onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Play-offs v Swindon Tickets

Joe B

There is no simple solution this debate has raged all season. Loads and loads of factors apply to people going games both home and away.

Finance, work commitments, family commitments, health,  etc. 

I'd class myself as a good supporter, i go to maybe 10 to 15 aways a season. This season i have been to 20 aways, the reason was i was off work for 5 months due to an operation and was able to go the likes of Bristol Rovers and Carlisle night games . Normally ( because i've been the ground previously ) i wouldn't of gone to those games due to work commitments. But my 82 year old dad is a lifelong good supporter, who doesn't go anymore. I'm no better than him because i go. 

My lad is an avid fan, Vale can do no wrong in his eyes, he'd go and see them if they were playing on the moon. However he works 3 in 6 weekends so has missed half the games home and away despite being a season ticket holder.  Breadwinner clearly works shifts based on his posts, but another passionate fan who can't go all the time.

I've seen all sorts of suggestions, official coach people is one such suggestion for priority. Personally it's not my bag, can't think of anything worse. I go to games in the main 50/50 train or car. Again why does paying for an official coach make that person better than a train traveller ? 

Unfortunately mates rates for tickets will go on at each and every club up and down the land. Same with concerts, i can imagine a few Vale fans didn't have to circumnavigate Ticketmaster for 2 hours if they wanted a Robbie Williams ticket.

I always remember in the height of Covid Alastair Campbell popped up at West Ham v Burnley behind closed doors. Not what you know it's who you know. Very naive to think this practice will ever stop whether it's Vale, Stoke, Burnley or whoever. 

But despite all of our protestations and posts on here we could of just strolled up at 4-00 pm yesterday afternoon and got an away ticket no problem .

Whatever system we use will be flawed, but there is no doubt something needs to be looked at just to appease people and keep fans engaged which the club are very good at.

I look forward to seeing everyone at Gillingham or Peterborough next season depending which division we are in 🤣

In all seriousness lots of good ideas, ultimately it's not a regular occurrence but that doesn't stop the need for Vale looking at it. 

Advert

It definitely isn't everybody that uses the official coaches, if so I'm not in the click we use the coaches regularly and this is the first time I've heard of this.
There's people on the coach that attend every single fixture, I don't, we've been 13 away games. The people who go every fixture should get their loyalty rewarded in my opinion, don't begrudge them in the slightest, just make it transparent, and it's not a problem.

9 hours ago, PortVale4Life said:

Does that include being mates with a member of staff/ player and getting tickets when you don’t even support vale before loyal fans? I now a few who got Exeter tickets that Don’t even support the vale 

Of course it doesn’t and I’m astonished you even suggest it. Are you prepared to name these people of whom you speak or am I the only one who gets named publicly on here?

I am a season ticket holder living 30 miles from Vale Park. I attend a large portion of away games to watch my favourites. I drive my car as I hate coach travel. IF there is a situation where official coach travellers get preference for away tickets I would argue that's wrong as its prejudicial against others like me.

3 hours ago, dishydave said:

If you have a loyalty scheme that rewards people who spend money on away tickets then surely that scheme should also reward for official coach travel giving them first refusal.

Yes. Great. Fair enough. The only thing is, they don’t.

Not officially anyway.

This feels a bit like the debate about electoral reform. Whoever is in power will never consider changing FPTP because they’ve done very well out of the status quo.

It feels like one or two could be resistant to changing the informal system of how tickets are allocated because they’re alright Jack.

50 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Of course it doesn’t and I’m astonished you even suggest it. Are you prepared to name these people of whom you speak or am I the only one who gets named publicly on here?

There just being internet bullies calling u out jacko don’t listen to them fans like u deserve better treatment in my opinion 

57 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Never said you myself, I won’t name them but I know a number of people who get tickets of members of staff and a couple of players in particular that aren’t vale fans. Loyalty system needed based on attendance 

If what is being reported is correct then staff at Synetics, friends and family of PVFC who don’t attend games, tickets disappearing through the ticket office or official travel then none of these are ethical. I do go on official travel but don’t attend as many games as others, I just pick grounds I’ve not been to before.

Having supported PVFC since mid seventies all this is just because we’re going through a rich vein of form. It won’t matter whether we’re promoted or not, a dip inform which will happen will see the normal service resumed. 
Whether we get promoted or not I’ll still be having my normal ten game ticket, which the club don’t recognise as showing any loyalty to the club. Ppl know if they’ll be having an ST or not yet 10 game tickets haven’t gone on sale yet and I struggle to understand why this is.
At the end of the day we’re Port Vale with a small number of fans and that suits me just fine. KOYW

14 hours ago, Joe B said:

The club is infinitely better run in many aspects. I have long applauded the shift to the DoF model, most transfer business done last summer, better community links, and the appointment of Clarke. Carol has done an outstanding job and is running the club in the way I could only dream of when I was campaigning for her to takeover in 2018-19.

We can't get into a position where we can't point out areas of improvement. That's a silly position to take. Ticketing is both inadequate and unfair and needs sorting so the average season ticket holder can enjoy our long overdue success.

I'm now, incredibly after recent times, viewed as a moaner, as there's only so many times you can repeat 'love the DoF model' and 'things are good!'. I did it to death last summer and was told off for being incessantly positive. I remember once being labelled a 'propagandist for Carol Shanahan', such was my incessant drive for her to a) bid for the club, and b) the fans to back it. Makes me chuckle how a bit of direct criticism about the January window and ticketing has turned me into some form of rabble rouser!

In the last few weeks I have seen things I want to be improved at Port Vale, which doesn't detract from how well I think things have gone thus far. I shouldn't have to preface any critique with 'things are really good' - it's widely accepted and clear that they are.

I've made my point so will drop it now and hope changes are made over the summer, both in terms of online sales and a fairer allocation. I hope we don't get to a position where any fair criticism of the club's operations is met with scorn and disdain; we've been there before. Any criticisms I've ever made, under V2001, Smurthwaite, and now, are motivated by wanting things to be better for the Vale fans, as I think we deserve some good stuff for once. Nothing else.

It's as a fanbase we drove change to get to this point, and it's as a fanbase we can help shape the future of the club so the benefits are enjoyed by as many as possible.

Good points well said. The club is immeasurably better than it was or ever was. Just needs a few tweaks and 99% of the fanbase will be happy.

Showing about a dozen tickets left in the Lorne Street.Will that go grey shortly or will  ST holders still be able to get their tickets online?Any announcement from the club re the ‘SOLD OUT’ Railway Stand so ST holders can still get their tickets?I dread to think of the meltdown if it’s not sorted before Sunday night.It does say on the member site to phone the T.O.if you can’t  access ,online,the area you want.Are they serious?Do they know how to answer a phone in the T.O.?

Archived