorting the Hamil Bycars switch, they probably had no other option but to sell the home leg tickets at the same time.

Are the Swindon fans being given the full length of the Bycars (or in the half right next to the Lorne Street)? I have a spare season ticket seat and my wife wants to come. But I don't think it's her best starting point if she's sitting in seat 38 with a bunch of teenage Two-Can Van Dammes sat as close as possible to home fans after having a few lager tops...

I wouldn’t be overly surprised if we don’t quite manage to sell out given:

1) Midday kick off means there are no trains

2) The cost of living crisis and where that is most acutely felt in the low income areas like SoT

3) Given points 1 and 2 the game being on TV gives folk an easy and cheap way of seeing the game without travelling

4) No online sales and the club’s current approach to ticket sales making it incredibly difficult for folk outside the area to buy tickets. Thankfully we got sorted in the end but I had all but given up on Thursday

5) Our record at Swindon over the years isn’t the best.

6) Quite a few will have gone with the fanzone at the Vale rather than travel. Don’t get that personally but it will be a combo of some of the above I suspect.

If we sell 2,000 if we represent a 6 or 7 fold increase on what we usually take there. That’s about what I thought we would take and justifies the need to give us that end rather than the usual away section.

Archived