onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Play-offs v Swindon Tickets

Joe B

17 minutes ago, Mellor! said:

We were also asked to stop whining about the previous owner 🤷‍♂️. No one is above criticism, the ticketing situation is a shambles and should have been sorted after the Man City game. If no one criticises, nothing changes. We can be thankful for everything that is going right and also complain about the things that need change. Vale is the only place I know where they make it difficult to spend money.

Your comment ain’t above criticism either 

Advert

8 minutes ago, dazzerjames said:

People would still cue to make sure ? None of the actual people cuing and camping are doing the moaning . I’d imagine for some it’s quite exciting ? They seem to be proud of it via social media

The box situation ? Is this a fact or rumour , I guess putting thousands into the club to pay for a box comes with some benefits ? I’d imagine if they don’t buy the offered tickets they go back Into general sale ?

I’m a little bit on the fence with that if I’m honest

What I’m not on the fence with is when it comes to something finally positive for the club and a time to actually get excited, we have moaning.

Cues to get in the ground
Food
Beer
Tickets
Fans that are in my seat
Fans not seen before
‘Day trippers’
Speakers
Sky tv
Move of fixture
Online crashed

Blah blah , we are a Lower league club , with no real profit margins with a local business owner haemorrhaging Thousands of pounds a year for the love of the club.

If I read this forum , which she probably does… I’d Probably pack it in at the end of the season.

She won’t , because she loves the club the community it sits in

The sneering ,sniping, angry negative attitude of some on here really is not in line with what the club has become this last 2-3 years.

Am I making it up that someone told me they don't need to queue because a box holder has sorted them out?

8 tickets to box holders is something someone who volunteers for the club told me.

No one is sniping.

There's no point continuing this, clearly, as instead of talking about the point I'm making about overnight queues and honesty about ticket availability, you've bundled up multiple unrelated topics into one no true Scotsman strawman argument.

1 hour ago, dazzerjames said:

Bundles for who , players ?? Staff ? If it’s going to keep getting mentioned then do share ? Otherwise it just comes across as moaning and a conspiracy theory ?

Any facts or further information other than snide remarks

There has been complaints about the wait online , the fact people have to cue early ?

Plus the conspiracy that there is a secret handshake club on tickets.

I don’t think vale are well enough followed to have such a secret club ..

But please do share .. why would you not ??

Some box holders (apparently not all, which is very strange, but may be wrong) get early away ticket access - 8 per box. These don't have to be for 8 diehard Vale fans - it could be 1 Vale fan +  7 mates who fancy a day out. That's 7 tickets that ST holders don't get. Same deal for sponsors. This isn't announced and is kept quiet, for some reason. No idea why.

Vice-Presidents and Directors Box get 100 tickets reserved.

The official coach travellers get 50 tickets saved. No idea why. No different to any other fan.

Staff and players rightly get an allowance - not sure on the quantity.

This is why the Exeter tickets sold out in 70 minutes, and people panicked last night/today, leading to camping out overnight and 7 hour queues.

There is, without question, quiet 'saving' of tickets for a section of the fanbase without announcement to the rest of the fanbase. Some think it is fine. It's a matter of personal view - I wish for greater transparency and a more proportional allocation, in the interest of diehard Vale fans with less money who can't afford these privileges. For me, the ability to follow Vale should be as unrestricted as possible when it comes to money, considering we're in such as working class area. Whilst I accept there will always be a hierarchy, I want it to be as fair as possible.

Happy to be corrected on any of the above.

The club is infinitely better run in many aspects. I have long applauded the shift to the DoF model, most transfer business done last summer, better community links, and the appointment of Clarke. Carol has done an outstanding job and is running the club in the way I could only dream of when I was campaigning for her to takeover in 2018-19.

We can't get into a position where we can't point out areas of improvement. That's a silly position to take. Ticketing is both inadequate and unfair and needs sorting so the average season ticket holder can enjoy our long overdue success.

I'm now, incredibly after recent times, viewed as a moaner, as there's only so many times you can repeat 'love the DoF model' and 'things are good!'. I did it to death last summer and was told off for being incessantly positive. I remember once being labelled a 'propagandist for Carol Shanahan', such was my incessant drive for her to a) bid for the club, and b) the fans to back it. Makes me chuckle how a bit of direct criticism about the January window and ticketing has turned me into some form of rabble rouser!

In the last few weeks I have seen things I want to be improved at Port Vale, which doesn't detract from how well I think things have gone thus far. I shouldn't have to preface any critique with 'things are really good' - it's widely accepted and clear that they are.

I've made my point so will drop it now and hope changes are made over the summer, both in terms of online sales and a fairer allocation. I hope we don't get to a position where any fair criticism of the club's operations is met with scorn and disdain; we've been there before. Any criticisms I've ever made, under V2001, Smurthwaite, and now, are motivated by wanting things to be better for the Vale fans, as I think we deserve some good stuff for once. Nothing else.

It's as a fanbase we drove change to get to this point, and it's as a fanbase we can help shape the future of the club so the benefits are enjoyed by as many as possible.

3 hours ago, jjvale_03 said:

Jacko, it seems like you're heavily defending the policy of keeping loads of tickets for the 'chosen few'.

Is that because you're one of them? Can't remember ever seeing you queuing on Hamil Road for a ticket like the rest of us?

You weren’t there in the queue between 3.15 and 3.55 this afternoon then???  I didn’t see you. 

8 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Some box holders (apparently not all, which is very strange, but may be wrong) get early away ticket access - 8 per box. These don't have to be for 8 diehard Vale fans - it could be 1 Vale fan +  7 mates who fancy a day out. That's 7 tickets that ST holders don't get. Same deal for sponsors. This isn't announced and is kept quiet, for some reason. No idea why.

Vice-Presidents and Directors Box get 100 tickets reserved.

The official coach travellers get 50 tickets saved. No idea why. No different to any other fan.

Staff and players rightly get an allowance - not sure on the quantity.

This is why the Exeter tickets sold out in 70 minutes, and people panicked last night/today, leading to camping out overnight and 7 hour queues.

There is, without question, quiet 'saving' of tickets for a section of the fanbase without announcement to the rest of the fanbase. Some think it is fine. It's a matter of personal view - I wish for greater transparency and a more proportional allocation, in the interest of diehard Vale fans with less money who can't afford these privileges.

Happy to be corrected on any of the above.

How would you treat a group of mates who club together to buy a box for a season, surely entitled to 8 tickets. Is not buying a box equivalent to buying  8 STs. No doubt there are family boxes too. 20,000 tickets are not available to fans at Wembley. 

32 minutes ago, Doha said:

Am I making it up that someone told me they don't need to queue because a box holder has sorted them out?

8 tickets to box holders is something someone who volunteers for the club told me.

No one is sniping.

There's no point continuing this, clearly, as instead of talking about the point I'm making about overnight queues and honesty about ticket availability, you've bundled up multiple unrelated topics into one no true Scotsman strawman argument.

Well I can confirm that the box holder that I’m friends with has had no tickets for the Swindon game home or away offered to him or any of his business partners 👍

Archived