onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Play-offs v Swindon Tickets

Joe B

Advert

All you fans moaning about a loyalty scheme. We don't need one. Can't even sell out a playoff semi final. Embarassing. Not as big as we think.
We sold 1,700 for Swindon on the first day, to season ticket holders only. That's more than I thought we'd take in total for an early kick off on the telly. It's also more than I thought the ticket office could physically sell in a day, must have been a big take up from all the bloody super fans before they went on sale...

With no online or telephone sales we've also ruled out anyone outside the area and anyone who has a normal job and can't spend hours in the working day queuing on a car park.

I now predict that Swindon away will sell out on Saturday when your average chap can get down there, unless they are closed which wouldn't surprise me.

18 minutes ago, rob1983 said:

All you fans moaning about a loyalty scheme. We don't need one. Can't even sell out a playoff semi final. Embarassing. Not as big as we think.

Is this a wind up post? We sold 1700 in one day despite there being no online sales or telephone sales (all to ST holders) for a game that’s on Sky with a 5 hour round trip on a Sunday when many will have work the next day. We will probably sell our entire allocation now that it’s on general sale. UTV

I completely understand the difficult position the club was put in with the delay on the physical tickets arriving, hence only going on sale on Thursday with the game on Sunday. Totally accept the limitations there on not being able to post them out to exiled fans over the phone/online unless the postage was special recorded delivery by 1pm.

What I don’t get though is why some other club staff (or even some of the club volunteers or youth team or whatever) can’t volunteer to take phone calls as the ticket office staff are so hectic, take card payments over the phone and arrange for those tickets to be made available for collection at the office by the person or a named representative, post them out special delivery to the UK based exiles happy to pay a tenner for postage, or worst case take them to Swindon on the team coach and have one of the travelling staff members release them to the already paid up customer meeting them down there.

All hands to the pump lads. Do we not have the staff capacity, in which case fair enough, or do we not have the initiative the way we did to swap the Hamil around?

Selling so many in one day when it was and still is in person only is not embarrassing in the slightest. That in person restriction disenfranchises a lot of people. There will be life long Vale fans who live on Swindon’s doorstep who might not be able to go now because they couldn’t fulfill the expectation of driving all the way to Burslem and back just to stand in a queue for tickets. It’s ludicrous. 

42 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

The RP still has seats available.Why did you choose to go into the Hamil?

Because the seats for the two lads were available, but either side of them were sold out, so we couldnt sit together as a three. As i had to find three new seats somewhere i thought i would give the hamil a go.

2 hours ago, Howjy04 said:

Showing about a dozen tickets left in the Lorne Street.Will that go grey shortly or will  ST holders still be able to get their tickets online?Any announcement from the club re the ‘SOLD OUT’ Railway Stand so ST holders can still get their tickets?I dread to think of the meltdown if it’s not sorted before Sunday night.It does say on the member site to phone the T.O.if you can’t  access ,online,the area you want.Are they serious?Do they know how to answer a phone in the T.O.?

I’m a season ticket holder in the Railway Stand who currently can’t book my seat online. I’ve emailed the ticket office, also emailed Janet Ellis, tried phoning the ticket office but not had a response from anyone up to now. It looks like I’ll have to make a trip up to the Vale. This is a relatively minor inconvenience for me but what about people who live out of the area, they seem to be well and truly up the creek? It just seems a bit mad that a season ticket holder can’t book their seat.

This is not a criticism of Carol and Kevin by the way, I’ve never been more optimistic about the future of the club with them in charge.

(Apologies if this is a duplicate post, I’ve sent it previously before realising I wasn’t logged in)

Anyone know if the fan zone has sold out? Trying to get a ticket online but I can't proceed as I have to select
a delivery option but there are none there! Think it was there yesterday but now I've decided to go I can't buy one. Think I'll have to make a journey to the shop.

1 hour ago, Doha said:

I completely understand the difficult position the club was put in with the delay on the physical tickets arriving, hence only going on sale on Thursday with the game on Sunday. Totally accept the limitations there on not being able to post them out to exiled fans over the phone/online unless the postage was special recorded delivery by 1pm.

What I don’t get though is why some other club staff (or even some of the club volunteers or youth team or whatever) can’t volunteer to take phone calls as the ticket office staff are so hectic, take card payments over the phone and arrange for those tickets to be made available for collection at the office by the person or a named representative, post them out special delivery to the UK based exiles happy to pay a tenner for postage, or worse case take them to Swindon on the team coach and have one of the travelling staff members release them to the already paid up customer meeting them down there.

All hands to the pump lads. Do we not have the staff capacity, in which case fair enough, or do we not have the initiative the way we did to swap the Hamil around?

Selling so many in one day when it was and still is in person only is not embarrassing in the slightest. That in person restriction disenfranchises a lot of people. There will be life long Vale fans who live on Swindon’s doorstep who might not be able to go now because they couldn’t fulfill the expectation of driving all the way to Burslem and back just to stand in a queue for tickets. It’s ludicrous. 

I have experienced this issue to a lesser extent for the recent West Brom away cup game a few years ago, and the Man City match at the Etihad.

Living in Birmingham, I can't always nip up the motorway to go and stand in a queue for a ticket I might not get in person, so on both occasions I ended up getting tickets for the home end and having to keep schtum when we scored (or did something good!)

It really shouldn't be this hard. I think the new online ticketing system does seem to have helped, now that we can get e-tickets without having to go to the ticket office or have things posted to us.

2 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

I've just rang them see if could pay for a Swindon ticket over the phone and pick it up later as if my lady gets there and its all of a sudden gone massive she cannot hang around too long as she has a business to run
Answer the phone will you Vale
UTV

Up there an hour ago. There were 8 people in the queue, hardly massive.

2 hours ago, Properman said:

It seems with so many things not running right all the time, could it be that Carol and Kevin and staff are not as good as we all thought. I dont know but something it seems go wrong every time we need ticket sales. We keep saying they will put it right but they have'nt. I thought Catol had put staff in place to sort these problems out.

ffs

Archived